Beyond the Game (Halloween!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

Beyond the Game (Halloween!)

Hello everyone!

I come in good spirits of our annual celebration here in the USA of dressing in ridiculous costumes/regalia and tromping like roving bands of homeless people or gypsies attempting to extort complete strangers out of their delicious candies by threatening them with our smelly and prethoroughly disgusting feet!

While we all tend to talk (or quietly lurk from the shadows... Like me!) primarily about game mechanics, tacticas, fluff, and those fun conversions and paint schemes we come up with, we sometimes forget about going just a little beyond the game, the models, and fluff. I just recently thought of how much humor now a days between my friends and I center on or reference the 40k universe, for instance I joking pray to the machine god for the red light to change green before I having to come to a complete stop. Recently I walked into K-mart who's holiday theme section, was nearly depleted. I thought to myself how legit it is to make your own costume. I suddenly realized I wanted to do a 40k costume, this year! Finally I just realized a 40k costume design that is practical, though sadly I wish I could match the grace and form of the intended mythical creature I intend to portray (mythical to us common folk of the imperium mind you ). I've decided to be a Harlequin for halloween! Now I'm going to apply some of that skill of conversions and painting (atleast color scheme) to costume design.

I hope many of you have considered what you would be for a 40k Halloween.
    Even if you do not decide to go as a 40k character of sorts, please have fun and post what you would like to go as. What kind of material would go into creating simple costume designs to get the point across? Or maybe you have some radical over the top ideas that would be amazing to see!
    If you have already done this before it would be great to hear those experiences!

2. Remove Advertisements

Adelaide, Australia
    14 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Ha, best of luck in this endeavour! I would love to see pictures if you get this done!

Though I probably wouldn't ever do it, dressing up as a Night Lord Marine would totally fit the spooky side of Halloween.

Can you imagine a Khorne Bezerker showing up on your front door? "BLOOD FOR THE HALLOWEEN GOD!" That would be interesting.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
    10 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

I know some really ugly women who could pass as Pink Horrors or Daemonettes! lol I'd love to go as the Nighbringer from the Necrons, but people may only think it was the grim reaper.

+ Reply to Thread