Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predator Army

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Apotheosis 
#1 ·
My friend and I decided to make alien vs Predator themed armies, he wanted aliens and chose Tyranid for them. (Easy choice.) Now I need help choosing an army for predators, I was thinking eldar with kroot heads, but..... I don't think eldar have the right playing style.

#2 ·
Probably the best representative for the Predators would be a Chaos Space Marine force without Daemons, Cultists, Daemon Princes, etc. You could then use Predator models(whatever you are using to represent them) as Chaos Space Marines. In my opinion, that's the best army to represent the Predators, brutal, efficient, fearless(I think!), and scary.

#3 ·
But what about WYGIWYS?

Here are some costum rules.

Predator
WS 8
BS 4
S 4(5)
T 4
W 3
I 6
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 4+

Weapons:

Spear thingey: +1 strength in close combat, always strikes first
Missile launcher thingey:
Range: 36
S: 8
AP: 2
Type: Heavy 1
Star thingey
Range: 12
S: 5
AP: 5
Type: Assault 4
Claw thingey: Power fist,strikes according to intentive

Rules: May use 1 close combat weapon, and 1 shooting weapon per turn.

#4 ·
I'd say use Kroot Bodies (despite them being so skinny) with marine heads. Cut the back half of the head off and put on the back part of a kroot head to that maybe. Cut the handle off of a plasma pistol or laspistol and glue it onto the shoulder for the shoulder cannon. The predator shouldn't be 200 points either. Realistically, i'd say like 50 points with a save of 5+. They don't really wear armor. Maybe an invlun save of 5+, since they are so fast and agile.

#6 ·
Dark Eldar Wych Cult - but Change the stats, points, slightly.

I mean, they spend their entire lives fighting, pitting themselves against stuff like genestealers.

#10 ·
You are setting yourself a very hard task there. I mean Predators look so different from any of the 40k races.

Eldar and Kroot wouldnt work because predators are like 8 foot tall and built like a space marine.

A mixture of DE and SM is the only way i could see it work. Actually catachan jungle fighters might work for the body as they are well muscled and heavy set. They dont have armour either just like the Predators.

But any combination of models and bits you use would be bloody hard work unless you are a seriously good converter - which you may very well be.

Here is a link to a predator model Predator

#11 ·
Umm. I'm a 7/10 with conerting things......

Head: Space marine, with green stuff as dread lochs
Body: Dark eldar. (Male)
Arms: Space marine without shoulder pads
Weapon: Shortened Gonder knight spear
Legs: Dark eldar

Sound good?

#12 ·
DE are too slender...and i saw this nice unique pred drawing once with a huge shoulder pad...so your leader could have a big shoulder pad, and a cannon on the other shoulder :D

catachans might indeed work, but the legs still are difficult to choose...

space marine arms are good...

some preds do were armour remember so you could put plasticard armour on some of them?

#13 ·
I actualy used SM legs, and a dark eldar body, it looks pretty good.
(This is just a test guy. Fooling around with parts and stuff.)

As soon as my cell phone is fixed. (Has a camera.)
I will post pictures.)

#15 ·
I used...

Legs: Khorne beserker
Body: Dark eldar
Left arm: Dark eldar arm
Right arm: Space marine arm
Head: Dark eldar (The top cut off)
Rocket launcher thingey: Plasma gun on shoulder
Pointy throwing thing: The dark eldar hand weapon with two prongs
Spear thing: Shortened gondor knight lance

I looks awsome. I need to buy some green stuff and add the hair.

#16 ·
Ah man, the expenses of converting...You better be glad each pred is a lot in points :D.

#21 ·
You might want to check out some of the new Confrontation miniatures. It's a new tabletop game. . . .

However, no matter what Models you decided to use, or conversions, I still suggest you use the rules for wyches.

IE, change the "combat drugs" representing something else, like combat doctrine of the Predator, and the whole thing of not letting your opponents hit you, with the 4+ invulnerable save. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.