Guard or DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guard or DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guard or DE

Hey I play speedy orks and world eaters chaos already and I was
    Wondering if I should do guard the new dark eldar. I don't know about them so I'm asking you guys what will give me something I'm not
    Used to e.I. Rush assault.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Don't jump on the band wagon! Don't go with the cromo effect! Don't become part of the herd instinct.

I guess when it gets down to it, I'm saying play Imperial Guard.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

DE is a rush assault army, so if you're trying to avoid that play guard. However I also have to encourage people to play xeno armies so GW updates them instead of making infinity imperial armies. IG are probably the most competitive army out there right now, with their easy access to scoring units, meltas, and tanks (not to mention scoring units with meltas in tanks). As someone who normally plays Craftworld Eldar who started an IG army, I feel like IG is easy mode.
    The enemy's gate is down

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Should also be noted that IG is the most expensive army to play at the moment. Go figure. Personally, I would pick neither because one's going to be the hardcore flavor of the month and the other's basically cheating. As Der_Kaiser said, DE are all about speed and are arguably the fastest codex in the game, and if you want to avoid that, avoid DE. Tau are pretty much the polar opposite of rush assault, or 'crons, but neither are very good at the moment, though Tau are better then 'crons.

If it were a choice between the two though, Gaurd is what you're looking for, but expect to be called cheap and unfriendly. I know several people who out right refuse to fight guard. =/
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

I am not sure that the IG more expensive than a DE with his 6 raider 3 Ravager setup (£200 only on transports/tanks)
    Basically trukk rush or raider rush... although DE is a bit more than raider rush, but I would check out the DE forum if I were You, and just wait a few months how the new `dex working

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

It seems that everyone and their brother are playing either the Guard or some of the many Space Marine spin offs. If you want to be different, choose Dark Eldar, they will probably be fun and different to play. If you want to blend into the crowd or want a good chance at winning all the time (ho-hum), pick the Guard, they are on top of the heap as far as extreme build options are concerned. It depends on your "Fun Factor".

+ Reply to Thread