1500ptzironwar Army Need Comments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In three days i am gonna play against one of our clubs eldars players, and that noob [hopefully he doesnt know this page]is using a kinda demented army composed of four big flying monstrosities packed up with a seer council, striking scorpions and two other units[not so strong as the two before] and also 3 jetbikes armed with starcannons, while each being a separate unit. The big flying,,tanks,, are armed each with star cannons and some got also D3, S8, AP2 ,,max armor12 against the shot,, gun.[ I Think its a ,,falcon,, or so] and got a two of them.
    Firstly we played two months ago and my 9 oblits were shot to shreds in two turns, so this time i had decided another srategy:

[its an iron warriors army so first goes Heavy suport-the main thing here]

Heavy support:

Havocs marinez*8[112]+tank hunter skill[24]+4autocannons[80] =216

HQ:

Lord[60]+d.speed[15]+f.charge[15]+d.mutation[15]pistol&darksword[26] melta bombs[5] =138

Elitez:
    ,,Gunnery council,,
    Chosen*12[power arm.][204]+tankhunter skill[36]+4h.bolterz[60] =300

troopz:

marinez*6[84]+autocannon[10]+plazma gun[10][got pistolz&clscmbtweapon]
    marinez*6[84]+autocannon[10][got pistolz&clscmbtweapon] =198

TOTAL=1500PTZ

point is to inflict as many glancing hitz as posible cause that damned noob iz flying
    more than 6 to got that glancing bonus. lord iz there primarily for finishing da rest luckies managing to get to me.need sugestions for deployment and tactics or what can be changet. I own everything for IW, basilisk, windicator, 9oblitz, predatorz, dreadnoughts, defilerz,lots of marines. so plz give me some advice for da batle. Uncoutable thanks to all cold killerz who help me ravage those slanesh-cult alliens.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first bit of help is to direct you to the proper forum for army lists.
    -moved-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the second bit of advice is to find the "s" key.

repeat after me: s....s....s....s

good.

now, onto the list.

First, those tanks he has are going to be very hard to kill, assuming he equips them right. Also those jetbike things with starcannons (hereafter referred to as "vipers") have starcannons. Starcannons shoot 3 high str, good ap shots each. Since vehicles dont need to take Ld test to target, and can move and fire, those guys will be able to take down while havoc squads with focused fire.

Second, he has lots of assault elements to drop into you. you have essentially no counter assault (that lord will only be a speed bump with no support). Yes, transports get more vulnerable in this edition and yadda yadda, but your shooting wont really hurt his guys once they are out. Striking scoprs have 3+ save. His seer council will have 4+ rerollable invul. Once one/any of his assault elements reaches you, you will be toast.

That "gunnery council" is a hug waste of points. Tank hunting HBs? Im trembling. His falcons front armor cant even be hurt.

The point it, you will probably be able to down all his transports, but you will be essentially unable to deal with the troops that get out. Also, his heavy weapons can move and fire, and while on vehicles, will be able to protect themselves, atleast for the first turn.

1)you dont need that many autocannons
    2)get atleast a little ap3-2
    3)get some decent counter assault

cut the elites and probably one havoc squad.
    <span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er, i thought that h.bolter strenght5+1for tankhunt+a lucky roll of six=12 so that falcon will get a glancing hit.[they have an armor value of 12,have they...?]
    the council iz a thing that i wanted to try in a big battle. and iff the striking scorpz get 12 shoots from h.bltrz, i hit probabbly9 and wound 8[they got a toughnezz of 3?] he got to make 8 armor saves, so at least 3 would die. adding some bolterz and maybe one autocannon skvad, they should be quite cripled. that also meanz for the council, if they reicive a quite big numberz of hitz they should be of lesser power, and 8-12 marinez in cls combat should do something to a lone seer or two... :glare: I didnt wanted any assault groupzthis time cause they will reduce da armyz shoota efectivnezz? or no? .... more suggest plz anyone....

[btw, s suc......, z rulez &#33;] :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pla can anybody else give more info, i need really badly kick his a.... Common people, i will then write a story how they were obliterated and everybody who helps me will be named in that story as a marine hero.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

falcons are front AV 13.

wave serpents are 12

More people would want to help you if they could understand what the hell you are saying. Did you even pass english class, or do you think that drivel looks cool?
    <span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go look at the faq&#39;s on Iron warriors in the Chaos section. Both of them are very good and an army based around those guides can kill, or so I&#39;ve heared. Just brush up on your range guesing.

p.s. The way you type is VERY annoying... You may want to read "How not to post like a wanker"
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard
    repeatedly. </div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok,thanks. At the time i was writing this two commets i had freshly overburned mind from an ork battle, so some of the words got meaningless [i masacred an tau envoy], my apologizes to all non-barbaric ocupants of the site who didnt understand that. hmm, in the new list the chosen were trown out, and possesed marines took their place. also the lord has been a bit upgraded, troops were a bit reinforced with lascannons and 3 more men.it looks a bit assaultier now, thanks anyway. I will after the battle write a short story with a theme ,, what the hell happened>?,, THX all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice is to cut back on the havocs...

Take lots and lots of marines; trust me, Eldar, even with their I bonus, will be destroyed by your CSM.

Take Obliterators; they are much more versatile than havocs, and every IW army needs at least 3 <in diffrent squads>

Take a &#39;nought, or two; you will need one for a fire magnet, and one for back-up... maybe...

If you feel like changing army, consider TS against Eldar...Starcannons? pah&#33; take out 1 marine tops... Eldar troops? if you lose combat, TS count as 2 models each&#33;

anyway; i feel nine obliterators should put you right; with maybe a pred as backup...

-Karn
    -Karnack

'And Lo! In A Cloud Of Much Prettiness And All That,

Came Karnack! And Let It Be Known That He Said;

[/img]http://www.freewebs.com/duolith/54eg.jpg[img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would use those but in the first battle i got 9 and they were shoot to pieces in second turn[ stupid toughness of 4..... i cant use that he is not changing army at alll..... hmm TS are what, terminators?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast