Which Army Should I Collect? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im new to 40k but not new to the hobby, by that I mean that I've played other stuff like LOTR and Mordheim. Im having a tough time choosing which army to collect, I want one thats a good starter army for a beginner and pretty simple field. I have been narrowing it down and I've got it down to 3 Tyranids, Necrons or Tau, but I am still very openminded to other options. Can someone give me some advice or anything to help me decide!?

Thanks,

Kar

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Only the dead have seen the end of war....</span></span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NECRONS&#33; You cant get more simple than them and there modles are killer&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jebus says: Enough said&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh I know the Monolith looks mean&#33; But the low Initiative and poor close combat skills of most of the troops puts me off a little....
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Only the dead have seen the end of war....</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

For a complete beginner Necrons are easiest.

1) Easy to paint: A ridiculously simple coat of silver + a few details is enough to make necrons look decent.
    2) Easy to learn: Only the Necron Lord is capable of carrying wargear (extra equipment) so you aren&#39;t juggling a million and one numbers when drawing up an army list. Keeps things simple.
    3) Easy to play: Necrons make a very forgiving army list. Basic stats of warriors almost match those of Space Marines, meaning they&#39;re already pretty tough. Truly inspired by bad zombie films, Necrons get the We&#39;ll Be Back rule. They get shot down and have a 50% chance to stand back up. Makes it even more of a pain to kill them.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sphinx, it seems like you want a CC army. Let me just warn you that Tau are THE worst army in CC, while Tyranids are one of the best. But I would still go with Necrons, as they are really noob friendly and theyre not bad at CC--theyre just CC intolerant
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Nids are the army for me, they just go charging in and ripping and tearing things to pieces&#33; My friend has a SM army and he will most likely be my first opponent, does anyone have any tips for facing SM&#39;s? Im a little concerned about getting my army into CC intact, do SM&#39;s pack a lot of fire power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

SM do pack a lot of firepower but with ids to outnumber them big time and there&#39;s always that trusty little crittet that goes by the name TMC that all us nid players love and care, nothing nicer than sending a HT or Carnifex into their lines.

though try to deciede what kind of paintjob you want, nids can be tricky to paint but when done properly they look stunning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space marines pack more firepower than most...alot of guns

and they are no weaklings in CC...not by a long shot

but nids are indeed very fun to use hehe...stealers are such a great unit to get into combat...marines drop like flies against them :lol:
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

If u want a cheap army choose Necrons.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe dark eldar cause we got cool models like the talos, and we will have a revamp on some models in 4th edition. WE also got high initiative and are THE FASTEST army in the game. We play sneaky, don&#39;t get shot stuff and own when we have to. But thats cause I play dark eldar

its all your choice.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast