1500 Pt Nid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I am in the final stages of putting my tyranid force together. I was wondering is my army list looking ok?

HQ:
    1 x Hive Tyrant: ST, VC, +1 WS, +1 Init, toxin sacs, ext carapace, enhanced senses, - 163 points
    2 x tyrant guard: - 90 points
    3 x Warrior: VC, 2 x deathspitter, ST, ext carapace - 120 points

Elite:
    4 x Warrior: ST, RC, leaping, +1 WS, +1 Init, toxin sacs, ext carapace - 144 points
    1 x Lictor: - 80 points

Troops:
    12 x genestealers: - 192
    16 x spinegaunts: hivenode - 90
    16 x hormagaunts: hivenode - 170

Heavy Support:
    1 x Zoanthrope: warp blast - 59
    2 x Biovore: bio acid - 112

1499 if my maths is right
    ================

I don't know wether I should drop some warriors and get an extra lictor or 'thrope or maybe a 'fex. Anyway the new rules will be out soon and i'll won't be buying anything before then.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i were you, i would give something some kind of biomorph to get the points to exactly 1500... but i suppose 1499 is good enough... 1500 would just be cool...
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

few things. the shooty warriors NEED enhansed senses. at a bs of 2 they wont be hitting much without it.

also u have 3 hq choices. the tyrant guard take up a slot. if u want the guard then u should take out the warriors(shooty hq ones). if u take them out of the list u can get a carnifex. or u can get different mines for your biovore. bio acid are kinda random and i would suggest poison just in case u need to hit a large area.

also flesh hooks for the cc warriors is awesome. they can forget about almost any kind of terrian and make it into cc faster!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Make the tyrant guard accompany the HT, otherwise you have too many HQs. Don&#39;t bother with the second biovore-exchange it for another zoanthrope. You might also want to give the biovores something either than bio-acid - you need the ability to hurt high toughness troops, so add poison mines to your list. I&#39;d remove the venom cannon. Give your HT another set of talons, he&#39;s better in combat than shooting, and give him warp blast instead-its alot better and allows him to blow apart tanks and kill high-toughness beasties-he can even kill daemon princes this way&#33;
    Spinegaunts are CRAP-remove them. Have one squad to distract fire and then add some more hormagaunts or something, and also, get rid of the shooty warriors and get something more close combat oriented-nids are a CC army, they need it. Try a synapse &#39;thrope and some other assorted nastiness- more hormagaunts is an amazing idea, you can never have enough of them.
    Good luck, and devour some biomass for me.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Zerling@Aug 20 2004, 147
    I am in the final stages of putting my tyranid force together. I was wondering is my army list looking ok?
    --- The list looks ok to me... You can still fine-tune it to be more effective (like adding a Carnifex instead of some Warriors), but You should be able to play a good game with this one.

1 x Hive Tyrant: ST, VC, +1 WS, +1 Init, toxin sacs, ext carapace, enhanced senses, - 163 points
    2 x tyrant guard: - 90 points
    --- Solid for a walking Tyrant.

Slamander, Codex page 10, "Hive Tyrant - Special Rules - Tyrant Bodyguard".

Zerling, separate "Bodyguard" Guards from separate HQ choice Guards. Example:

Tyrant (points of Tyrant + stuff)

w/ 2 Tyrant Guard (points of Guards + stuff)

Separate HQ choice choice Guards would simply lack that "w/", looking like:

2 Tyrant Guard (points)

3 x Warrior: VC, 2 x deathspitter, ST, ext carapace - 120 points
    --- Close, but no cookie... Count the points again, off by 1&#33; =)

Salamander, note that these are armylist Warriors.

Zerling, when using both armylist and mutable Warriors, please define them appropriately. A good guideline would be "armylist" and "mutable".

4 x Warrior: ST, RC, leaping, +1 WS, +1 Init, toxin sacs, ext carapace - 144 points
    --- Nasty mutable CC Warriors.

1 x Lictor: - 80 points
    --- As I&#39;m sure I&#39;ve said before, not perhaps that effective in actual killing power, but fun nevertheless&#33;

12 x genestealers: - 192
    --- Solid.

1 x Zoanthrope: warp blast - 59
    --- Just one will die quick, since only the Tyrant could possibly draw fire from this... Essentially, this one is just easy pickings for any heavies which can&#39;t target the Tyrant.

2 x Biovore: bio acid - 112
    --- Pretty good.

I myself prefer the maximum complement of three, with Poison and Bio-Acid to hurt different targets.

I don&#39;t know wether I should drop some warriors and get an extra lictor or &#39;thrope or maybe a &#39;fex.
    --- As commendable it is to see a list without 2 TMCs in 1500pts, I&#39;d seriously add a ranged-capability Carnifex instead of the shooty Warriors... The &#39;Fex has a much better chance to take any opposing vehicles out of action for a while. Against masses of models, the shooting of mere three Warriors will probably not be enough anyway.

Essentially, I&#39;d make the Carnifex (preferably with VCannon) my priority.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Closed Thread