1850 Marines And Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this is a list to be used against all opponents and in tournaments with no modification. I think it has plenty of both anti-tank and anti-infantry firepower, and good close combat ability. I'm pretty happy with this list, it's probably about as balanced as a Grey Knight-heavy army can be.

Grey Knight Grand Master w/ hammerhand and master-crafted Nemesis Force Weapon and 4 terminators w/ holocaust

Chaplain w/ terminator honors and bolt pistol

Dreadnought w/ Twin Lascannon, heavy flamer, and extra armor.

5 Tactical Marines, Lascannon

5 Tactical Marines, Lascannon

8 Grey Knights

8 Grey Knights

7 Grey Knights w/ 2 Incinerators (Fast Attack)

Predator Annihilator w/ sponson lascannons

Predator Annihilator w/ sponson lascannons

Predator Destructor w/ sponson heavy bolters

Well, tell me what you think. Thanks.

There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should write the total points cost under the squads so we can see how much they cost and how many points you are playing. I also don't know what chapter of space marines you are playing, im guessing just regular ones. I would give grandmaster holocaust rather than hammerhand but otherwise that looks good. you need ist squads with teleport homers to teleport all the grey knights in. Give chaplain lightning claws rather than bolt pistol. you should get rid of 2 tanks or las squads because you have too many and replace them with shooty inquisitor and retnue. Scout squads with snipers are good against characters (nightbringer,deciever,greater deamons, tyranid hive tyrant
    Grey Knights vs. orcs:
    1 down and a thousand more to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Give chaplain lightning claws rather than bolt pistol
    A Chaplain shouldn't ever have a LC, you don't gain an extra attack.

lepermessiah, pretty good list. It's a little too concentrated on lascannons and not enough anti-swarm weapons (flamers and their different types aren't as good as you'd think - you only get one shot off, or less against well-used Nids). I'd put maybe ML's in your tac squads, so they can be useful against both types of enemies.

For the FAGK, drop one incinerator. You'll only get one shot with them anyways, and the S6 in combat is more useful than the incinerator is anyways.

Where does the Chaplain go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should write the total points cost under the squads so we can see how much they cost and how many points you are playing.
    Last time I wrote the points a mod told me not to as GW has copyrighted numbers
    I also don't know what chapter of space marines you are playing, im guessing just regular ones.
    Yes I am just playing normal Codex Marines

I would give grandmaster holocaust rather than hammerhand but otherwise that looks good.
    Well, the squad already has one holocaust, and I have found hammerhand to be the best ten points I have ever spent. It allows the Grand Master to charge a tank with the equivalent of 6 krak missiles and take down dreadnoughts with ease.

you need ist squads with teleport homers to teleport all the grey knights in.
    Well, considering it's a marine list as a base, I can't take storm troopers without dropping some Grey Knights. And I'm not teleporting any Grey Knights anyway, with the possible exception of the Terminators. If I wanted teleport homers I would just mount the marine squads in rhinos and give them veteran sergeants with homers.

Give chaplain lightning claws rather than bolt pistol.
    Like mEGALOMANIAC said, that's really a waste. A chaplain comes with a power weapon, why would I pay 25 or 30 points for a lightning claw or two when I can pay 1 point for a bolt pistol and have him come out pretty damn cheap? In my opinion, paying 100 points for a Chaplain defeats the purpose of taking one.

you should get rid of 2 tanks or las squads because you have too many and replace them with shooty inquisitor and retnue.
    Now that's just crazy talk. The tanks provide the much needed anti tank support that Grey Knights on their own can't provide. And shooty inquisitors and their retinues die like tiny girly men.

Scout squads with snipers are good against characters (nightbringer,deciever,greater deamons, tyranid hive tyrant
    Now THAT makes sense. I'd like to take at least one squad of scout snipers, but I'll have to buy more models before I can do that. But eventually I probably will replace one or both squads of marines with scouts.

lepermessiah, pretty good list. It's a little too concentrated on lascannons and not enough anti-swarm weapons (flamers and their different types aren't as good as you'd think - you only get one shot off, or less against well-used Nids). I'd put maybe ML's in your tac squads, so they can be useful against both types of enemies.
    I do know it's a little concentrated on lascannons, but since most horde armies have weak armor saves, the storm bolters from the grey knights should mostly make up for the lascannon abundance. And the predator Destructor has some nice anti infantry. But I think I will replace the infantry lascannons with missile launchers, I'll even save 10 points by doing that.

For the FAGK, drop one incinerator. You'll only get one shot with them anyways, and the S6 in combat is more useful than the incinerator is anyways.
    If I can get ahold of one more Grey Knight with a storm bolter I probably will drop one incinerator.

Where does the Chaplain go?
    The Chaplain will march with the Grey Knights and hit close combat at the same time they do to add some I 5 support. Sadly however, the Justicars will still do more damage.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A think that a commander with lightning claws and terminator armor is better than chaplain and it is in the same price range.
    Grey Knights vs. orcs:
    1 down and a thousand more to go.

Closed Thread