Starting a New Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting a New Army

Hey.
    I would like some advice on starting a new army. I have been playing for about 9 months, and am an ok player, will really test that in October, when i am going to a Tournament.
    While playing as Chaos Space Marines, i have always wanted to use other armies, and have, i have a lot of Daemons, so bought some Elites and Fast from the Daemon codex, and played a couple of games with them, didn't like the whole feel to the army, so sold the bit's i bought, and then decided to buy 1500pts of eldar, but i didnt really buy the right 'stuff' as it where, i just bouht units i liked, Eldrad, Banshees and Rangers, and a few other bits, i am not selling that off , as it doesn't work, and i don't want to spend loads more money on Eldar.
    The main problem with my chaos and then when i bought the Eldar, none of it has ever been painted, because i bought my Chaos from ebay on the cheap, and some of it was painted, but pretty badly, so i sprayed it all black.. but still haven't done much but start one squad of CSM, and dry brush my tanks. (and Eldar i just bought all in one go, and put it together, with out even spraying any of it...)

So now i want to start another army, but slowly, i was/am thinking of a Drop Pod Dread army, with 4 IronClads, and 2 Normal Dreads, a Tactical squad, Scout squad M.O.F and either bikes or Land Speeders.
    But that will be a bit boring to do i think, and might not be very fun to play after a few games, it will either lose, because everyone brings lots of Power fists, and melta's or i win, because of how hard the Dreads are.

I have played with my friends Necrons, and liked them sort of, but if i do Necrons, i will wait till the nex codex, and sort of want something to start now, to do something over the summer (even though i need to paint 1750 points of Chaos for this tournament in October)

So what is a good choice, for a fun balanced army, that could have a fair bit of converting to be done, or just be really fluffy, out of:

Space Marines (Drop Pod Dreads)
    Dark Eldar
    Orks
    Tau
    Possibly Necrons
    Guard
    Traitor Guard
    Daemon Hunters?
    or anything else.

Thanks (i don't know if anyone will bother reading all of that)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I can't imagine anyone starting a Dark Eldar army now, the models really need updating - looking very tired.

Daemonhunters might be a good choice. If you stick to Grey Knights you won't have many models so can run wild with conversions. If you do that I'd advise buying some plastic Space Marines to help with the conversions, all the GK models are metal.

Tau are fun, the background is cool andthey're pretty easy to paint.

Orks are probably the most balanced army in your list. Lots of conversion potential - hell, Orks are there to be converted! And if you already play them you'll have an advantage. Always thought an army of pirate (stereotypical eye-catch, pegleg, hook and cutlass types) Orks could look cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suppose that is a problem with Dark Eldar, plus every time i have played them, i have wiped them out completely.
    Ork's or Daemon hunters do seem like good options.
    Another thing i forgot to add, is my idea of doing a Mario Guard army would be quite funny, mario's and luigi's as the troops, bowser ogryns ect would be quite funny, but extremley hard i guess.

+ Reply to Thread