Deamonhunter 2k Radikal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm old to 40K but new to DH, so let me know what you think of this.
    It's going up against Eldar/Chaos/SM/Necros/Dark Eldar...

HQ

Inq Lord with MC psycannon/hellpistol - Icon of the just,targeter,
    tarot cards and Hammerhand

2 Acolytes (to soak up hits)
    3 Mystics (to soak up hits)
    1 Sage (to soak up hits)
    3 Familiars (to soak up hits)
    3 Warriors with H-Bolters (cheap ;/)

Troops

3 x 9 ISTs and a vet with combi-melta, 2 meltaguns,
    riding a chim with lazer and H.bolter

2 x 4 marines and a vet, 1 lascannon and 1 plasma

1 x 4 SM scouts and a vet, 4 sniper rifles (for pining)

Fast

3 Land-speeders with meltas

Elites

Calidus Assassin

3 Death Cult Assassins

3 Deamonhosts

------

what ya think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i would drop so many upgrades for ur HQ, bc me myself i don't like to make my HQ's alot of points. And i dunno how well the landspeeders w/ multi-meltas would work, bc mine always die :glare:. But other wise it isnt too bad...
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick, put in two sages before megalomaniac sees that you haven&#39;t read his DH tactica (psst if you havent run, dont walk over to the DH board and read the pinned topic.)

Ok, let me try to run through this piece by piece:

Elites: I like your setup, good use of the Radicals.

HQ: Forget mastercrafting the psycannon, drop your targeter (its superfluous), and hammerhand really isnt useful, pick up sanctuary or holocaust.
    Retinue: I&#39;d prefer 1 mystic, 2 sages, your 3 warrior servitors are good, if you can field a plasma cannon plus the two bolters, that&#39;d be better. The acolytes are good, but you can probably do without the Familiars.

Troops: I personally think you went overboard with the IST&#39;s. You need at least two, but the third might be one too many. Also, Rhinos might be a better choice for them, but if you have the chimera&#39;s already go with it, why pay more.
    I like the tac squads mega dibs on that setup, though you might want to up the size of the squad to six if possible.

Fast: Ok, there isnt a tank alive on the board after you are done with it, but I&#39;m not sure if the melta&#39;s are a bit overboard, maybe drop the speeders and use the points elsewhere?

Anyways, Mega can point out more with better advice, but what I want to know is did you previously play a space marine army? I see you have a lot of space marine models in the list, if you have more from a previous army, I think you would be better served reworking the radical list as a supplement to one of your armies, you&#39;ll get to learn the pieces better while at the same time working with a lot more things that are familiar to you. Probably keeping the Inquisitor Lord plus three Daemonhosts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Haha, thanks for the introduction Maus154 ^_^

sgel, this list is pretty good for a newbie (to DH at least). In fact, aside from a few minor things, it&#39;s fine.

Inq Lord with MC psycannon/hellpistol - Icon of the just,targeter,
    tarot cards and Hammerhand
    Drop the MC (2+ sages allows for rerolls already, and you can&#39;t do multiple rerolls), the hellpistol (1 wasted point - you get no bonuses, and he&#39;ll never use the pistol over the psycannon), the targeter (the warrior henchmen have them already), and Hammerhand (s6, NON power weapon. Nope.). Tarot, I&#39;d drop, but that&#39;s a personal preference. If you want him to have some kind of CC presence, give him a power weapon instead of Hammerhand. It&#39;s cheaper, and will probably do more damage (unless you play armies with lots of 5+ or 6+ saves). Hammerhand on a S3 model is pretty bad at popping armor as well - if that&#39;s why it was there, give him meltabombs along with that power weapon. Toss Auspex onto him as well - the combination of auspex and a mystic is brutal on sneaky armies.

2 Acolytes (to soak up hits)
    3 Mystics (to soak up hits)
    1 Sage (to soak up hits)
    3 Familiars (to soak up hits)
    3 Warriors with H-Bolters (cheap ;/)
    Make at least one (preferably two) of the Mystics into Sages. The 2+ Sage reroll benefits the entire unit, making it more useful than just MC&#39;ing the Lord&#39;s gun. And having 3 of them gives you room to breath vs enemy fire. Familiars and Acolytes are fine (although, give the acolytes bolters for 1pt and they can do a little to help out). 3 HB warriors is good too - using a PC servitor instead of one of them is always an option, like Maus pointed out (and with 2+ sages, safer too), but this IS cheaper.

3 x 9 ISTs and a vet with combi-melta, 2 meltaguns,
    riding a chim with lazer and H.bolter

2 x 4 marines and a vet, 1 lascannon and 1 plasma

1 x 4 SM scouts and a vet, 4 sniper rifles (for pining)
    Golden. If you were playing armies like IG or Nids, get a HB or ML in here too, but against the foes you listed, just golden.

3 Death Cult Assassins
    March one of these girls behind each Chimera to get them stuck in without worrying about all that enemy fire.

Looks good, let us know how it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the replies...

Indeed inquisitor HQ choses did have me a bit confused (as it showed)... I just used as many models as I could to avoid hits going into the Inq and the HB servitors... adding a Plasma Cannon would be nice.. I&#39;ll look into it
    2 Mystics-> Sages deffo&#33; (thx megalo)
    Hammerhand... I was thinking he had 4S when I added it.. thx for pointing it out.

As for marching a bad-girl behind each of the chimeras... great idea&#33; I&#39;ll try it.
    Added CC support for the IST armies too.

Was planing on putting this army to the test this morning but opponent had to cancel :/

Ah well... next time.
    thx again

sgel

Closed Thread