1500 Pts Radical Pure Dh Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitor Lord
    Artificer Armour, Icon of the Just, Mastercrafted Lightning Claws

3 Combat Servitors
    powerfists, ccw

1 Servo-skull

3 Interrogators
    Artificer Armour

Land Raider

530 pts

3 Daemonhosts
    255 pts

Callidus Temple Assassin
    OR
    3 Death Cult Assassins
    120 pts

Inquisitor
    Mastercrafted Psycannon, Artificer Armour, Word of the Emperor

3 Gunservitors
    Heavy Bolters

1 Lexmechanic

2 Explicators
    Artificer Armour

221 pts

9 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    2x Flamers
    1 Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Veteran
    Boltpistol, Powerweapon
    Chimera
    Turretmounted Heavy Bolter, Hullmounted Heavy Bolter
    221 pts

4 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    2 Meltaguns
    1 Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Veteran
    Bolter-Meltagun
    95 pts

5 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    2xPlasmaguns

TOTAL COST: 1502 pts

I have NO idea what im doing here... this is my first radical list, and i decided to try it without using allied Space Marines.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You have the right idea for a Radical list w/o any allies, but fail at the execution a bit.

HQ:
    Lord, obviously. Spare no expense on this guy's gear and weapons, as he'll probably kill more models than most of the rest of your army. MC'd claw pair, Scourging or Holocaust, Artificer and Icon, Grenades. For a retinue, 2-3 Combat Servitors (toss in a Vet with Flamer if you want, I like them myself), 3 Acolytes (I prefer to load them with power weapons instead of armor), & 1 Familiar. As for a transport, don't use a LR, it's too expensive for this kind of army. I'd go with the Chimera, as this unit is going to be driving straight into the fight most of the time.

Elites:
    Two basic things here.
    1) Shooty Inq, which you have. But you worry too much about protecting the squad and not enough about boosting their effectiveness. Inq with psycannon and auspex is enough - if you really worry, toss a refractor field on him. 3 Gun Servitors of your choice. 2-3 sages (mastercrafting the psycannon only gives the reroll to him. 2+ sages gives it to the whole unit. don't use both, you can't multi-reroll.). 1 Mystic. If you REALLY worry about dying, take acolytes, but don't give them armor! Instead, give them guns - combi- or plasma pistols work nicely.
    2) Only one other choice! This kind of list needs plenty of troops, so stop spending points on the shiny stuff! I'd use 3 DCA myself, but if you really want a radical list, take the 3 Daemonhosts.

Troops:
    This is the core of this army! At LEAST three units of IST, maxed out (seriously, 4-6 man IST units don't work) and in transports. Never mix weapons, and always take at least one squad of plasma and one of meltaguns. Vet's are optional - they suck points, so only take them if you're willing to REALLY load them up. As for transports, that's up to you. The points saved from taking 3 Rhinos over 3 Chimeras would buy you another whole IST unit, but Chimeras give this list the firepower it NEEDS. I'd also suggest using multilaser turrets - you need more high S weaponry.

Fast Attack & Heavy aren't exactly options here, unless you want an orbital Strike.

Wow, I realise I just tore this list up. Kinda. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC+Sep 17 2004, 07:18--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mEGALOMANIAC &#064; Sep 17 2004, 07:1</div><div class='quotemain'>You have the right idea for a Radical list w/o any allies, but fail at the execution a bit.[/b]

Heh, apparantly I didnt =P

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Sep 17 2004, 07:18
    HQ:
    Lord, obviously. Spare no expense on this guy&#39;s gear and weapons, as he&#39;ll probably kill more models than most of the rest of your army. MC&#39;d claw pair, Scourging or Holocaust, Artificer and Icon, Grenades. For a retinue, 2-3 Combat Servitors (toss in a Vet with Flamer if you want, I like them myself), 3 Acolytes (I prefer to load them with power weapons instead of armor), & 1 Familiar. As for a transport, don&#39;t use a LR, it&#39;s too expensive for this kind of army. I&#39;d go with the Chimera, as this unit is going to be driving straight into the fight most of the time.
    Problem with the Chimera is the unloading point, but abit protection from shooting that unloading turn might be good. But yes, saves pts like a *****. But I did like the Lascannons on the LR for antiveichle.

Elites:
    Two basic things here.
    1) Shooty Inq, which you have. But you worry too much about protecting the squad and not enough about boosting their effectiveness. Inq with psycannon and auspex is enough - if you really worry, toss a refractor field on him. 3 Gun Servitors of your choice. 2-3 sages (mastercrafting the psycannon only gives the reroll to him. 2+ sages gives it to the whole unit. don&#39;t use both, you can&#39;t multi-reroll.). 1 Mystic. If you REALLY worry about dying, take acolytes, but don&#39;t give them armor&#33; Instead, give them guns - combi- or plasma pistols work nicely.
    2) Only one other choice&#33; This kind of list needs plenty of troops, so stop spending points on the shiny stuff&#33; I&#39;d use 3 DCA myself, but if you really want a radical list, take the 3 Daemonhosts.
    Why NOT take Daemonhosts and fancy stuff like DCA? I mean, they can just ignore the (extremely expensive) Stormtroopers and fire at the fleshy targets anyways, so why not spend good points on shiny things?

Troops:
    This is the core of this army&#33; At LEAST three units of IST, maxed out (seriously, 4-6 man IST units don&#39;t work) and in transports. Never mix weapons, and always take at least one squad of plasma and one of meltaguns. Vet&#39;s are optional - they suck points, so only take them if you&#39;re willing to REALLY load them up. As for transports, that&#39;s up to you. The points saved from taking 3 Rhinos over 3 Chimeras would buy you another whole IST unit, but Chimeras give this list the firepower it NEEDS. I&#39;d also suggest using multilaser turrets - you need more high S weaponry.
    I still feel that IST are too expensive for their own good, but yes, some flesh to the list is needed, I see that. My problem here is model count, really. But yes, 30 Stormtroopers and Chimeras would be grand.

Fast Attack & Heavy aren&#39;t exactly options here, unless you want an orbital Strike.
    Id prefer ditching the orbital strikes, really...

<!--QuoteBegin-mEGALOMANIAC
    @Sep 17 2004, 07:18
    Wow, I realise I just tore this list up. Kinda. Sorry.[/quote]

Thats ok, thats the reason I post =P . Now go tear up my other lists (again) =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Why NOT take Daemonhosts and fancy stuff like DCA? I mean, they can just ignore the (extremely expensive) Stormtroopers and fire at the fleshy targets anyways, so why not spend good points on shiny things?
    The way I see it, you can spend 100-150 on a single model, or you can spend it on a unit of IST in a transport with special weapons. And which will be harder to take out for the foe? Exactly. If you take at least three tooled up IST units, then yea, feel free to spend any extra points. I&#39;m just saying that on this list you posted, it looked like you paid more attention to the shiny Elites than to the Troops.

Closed Thread