Not open for further replies.

Daemonhunter 1850

575 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Grand Master Shade 
#1 ·
Daemonhunters 1850

HQ

(5) Grand Master
Icon of the Just, NFW
Retinue: 4 GK Termies (4 NFW/1 Thunder Hammer and Storm Sheild, can I use a regular SM terminator to represent this model?)

ELITES

(7) Inquisitor and Retinue
Auspex, Psycannon, Artificer Armour, Icon of the Just
Retinue: 3 Warriors (1 Plasma Cannon, 2 Multi Melta), 2 acolytes (artficer armour), 1 Sage

TROOPS

(5) 4 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar, Melta Bombs

(5) 4 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar, Melta Bombs

(5) 4 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar

(5) 4 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar

(10) 1 Armoured Fist Sqaud (9 troops with 1 lascannon, 1 seargent, 1 chimera)

(10) 1 Armoured Fist Sqaud (9 troops with 1 lascannon, 1 seargent, 1 chimera)

Both Chimera's are armed with Hunter Killer Missiles

HEAVY SUPPORT

(1) Leman Russ Battle Tank (battle cannon, Hull lascannon)

(1) Leman Russ Battle Tank (battle cannon, Hull lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsor)

What do you think?
Suggestions are welcome.
Sorry about the double topic. :blush:

See less See more
#2 ·
Very illegal is what I think. Go back and read the rules on inducting IG again. Russes are 0-1, and you need 2+ IG troops choices before you can induct one.

As for the rest of it...

(6) Grand Master
Thunder Hammer, Icon of the Just, NFW
Retinue: 5 GK Termies
You gave your expensive CC model a SECOND expensive CC weapon? No deal. Give the thunder hammer to one of your bodyguards, where it's free.

(7) Inquisitor and Retinue
Targeter, Auspex, Psycannon, Artificer Armour, Icon of the Just, Plasma Pistol
Retinue: 3 Warriors (2 Plasma Cannons, 1 Multi Melta), 2 acolytes (artficer armour), 1 Sage
This is a shooty unit, you don't need to give it artificer armor or the Inq's Icon. Plus, using mixed save rules, you wouldn't even be able to use that 2+ save until you'd already taken some casualties. I'd drop all the protection in this unit - MAYBE keep Icon on the Inq, but no armor on him or the acolytes. Second, plasma cannons are 0-1 per retinue, so that doesn't work. Targeters come free with all warriors, so drop it off the Inq. And for the love of god, why did you give him a psycannon AND a plasma pistol? Drop the pistol now. For a unit that includes plasma cannons, always have TWO sages.

Ok, so there's more than one rule break here. Like I said above, reread your codex a little better, please. And don't give me any "(Insert army program here) said I could do it!" bull either, use your books.

#3 ·
There I fixed it.
The armour on my Inquisitor and Retinue Sqaud is against my frinds because they have many weapons that can take out 4 plus saves and I dont want them to die easily, and why do I need 2 Sages?

Does anyone know if you can have an IG troop sqaud where you only need 9 troops and a seargent?

Is this better?

Please post suggestions.

#4 ·
There I fixed it.
You still have more Leman Russes than allowed.

The armour on my Inquisitor and Retinue Sqaud is against my frinds because they have many weapons that can take out 4 plus saves and I dont want them to die easily, and why do I need 2 Sages?
Read the entry on sages. It's fairly obvious how two sages and plasma cannon's go arm in arm. Even if you didn't have the plasma, two sages still help out shooty retinues like this one.

Does anyone know if you can have an IG troop sqaud where you only need 9 troops and a seargent?
No they don't, and even if they did, you aren't allowed to induct it as per the DH codex.

can I use a regular SM terminator to represent this model?)
Nothing *wrong* with it, but it'll look like crap mixed into a GK Termie squad. if you're conversion-shy, use Coteaz's hammer or a regular hammer on a GK Termie's body. If not, then just chop off any hammer you like and put it on a GKT's shoulder.

#5 ·
Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Sep 21 2004, 19:06
You still have more Leman Russes than allowed.
[snapback]217037[/snapback]​
Actually I dont think I only have to have one because it says in the codex units marked with the crosses you can use only if you have at least 2 IG troop sqauds, It does not say per unit with the crosses there must be 2 IG troop choices. Also it does not say anything about only having one Heavy Support/Leman Russ under the title "Inducted Gaurd", or the title "Using Inducted Gaurd or Alied SM as allies".

If I am wrong could you please prove it and tell me where it says I cant.

Suggestions are welcome.

#9 ·
What do you think would be better for more anti Tank weapons:

3 Sentinals (3 Lascannons)

GK Dreadnaught (Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Hunter Hiller Missile, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers)

They both are like 2 points away from each other and they both have almost the good weapons, but probaly the Sentinals would be better anti-tank but they die easier and money also comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.