2000pt Sm Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 2000pt Sm Horde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here's a horde SM army I thought up. Enjoy!

HQ

Force Commander

Master-Crafted Power weapon
    Terminator Honours
    Bolt Pistol
    Iron Halo

Librarian

Master-Crafted Force weapon
    Terminator Honours
    Bolt Pistol

Elites

Veteran Squad

6 Veteran Marines, 1 with Flamer/Plasma Gun
    Vet. Sargeant with Power weapon
    All have Terminator Honours

Troops

Tactical Squad 1

9 Marines, 1 with Missile Launcher, 1 with Plasma gun
    Veteran Sargeant

Tactical Squad 2

9 Marines, 1 with Heavy Bolter, 1 with Plasma gun
    Veteran Sargeant

Tactical Squad 3

Veteran Sargeant

Tactical Squad 4

Veteran Sargeant

Fast Attack

Assault Squad 1

5 Assault Marines, 2 with Plasma pistols
    Veteran Sargeant with Power weapon
    All without jump packs

Assault Squad 2

5 Assault Marines, 2 with Plasma pistols
    Veteran Sargeant with Power weapon
    All without jump packs

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad 1

9 Devastator Marines, 2 with Missile Launchers, 2 with Plasma cannons
    Veteran Sargeant

Devastator Squad 2

9 Devastator Marines, 2 with Missile Launchers, 2 with Plasma cannons
    Veteran Sargeant

Total: 2000 points

That's 81 Marines right there. ^_^ If I want a change, then I:

Delete Librarian, add:

Chaplain

Crozius Arcanum
    Bolt Pistol
    Bionics
    Melta Bombs
    Terminator Honours

Also, add 1 Assault Marine to each squad.

New Total: 2000 points.

83 Marines in that one. Intimidated yet?

Rate please! ^_^

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty, but mayhap you should consider removing the veteran squad. If it's a horde you're looking for, you could get another tactical squad of 10 from it, and still have points left over for something else... maybe a land-speeder or move points around for a dreadnaught/vindicator, or maybe move points around for a 6th tactical squad, (to really horde it up.)

I was never a big fan of two HQs, (and even less of a fan of non-Force-Commanders,) but then that's just me, so I have no advice for that point... although 131 spare points to get several models over one model seems a good prospect... particularly in a horde army for SMs...
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 5 missile launchers in a 2000 point force? Any army with 2 or more armour 14 vehicles is going to flatten you in short order as you will need a roll of a '6' just to glance them.

"83 Marines in that one. Intimidated yet?"

Not if they cannot hurt heavy armour in their wildest dreams. You have no substantial anti armour capabilities in either hand to hand or long range. Being an IG player this army looks weak.

Your hypothetical army needs more consideration as it is currently terrible.

Although, if i played this army i would rate it 10/10 because at least i am guaranteed to win. :thumbs_up:
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reavered has a serious point you are totally lacking anti-armor. Get Lascannons in this army a nice chunk of them.

Hq- A double Hq can be ok but where are you putting these guys? Spending that many points into an exteremly immobile squad could be a bad idea. If you want to stick with these guys I would consider probally dropping it to just one giving him a jumppack and an assault squad to partol your lines with, you want something to plug a hole with, you can't have a TMC, Avatar, DP etc totally riping through your lines.

Elites- As sugguested I would consider dropping these.

Troops- All these hvy bolters are exteremly unnessisary the number of bolter you field should be enough to deal with most infantry. Swap them out for Lascannon's across the board.

Fast Attack- I would consider as stated above combine these guys into like a 7 man assualt squad with nades, a power wep sarg, IE your typically mobile assualt squad and let your force commander, chaplian, Librarian etc tag along with them.

Hvy Support- Unless you are planning on including some Landspeeders with multi-meltas in here some where these squads are going to need more hvy weps, probally like 2 Las 2 Missle just to keep costs down a bit.

General Comments: If this were my army list I would drop the assualt squads, elites and one of the Hq's. This list is fairly in compatable with a cc orientated element, you need to rely on shootiness and I kinda am leaning towards dropping all the cc elements. In favour of hvy weps and some Landspeeders, just hide these guys behind some cover and fly out to knock off the hvy armor. Altho I think this list will not fair very well. I believe that SM need a balance marines work best when they are in balance, some cc, some speed, some base of fire etc. SM have chapters but they are not specialized enough imo to take a strongly themed army and still be affective. If you want to experiment with a really shooty marine army, I think you might have to go with IW's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a couple of problems that I see off hand.
    Obviously the lack of anti tank firepower in the army.

Your two hqs, though good in combat, will probabally never get there. If they walk then they will be shot, and if they hide in a squad they are wasting their time. Either drop one and take a minimum hq or give them jump packs and dump them in the assult marine squads. I like the second idea. If gives the assult squads lots of power and makes the commanders usefull. On a side note here take the chaplin over the librarian. He is better.

The veteran squad is a waste of points. Sure it is a good CC unit but everyone else has cheeper better ones. They are overpriced for what they do, sorry.

Boost the assult squads size up some and give them back their jump packs. Also give the sergants fists. Incase you run across a tank or dread you must kill. Walking two sets of five across the board, or even three sets of them, never works. You get shot to easily.

Dont split the dev squads up. Take one with all plasma and one with all missiles. Same pts cost, far more effictive.

80+ marines is fun but you will get destroyed by most people. The only army you could deal with effictivally would be a geanstealer lacking nid army.

Closed Thread