My Daemon Hunters List (rate/add) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here it is, my Daemon Hunters army list. Rate the list, suggest improvements or anything else. Thanks in advance.

HQ (I'm a little uncertain with this hero)

Grey Knight Grand Master
    -Psycannon bolts
    -Icon of the just

RETINUE

3 Grey Knight Terminators
    1 Grey Knight Terminator w/ Incinerator
    Total: 379 pts w/ Grand Master

ELITES

1 Brother Captain
    -Holocaust
    3 Grey Knight Terminators w/ Storm bolters & Nemesis weapons
    1 Terminator w/ Psycannon
    Total: 290 pts

ELITES

Vindicare Assassin 110 pts

ELITES

Inquisitor
    -Icon of The Just
    -Psycannon
    -Terminator Armour
    -Power weapon

RETINUE
    2 Sages
    2 Mystics
    1 Acolyte w Artificer Armour
    1 Gun Servitor w/ Plasma Cannon
    Total Inq & Retinue: 195 pts

TROOPS w/ Rhino (Mobile Unit)

Veteran
    -Teleport homer
    7 Stormtroopers w/ Hellguns
    1 plasma gun
    1 melta gun
    RHINO
    -Smoke Launchers
    -Hunter-killer Missile
    Total w/ Transport: 208 pts

TROOPS

Veteran
    -Teleport homer
    7 Stormtroopers w/ Hellguns
    1 plasma gun
    1 melta gun
    Total: 140 pts

FAST ATTACK (Teleport Squad)

Grey Knight Justicar *Not sure about equipment*
    5 Grey Knights w/ Storm bolters & Nemesis weapons
    1 Incinerator
    1 Psycannon
    Total: 235 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Lance Strike 70 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadnought
    -Twin-linked Lascannon
    -Missile Launcher
    -Hunter-killer missile
    -Smoke Launchers
    Total: 158 pts

Total army: 1825 pts

Total Models: 48 (Pretty sad) lol

Assassin gets into good firing positions picking off threatening troops. Dreadnought being my main heavy support tank hunting dude. Storm troopers forming the main firing line. One going ahead of the main lines to a better position. Being mobile with the Rhino incase they run into any trouble, or another squad needs help. Teleport homers on all the little guys to call in support from my Hero, termie squad, or grey knights. And a whole bunch of stuff I wont reveal just yet. Lemme know what you think, any improvements, suggestions you may have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first suggestion is to post in the appropriate forum, that way it'll get the attention it warrants and not irritate people who like their topics organized.

-moved-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have an inqusitor as an elite choice? He is very expensive and without any Psycic powers you might just as well buy another squad of Gray Knights.

What made you choose Stormtroopers as troops instead of Gray Knights?

I just started playing a Daemonhunters army, in addition to my Space Wolves and Imperial Guard, and have gone with Gray Knights as my main troop choice with only one squad of Stormtroopers in a Chimera.

As for equiping your units I recomend giving as many as possible a targeteer since being able to messaure the distance to the enemy before deciding who to shoot at is a great way to gain some advantage over your enemy.

Other then that I would advice you to cut down on the number of terminators, they are very expensive and very slow. Buy another dreadnought instead.

I do not know how you and your friends usually play your games but me and my friends usually set the point value to 750, 1000, 1500 or 2000 points and so on. Stoping at 1825 points seems to be very strange to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason i chose storm troopers over grey knights was because they were the only ones that could have powerful special weapons. The storm troopers in the rhino have tank hunting duty. The squad without are more of a support unit lending a hand where needed.

The reason for the Inq as an elites choice:
    I needed an inq lord or an elite inq for my vindicare assassin. I personaly thought that my grey knight hero could do way more damage than a lord. I plan to deep strike all my termies and grey knights by the way. Whatever grey knight is in my army they will all be deep striking to get into HTH asap.

As for the points being 1825, thats where my army list stops. This is the stuff i have or will be getting in the near future once i have enough $ and ebay is good to me lol. The Inq by the way is a terminator so i've decided to deep strike him along with the rest of my grey knights. His retinue is just a waste so thats out the window.

The dreadnought i will consider in place of the inquisitor retinue, it probably will be more useful. And i need all the high strength, low AP weapons i can get.

Also about the targeters, i almost forgot about those little babies. I keep thinking imperial guard storm troppers with their special rules. Thats what i get for reading the imperial guard and daemon hunter codex at once lol...

Thanks for your reply Solon,

It took some time to get a decent response from someone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for the Inq as an elites choice:
    I needed an inq lord or an elite inq for my vindicare assassin.
    Are you sure that you have thought this through?
    If this is the main reason for you getting an inqusitor it means that you pay 305points just to get one assasin.

About using stormtroopers as anti-tank units.
    Remember that when playing this big battles the tabletop should be around 10'*6' and that will mean that they will have to cover alot of ground just to get within shooting range with their plasma/melta-guns.

As tank huntes I would recomend that you get 2 or maybe even 3 Dreadnoughts with twinlinked lascanons and the hunter-killer missile upgrade.

Closed Thread