My First 1500 Point Army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is my 1st go at a 1500 point list.
    Just painting the Grey Knights at the moment.
    Any suggestions , I don't want to use any tanks.

Inquisitor Sebastion Von Keith 1500 Pts - Daemonhunters Army

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord (HQ) @ 180 Pts
    Bolt Pistol (x1); Thunder Hammer (x1)
    #Scourging
    Artificer Armour

1 Acolyte
    CCW; Plasma Pistol

1 Sage
    Laspistol & CC Weapon

1 Warrior
    Multimelta Servitor (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Familiar

1 Grey Knight Brother-Captain (HQ) @ 245 Pts
    Nemesis Force Halberd; Storm Bolter
    #Terminator Armour

4 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue @ [184] Pts
    Nemesis & Storm Bolter (x4)

6 Grey Knights (Fast Attack) @ 220 Pts
    Incinerator (x2); Nemesis & Storm Bolter
    1 Grey Knight Justicar
    Nemesis & Storm Bolter

6 Grey Knights (Fast Attack) @ 235 Pts
    Incinerator (x1); Psycannon (x1); Nemesis & Storm Bolter
    1 Grey Knight Justicar
    Nemesis & Storm Bolter

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 120 Pts
    Hellgun (x; Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper
    Hellgun; Frag Grenades

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 115 Pts
    Hellgun (x; Flamer (x1); Frag Grenades
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper
    Hellgun; Frag Grenades

1 Eversor Assassin (Elites) @ 95 Pts
    Eversor Temple; Executioner Pistol; Power Weapon; Meltabombs;
    Neuro-Gauntlet; Combat Drugs

1 Grey Knight Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Missile Launcher; Twin
    Lascannon

1 Grey Knight Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Missile Launcher; Twin
    Lascannon

Models in Army: 47

Total Army Cost: 1490

Edited : please dont post individual points cost or armour values - it breaches GW copyrights, and please post in the correct forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first I would remove all point cost

what's your goal with the inq and henchmen? tool them out for one task. It looks a little to mixed.

Personally I feel the only value in troopers is the 2 special weapons they can take. That is a surprise to the enemy evey time. give one squad 2 plasma, the other two meltas. One for anti-troops that can hurt your termies and one to bust tanks as backup to the dreads. I know you have no points for it, but a chim would be great.

Maybe less assault weapons in your GK fast attacks. I know they rock, but one more GK would be nice too in fast attack squads.

List is better than most for the first list. Especially the 2 dreads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

First off, welcome to the Ordo Malleus and LO! Just so you know, any more army lists posted belong in the Army List forum, not here (don't repost this list, though). And like tkenyon said, remove the points values for everything except squads!

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord (HQ) @ 180 Pts
    Bolt Pistol (x1); Thunder Hammer (x1)
    #Scourging [-]
    Artificer Armour [-]

1 Acolyte @ [-] Pts
    CCW (free); Plasma Pistol

1 Sage @ [-] Pts
    Laspistol & CC Weapon

1 Warrior @ [-] Pts
    Multimelta Servitor (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Familiar @ [- Pts
    -Lord is pretty standard, he works fine. Retinue is not doing anything for you though. 1 Acolyte isn't that useful. And never give an acolyte a plasma weapon, imo, because their whole purpose is being extra wounds - don't let the Inq's extra wounds burn up! The sage is useless - one sage only benefits the Inquisitor himself, who doesn't have any real shooting strength anyways. One warrior is kinda bad as well, especially with a heavy weapon. Your Lord is CC, the warrior is ranged - bad combination. Also, the familiar does absolutely NOTHING for this guy - Initiative bonus doesn't apply to weapons that always strike last. Check my tactica pinned to the top of this board for ways to build your Inquisitor Lord and his retinue.

-Second HQ looks fine.

6 Grey Knights (Fast Attack) @ 220 Pts
    Incinerator (x2); Nemesis & Storm Bolter
    1 Grey Knight Justicar @ [-] Pts
    Nemesis & Storm Bolter

6 Grey Knights (Fast Attack) @ 235 Pts
    Incinerator (x1); Psycannon (x1); Nemesis & Storm Bolter
    1 Grey Knight Justicar @ [-] Pts
    Nemesis & Storm Bolter
    -On the FAGK, never take more than one special weapon. FAGK need to keep their strength bonus to be truley effective, and special weapons take that away. Also, with the new outnumbering rules in assault, your Fearless GK *need* to inflict more wounds than the other guy! Only take one at most (preferably Incinerator because of the cost), and use the extra points to try and add more GK to these units.

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 120 Pts
    Hellgun (x; Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper @ [-] Pts
    Hellgun; Frag Grenades

9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 115 Pts
    Hellgun (x; Flamer (x1); Frag Grenades
    1 Veteran Stormtrooper @ [-] Pts
    Hellgun; Frag Grenades
    I know you don't want tanks, but consider taking transports. IST don't exactly live long when marching under fire. Also, the weapons and Vets are a problem. Always use two special weapons in an IST squad - they're cheap, so use em. The best way is to use 2x of the SAME weapon - mixing doesn't usually give good results. The Vets, they're pointless in your list. The only reason to take them is if you're going to give them crazy wargear or weapons. Drop them, and use the saved points to get 2x special weapons in each unit. Finally, flamers on transport-less IST is a bad call. ANY of the other three weapons availible is better.

Do us all a favor - remove the extraneous information from the Eversore and Dreadnoughts. No need to list the E's equiptment, as it's always the same. And posting Armor Values for vehicles is kinda against the copyright rules.

As for the units themselves, I like them. Glad you're using the Eversore, he's usually overlooked but probably my favorite. The two dreadnoughts are a good call - although they need extra armor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback.

What do you suggest for the Inquisitor's Retinue ?
    I was only going on what models I got on the retinue box , what should I get , more close combat warriors ? What weapons to give them ? Or more Acolytes ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The outfitting of the henchmen is the one thing that is so varied in every army. It really is a great way to customise your force, but for me I just don't see the value unless they're tooled for shooting. S3 CC force isn't great when you have GKs available to do the job.

If you need serious anti-tank then they can help. Or if you need to kill hoards of troops then they can also do that. And they can assault with plenty of plasma (quite nice in 4thE) and a tooled up inquisitor for those week troops.

Personally I would transport them into battle with a bunch of plasma guns for the warriors and a psycannon for the Inq and just rip rapid fire into squads, back of tanks, whatever.

My only other thought is the dreads. Give one a CC arm and not the ML. I know the firepower is great, but the S10 attack has proved more valuable than I thought it would in the past. Since they can shoot and move, they usually are destroyed or wind up in assualt. And because you always face their front AP, it's a tough nut to crack and fun.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the familiar does absolutely NOTHING for this guy - Initiative bonus doesn't apply to weapons that always strike last
    Well a powerfist doesnt go LASt anymore. it is worded that it works at Ini 1. It doesnt recive bonuses for cover, or gernades but im not sure how that works for fimilars. Im sorry im not a DH player, but i thought imight add this in just so u guys are sure.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the familiar gives an init bonus to the Inquisior which doesnt mean anything when his weapon strikes at I1. The familiar doesnt let him hit at one higher init, it simply gives him one higher in his profile.

Also, with an IQ lord like that, you&#39;ll want to give him a transport if he is CC oriented, cuz otherwise he&#39;ll just get shot to pieces as he moves 6" closer every turn.
    <span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

Closed Thread