1500pt Daemonhunter Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a good army list?

HQ:

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord (Icon of the Just,Thunder Hammer,Bolt pistol,Holacaust)
    3 Weapon servitors (Power fist,close combat weapons)
    3 Acolyte (Stormshield)
    1 Familiar
    @ 246 Pts

Elites:

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (psycannon, auspex)
    2 Sages
    1 Mystic
    3 Gun Servitors (1 Plasma Cannon, 2 Heavy Bolters)
    @ 168 Pts

2 Sages
    1 Mystic
    @ 168 Pts

Eversor Assasin
    @ 95 Pts

Troops:

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (2x meltagun)
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper (combi-Melta gun)
    1 Inquisitorial Rhino (smoke launcher, extra armor)
    @ 203 Pts

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (2x plasma gun)
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper (combi-plasma gun)
    @ 203 Pts

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (2x meltagun)
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper (combi-Melta gun)
    @ 203 Pts

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (2x plasma gun)
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper (combi-plasma gun)
    @ 203 Pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list, real nice (even though this is the wrong forum *cough*)

HQ is good, but I seldom find the stormshields usefull. You might want to consider a transport for your Inquisitor lord, since he is meant for close combat. Steal one from a plasma squad perhaps?

The two inquisitor firebases are the exact same I use. Always usefull.

The eversor is cool, I'd take either him or the callidus. Fun to see someone use something else then callidus once in a while though.

Troops all good.

Seeing that you don't have any grey knights whatsoever you could actually field daemonhosts if you'd like...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like where you are going with your army, but don't forget about purgation squads. A four man squad with psycannons is freaking deadly against just about any infentry. Bonus though against oarks and eldar. Also with your HQ model, sinc you are already taking a familiar (for the I bonus), you might as well take the HammerHand power and lose the Thunder Hammer.
    Your StormTrooper Squards with the melta guns is one of my favorites. Three melta gun shots at BS 4 ownz. I have seen it seriously depress people when a small human squad like that can take out a huge tank.
    The one problem taht I see with your army is that it is going to be loving the battle cannon from lets say a looted Lemon, or a Chaos Defiler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Hello Daemonkiller, welcome to LO and to the Daemonhunters! Just so you know, any lists posted in the future belong in the Army List forum, not here.

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord (Icon of the Just,Thunder Hammer,Bolt pistol,Holacaust)
    3 Weapon servitors (Power fist,close combat weapons)
    3 Acolyte (Stormshield)
    1 Familiar
    @ 246 Pts
    -Familiar is useless in this retinue - only one psyker power, and a weapon that goes last on the Lord, so the familiar doesn't give you any bonuses.
    -Vary the equiptment on the Acolytes. This way, if you're taking damage from a gun (which SS's can't protect against), you can survive that too. I'd take 1 SS, 1 Power or artificer armor, and 1 Refractor Field. Alternately, since it's a Combat-oriented retinue, you can give one or two of them Power Weapons.
    -If you have any chance of fighting Daemons, swap the T-hammer for a D-hammer. It's only a little more expensive, but useful against the Daemonic. If you DO fight daemons and have the D-hammer, keep the Familiar and add a Heirophant as well.
    -This unit NEEDS a transport. No one'll let a Hammer-weilding individual (especially one followed by that many power fists) just march across the field!

2 Sages
    1 Mystic
    @ 168 Pts
    (x2)
    Lovely, I use these myself.

Eversor Assasin
    @ 95 Pts
    Looks good, either this guy or the Callidus would help, so if the Eversore doesn't work as well, try the other one. Also, Death Cult Assassins would probably do wonders in this list.

Troops...
    Very nice units, all four of them.

Very nice list. Not many people try the GK-less approach, but this is definitely the way to go about doing that.

Couple of pointers:
    -If you find you're getting beaten badly in combat, give the IST Vet's power weapons and plasma pistols. Little more expensive, but gives each unit a kick.
    -If you're continually being beaten by armor, add an H/K missile or two to the list.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i prefer GKT over Inquisitors and 1 or 2 GK's matched with 1 IST hehehehe. but iguess that may exceed ur 1500pt limit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool list . . . i hope mine to be as good as that in the near future! jokin its really cool list
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?chaosbringer' target='_blank'>40k-forum.tk go there, its the best</a>

i&#39;ve heard alchohol makes you stupid&#33;

No i&#39;m . . . doesn&#39;t

Closed Thread