Wat Do I Need? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Wat Do I Need?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo people
    wondering if u can help me wit my army list. Usual plan for me is use the kroot as a lure then take the enemy out 1 by 1.
    Herer it is.

HQ

Ethereal with hard wired drone controller with shield drone. –67pts

Commander Shas’el Motuka with plasma rifle, burst cannon, missile pod, hard-wired drone controller with 2 gun drones. –147pts
    Elites

XV15 Stealth Team. 3 with burst cannons. Shas’ui with marker light. - 140pts

XV8 Crisis battle suit team. Both with multi trackers, missile pods and plasma rifles. 1 with hard wired drone controller with 1 gun drone. –150pts
    Troops

6 fire warriors. 1 with pulse rifles rest with pulse rifles. –60pts

6 fire warriors. Shas’ui with pulse carbine and marker light. –80pts

Kroot carnivore squad. 11 kroots with kroot rifles. –77pts
    Fast Attack

Pathfinder team. Six pathfinders. Three with rail guns and target interfaces. The rest with pulse carbines and marker lights. Al with EMP grenades. Mounted in a Devilfish troop carrier with a burst cannon, decoy launchers and disruption pod. –213pts
    Heavy Support

XV-88 broadside battle suit. With twin linked rail gun and smart missile weapon system, multi tracker and hard-wired drone controller with two gun drones. –105pts

Total 1159pts

Cheers

"The space marines are the super human warriors of mankind. But the Imperial guard are the strongest in courage and faith for what is a man with out faith?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Right, theres a few things I would suggest for you to consider. Im only suggesting, but there a few things I would do to improve this list. Firstly, what is the points total for this list? Im assuming its not 1160, so is it 1200/1500? Gives people and idea of how many points you have to play with.

1/Your HQ. Both your HQs have drones, making them no longer independant characters (and therefore targetable if within 6" of a squad). This is especially bad on the Ethereal, as if I saw him, I would paste him with something like Starcannon/plasma, and then laugh as he died. At the very least hide this guy somewhere far from the action. He could be a massive achilles heel, the price of failure is very annoying. Also, I would take a Shas'o over a Shas'el. The extra wound and BS5 for 25 points is something you will not regret.

2/Lots of Markerlights. Drop em. Markerlights I have discovered are only practical when you either are using seeker missiles (which you arent), or are using Hammerheads (not broadsides which are twin linked anyway, making them likely to hit anyway). Other than that, what will they do in this army? You might as well just take more men.

3/Small firewarrior squads. I think 12 man firewarrior squads are the way to go, 6 man firewarrior squads are too small for holding objectives and taking casualties. Your opponent kills 3, and your making leadership tests on 6.....not good. They are more than likely to run away. 12 Man squads with bonding is much more formidable. Also rolling 24 pulse rifle dice is going to make anyone cringe. Im assuming the 1 with pulse rifle refers to one with pulse carbine?

4/The Kroot are useful, why not stick some Kroot hounds in there? At 6 points each, I find they really stiffen up Kroot carnivore squads. Unlike the Kroot, they go on inititiave 4, before guardsmen and the like, and at the same time as marines. Especially when playing guard and the like, whack in a few Kroot and damage the enemy front rank before he gets to strike.

5/One railgun. This is something I end up saying time and time again. Even in 1000 points, you are probably going to wish you had a lot more than a single railgun. A space marine player who even has a clue what Tau are about is going to take some Rhinos, with extra armour, smoke and the like. With a single railgun, your going to have problems stopping em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah gud ideas and im gona include a hammerehead and a broadside nxt in my army and as 4 the kroot hounds ive got them cheers any more comments plz tell me.
    "The space marines are the super human warriors of mankind. But the Imperial guard are the strongest in courage and faith for what is a man with out faith?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/Your HQ. Both your HQs have drones, making them no longer independant characters (and therefore targetable if within 6" of a squad). This is especially bad on the Ethereal, as if I saw him, I would paste him with something like Starcannon/plasma, and then laugh as he died. At the very least hide this guy somewhere far from the action. He could be a massive achilles heel, the price of failure is very annoying. Also, I would take a Shas'o over a Shas'el. The extra wound and BS5 for 25 points is something you will not regret.

Drones are wargear. They do NOT cause a loss of I.C. status. This has been discussed in the Tau forum on many occasions. Also, as of 4th ed, Characters can be shot at so long as they are the closest target to the firer, whether within 6" of another unit or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Im sorry Durandal, Im new and I havent read these discussions in the Tau forum. However how did you decided that a commander is still an independant character with drones? (lets ignore 4th edition and do 3rd edition one moment). The official GW Tau questions and answers clearly states:

Q. If a Tau commander is accompanied by drones can he be targeted as a seperate unit?
    A. Yes he can, because of this the commander should try and join another unit to avoid being picked on.

So where are you coming from on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, Addoran, I was arguing your side for the longest time. I still half think it's right myself. I got ripped and torn down by so many people, however, that I eventually gave in. At the moment, I'm trying to dig through my previous posts to find where I got shot to pieces on this issue. I'll edit this post when I find what I'm looking for.

Edit:

http://forum.librarium-online.com/in...howtopic=15363

Well,I got bashed a couple times here, despite the fact that I had arguments in my favor and my opponents' arguments were basically "no, you're wrong". There have been at least two other occasions when the topic came up, though I am not finding them too quickly as it was several months ago. I'll keep searching. Reading the codex and FAQ over again, I'm back on your side. IC status ought to be gone if drones are bought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

You were in the right Durandal, lol if the topic wasnt dead Id post there pointing this out.
    I play Tau myself, so I was disappointed when I noticed you lose the IC status, but rules are rules, we cant just change em to suit us. The codex rules are pretty hidden in the small print, so most often people dont bother reading and those that do decide "I dont want this, so Ill ignore it". The Q&A is pretty straightfoward though, you definitely lose your IC character status. I actually think this shouldnt happen, and you should be able to take drones without penalty. However to cut a long story short, it does happen, and you cant.

Closed Thread