Space Marines-assulting Genestealers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you ever assault Genestealers with Space Marines?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never!

2 10.00%
  • If I was asleep...

1 5.00%
  • If it was desperate...

5 25.00%
  • Maybe other Tyranids... But not Genestealers!

1 5.00%
  • Possibly...

2 10.00%
  • Dunno

1 5.00%
  • Probably

1 5.00%
  • Why not?

3 15.00%
  • Course!

1 5.00%
  • Good Idea! (goes to his game and assaults the enemy genestealers)

3 15.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play space marines and my brother does Tyranids. I want to know what I should use to beat him. (I can't afford to buy anything) My armoury consists of:

27 boltguns
    11 assault marines
    3-4 flamers
    3-5 melta guns
    8 missile launchers
    5 bikes (one with a chaplain), all have bolt pistols except chaplain who has normal stuff
    1 "Marine Captain" with boltgun
    1 Land speeder
    1 Dreadnought with Close Combat Weapon and the Autocannon/Assault cannon (can't remember which, it's heavy 3), and smoke launchers
    2 Rhinos with storm bolter (not pintle-mounted) and smoke launchers
    1 Predator with Lascannon and Heavy Bolters

All in all, 61 models. What should I do with my army, and which tactics should I employ?

WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

Hoping to win my first game!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

first you should let us know what your brother usually fields

seconds, nids are masters in cc, get them where it hurts, shoot them dead
    go first for any warriors, hive tyrant as they are synapse creatures or any form of fast nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

No, sorry. We're not here to make a list for you. Look around this very forum and see other people's 'Nilla lists and build your own based off that. We critique and help with lists, not build them for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Sep 22 2004, 16:31
    No, sorry. We're not here to make a list for you. Look around this very forum and see other people's 'Nilla lists and build your own based off that. We critique and help with lists, not build them for you.
    [snapback]217298[/snapback]
    Sorry! But I'm sure you know how it feels when you've just started, and whenever you play you're always completely annhilated. It is so fustrating! But if you insist, I shall work it out for myself. Thank you.
    WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, as a Black Templars, so ill assault his genestealers, but for you i can suggest some other things:
    1. use the bikes. TL bolters would really damage stealers, and their mobility will let them keep out of the enemys reach.
    2. use the pread. his armor will make things tough for them to hit, and the heavy bolters will do lots of damage.
    3. use M. launchers. the most verstile weapon a marine can handle, it will destroy both big and lots of small ones. very good.
    4. use the speeder. again, as with the bikes, its mobility will let you go around and heavy bolter things, and then get away.
    5. get as much bolters in your army. you should really include lots of these, because the 4th ed. will let them rapid fire with the stelears into oblivion.
    6. the dread is your choice. you can use him if you really want to use the assault cannon, but he wont last in CC against stealers, as their high WS and rending claws will chew him up.
    those tips are best used against stealer based armys. if he has other things that annoy you, tell me and ill try to suggest somthing.

P.S.
    megalomaniac, dont be so rude. if you dont want to help him, dont, but you shouldnt be so harsh with the man...
    Right Hand of the Emperor!

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order of the Black Rose</span>
    </span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Sorry&#33; But I&#39;m sure you know how it feels when you&#39;ve just started, and whenever you play you&#39;re always completely annhilated. It is so fustrating&#33; But if you insist, I shall work it out for myself. Thank you.
    Not trying to be a *****, sorry if that&#39;s how I came across. I DO know what it&#39;s like, but you don&#39;t just give a list of models you own and expect someone to make you a list. How about giving us that list that continually gets slaughtered, and letting us help you fix that problem? Now *that&#39;s* the point of this forum&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, as a Black Templars, so ill assault his genestealers, but for you i can suggest some other things:
    I&#39;ve never played against Black Tempar with my nids, but I don&#39;t think that it&#39;s smart to assault genestealers&#33;
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Nid player I seriously wouldn`t recommend assaulting stealers with a marine, unless CC with them is inevitable. But then I charged a squad of Khorne Beserkers with Eldar guardians before, if you have nowhere to run at least you get then +1 charging bonus and not them

I vote Only if I was desperate :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mega is right. We only learn from our mistakes. Although I was thrashed in my first "real" battle (in a tourney). After a few beatings I learnt enough so I hardly loose any-more.

There is always something good from losing as it makes you think about how you played and where you went wrong. However if you win usually most people think they did nothing wrong and so don&#39;t learn anything.
    How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy&#39;s
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

&quot;Quantity has a Quality of it&#39;s own&quot;

-Josef Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Red Man@Sep 23 2004, 01:56
    I think Mega is right. We only learn from our mistakes. Although I was thrashed in my first "real" battle (in a tourney). After a few beatings I learnt enough so I hardly loose any-more.

There is always something good from losing as it makes you think about how you played and where you went wrong. However if you win usually most people think they did nothing wrong and so don&#39;t learn anything.
    [snapback]217687[/snapback]
    I think people, in my position woud buy more lascannons, et c. However, I don&#39;t have that kind of money. I can&#39;t simply go to GW and buy a load more models. So I need to rearrange the forces I have into a better formation.
    WDL
    Custodes Imperio 0/3/0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast