Alaitoc Ranger Force (work In Progress) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, let me just say this forum is awesome. I have been out of the WH40k loop for awhile but with the realese of 4th Ed I decided to dust off the army and start over. In the past I played Biel-Tan Eldar and I still might go that route but recently Alaitoc Eldar have caught my eye. This is my work in progress army list. I haven't purchased the models yet (I like to do my Roster before models) so any suggestions you offer will probably be listened too. Thanks for your help in advance.

HQ:

Elites:
    9 Striking Scorpions
    1 Striking Scorpion Exarch w/ BIting Blade and Stealth

9 Fire Dragons
    1 Fire Dragons Exarch w/ Firepike, Burning Fist and Tank Hunter

Troops:
    3 Rangers

3 Rangers

4 Path Finders

4 Path Finders

15 Guardian Defender Squad w/ Bright Lance Weapons platform

10 Dire Avengers
    1 Dire Avengers Exarch w/ Power Weapon and Shuriken pistol

Fast Attack:
    1 Vyper w/ Bright Lance, Crystal Targetting Matrix and Vectored Engines

1 Vyper w/ Bright Lance, Crystal Targetting Matrix and Vectored Engines

Heavy Support:
    Wraithlord w/ Starcannon, 2x Flamers

Wraithlord w/ Brightlance, 2x Flamers

3 Dark Reapers
    1 Dark Reaper Exarch w/ Reaper Cannon, Crack Shot and Fast Shot

Right now plan is to use Wraithlords, Weapons platform and Vypers to take out heavy support as fast as I can before the weak vypers get taken down and I tie the Wraithlords up in CC. I'll deploy the Rangers and Pathfinders so they can get the best cover saves possible while still being able to harass the enemy troops. The Scorps will flank from the sides while the Guardians, Dire Avengers, and Dragons make the main push up the middle. Of course the Reapers will also be ablo to lay down long range fire support as well. I would only have to buy a handfull of models to make this army come to life. Am I on the right path? Does this army suck? Thank you for your inputs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Things that should be looked at...

*Pathfinders count as an Elite choice. So you might want to re-think the firedragon thing. :huh:

*The guardian squad might be better off with a Starcannon/scatter laser/shruken cannon sence your opponents will be comming to you, it would be more usefull to have all the guardians and the starcannon take out some troops rather than a tank and waste all your guadians for 1 gun.

*Alaitoc Don't have an Avatar, according to fluff. Yes, he's cool but you can take other things that can make up for him. For instance, a Farseer w/ Guide.

*I don't see Alaitoc taking wraithlords either. They are outcasts from other craftworlds. Wraithlords and Avatars are the least likly to be in an Alaitoc army.

*I don't think you'd need Vectored Engines. The Crystal targeting matrix alows them to snipe. With the new rules you can hover above Terrain (woods etc.) with out taking a dificult terrain test. That alone makes them that much more dangerious.

*In exchange for dark reapers, I'd say take warwalkers or more vypers. A aquad of 3 warwalkers with duel starcannons on each would chew threw marines like acid. Even another Vyper with brightlance and Crystal targeting.

*I knoticed you have the smallest units of rangers and pathfinders posable. Whats the point of playing Alaitoc if your not going to have that many rangers. Never mind the fact they are the 2 you need to take in order to even play Alaitoc. Alaitoc should never have less than 30 ranger/pathfinders. I tent to take 4x units of 5 rangers and 2x units of 5 pathfinders. :blink:

... All and all from what I've gathered, Alaitoc isn't the army this should be catagorized under. Read some of the Alaitoc fluff, and test stuff out with buddys. Mabe another craft worls is better for your taste. You said you played Biel-tan, Alaitoc is a very big jump from them. I'm not trying to bag on your army at all, it just seems you need to do some more reserch ^_^ find out what makes Alaitoc "Alaitoc". Make some Fluff about your army, like why does your specific Alaitoc army have a Avatar and Wraithlords. Mabe they were a forgoten off shoot of another craftworld, that was lost in the Eye of terror and just now got out. :closedeyes:

I wish you luck,

-Jenn ^_^

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning Will Robinson! Warning!
    Be prepared for cries of 'cheese', and 'man, that army sucks' or 'thats not fair'
    LOL
    I started playing around with an Alaitoc force a few months ago, and while I really like it and will continue to use it, your opponents will start making funny noises and comments right after you get thru using the Ranger disruption table. Espically if you get some really good dice rolls.
    Example. After rolling on the disruption table, my opponent only had two viable units left for the first turn move, and I had won the first turn also. All I heard for the rest of the game was "thats cheesy grand-pa!"
    Hey it was the only way I could beat the 12 year old little bugger, ok.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"
    "Sometimes I feel like the winner in the Aztec Lucky Virgin contest"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Well I dunno, it still doesnt look like the run of the mill Alaitoc you encounter, too much non ranger stuff.

The use of 2 wraithlords is bound to encourage cries of Cheese,

But I think it may well be damned effective
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many points is this list? My 1500pt Alaitoc list has 20 Rangers and 5 Path-finders. Where are your badass snipers? I use two Wraithlords also but with 20 Rangers, it's true to it's fluff. And fix that Elites problem too. ^_^
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. The reason behind the Avatar and Wraithlords are simply I have them available to me. My goal is to convert my Biel-Tan over to Alaitoc spending the least amount of money possible. Honestly I'm not a smart person when it comes to strategy and thats why I sucked at Dark Eldar. Alaitoc need a lot of strategy to be an effective army. Until that wonderful, glorious day when I become a strategy expert I'll stick w/ Biel-Tan. Plus I love fielding massive amounts of Aspect Warriors. I'll probably throw a few Rangers into my normal Biel-Tan army just to see if I can get the hang of using them w/o having them be the primary focus of my Army. BTW It seems like Alaitoc is the "hot" craftworld to play now. Is there any reason for that?

Closed Thread