1000pt Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right I wanted to start the blood angels cuse there just plain cool. My world eaters army is cool also but there just dont have the class i see that comes with the blood angels. So here is my list, I would appreciate some tips and hints on building a proper blood angels army. ( is it just me or is it that blood angel tactical squad cant be equipped with chain swords & pistols?)

HQ 230pts
    Chaplian - Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Jump Pack, Terminator Honours, Deathmask, Melta Bombs
    D3 + 3 Death Company

Troops - 252pts
    7 Tactical Marines & 1 Sergeant - Plasma Gun

Elites - 103
    "Furioso" Dreadnought - Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Fast Attack - 135
    4 Assualt Marines & 1 Sergeant - Plasma Pistol & CC x2

Heavy Support -278
    "Baal" Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsers, Pintle Storm Bolter, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    Dreadnought -Missle Launcher , Lascannon, Extra Armour

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good, but you have to get close for anti tank. i'm not sure about the assault squad. they are really small in numbers, and when some join the death company, they would be even smaller.
    and blood angel tactical squads cannot be equip with ccw and pistol (even though they should be able)

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ 230pts
    Chaplian - Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Jump Pack, Terminator Honours, Deathmask, Melta Bombs
    D3 + 3 Death Company
    Drop the bombs and the mask, keep him cheap and cheerfull.

Shooty squads with just plasma guns in Drop a man 6 is the best for a shooty squad and then add a las cannon.

Elites - 103
    "Furioso" Dreadnought - Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    You realy cant go wrong with this, i love them, others dont, i would keep ot its a briliant model and can dish out damage in cc.

Fast Attack - 135
    4 Assualt Marines & 1 Sergeant - Plasma Pistol & CC x2
    Well, its a little small but for the points of the army, it should be ok just to jet along with the chaplin.

Heavy Support -278
    "Baal" Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsers, Pintle Storm Bolter, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    Dreadnought -Missle Launcher , Lascannon, Extra Armour
    The dreads cool, but the Baal is the worst invention ofteh imperium ever, i would use these points bulking up the assult squad or somewere else, anywere else.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I think you have a strange fascination with armies of little red men who crave killing

I wouldn't use two dreads in a game this small (I'm also not a big fan of Furioso's anyways). Drop the Furioso and pick up either another Tac squad, or Rhinos for the ones you have.

I agree with OrkSlugga on the Baal Predator - not the most useful thing in your armoury by far. Take a Predator Annihilator or a Tac squad with anti-armor weapons. If you drop the Furioso and the Baal, you can get a third squad and Rhinos all around!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor baal class pred Whats wrong with it?? it looks like an awsome Ifantry killer. Come on i use a choas predator with an auto cannon and sponsered heavy bolters. I think an assualt cannon with 2 heavy bolters is nice. The furiouso stays couse quite franckly thats the only model i have that comes from the blood angels line. Got it as a gift. Also the tactical squads are not there to be really shooty, they are just to move foward and put some good use of there black rage. Maby I should replace the plasma gun with a flamer??

And should I drop the assualt squad for more heavy guns?? Also I hate rhinos, pointless since you cant charge out of them any more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take the Furioso Dreadnought and paint it like the death company and use it as the special character Moriar the Chosen. It's pretty much the same, but Moriar has special rules like rampage.

An Eversor Assassin would be a good choice since it's independent, 50pts. and adds D6 attacks in assault.

I like to use less tactical Marines, and instead, get a lot of scouts. With the two close combat weapons, they all get the extra attack, plus they use Infiltrators.

Terminator Assault Squad is a good choice because they are excellent at close combat, with their lightning claws and thunder hammer. Plus, if you want, you can exchange their weapons for storm bolters.

Closed Thread