A second 40K army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A second 40K army

Hi all,

I know this get posted alot and have read through the threads but want some more advice really.

Currently play: Raven Guard Space Marines (Shrike+Fleet, Foot slogging).

Want an army of the same vein but just a bit more challenging to play, i like the alpha strike concept and getting up in the enemies face turn 1.

Was thinking of the new Dark Eldar, as everything can basically go in a raider and the models look really good BUT having looked at the codex all the IC/SC have Toughness 3, which means an Imperial Guard sargant with a PF could overkill them...

I want close combat with the mobility....is there any army (besides Blood Angels, as i dont want a second marine army) that can do a better job?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your looking for a fast army that can CC well.

If you want a challenge you could take up Daemonhunters but i would wait till new codex comes out.

Another challening army is deathwing terminator its basically an all land raider/ terminator army.

Space wolves, black templars and dark angels.

The last but not least tyrainds.
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a Kroot heavy Tau army, or Daemons??? Even a Marine army with scouts as your maun troop choice?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Honestly, DE sound like they're exactly what you want to play. T3 isn't that bad to be honest, especially because usually with T3 comes higher models counts, which means that Pfist has a lot more to go through. Remember, an IG PFist is S6, which wounds marines on a 2 as well and still kills them. When you think about it, Low Save/Armor models rapidly decrease the value of things like powerfists because they probably would've died anyway. With DE though, they have high I which means when you assault those IG, you'll probably not have to worry about taking many hits back anyway
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Run a DE list. Go with Baron Sathonix and Lotsa Hellions. Also wyches.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Are you looking to get away from the whole Space Marine type army? If so, the Dark Eldar sound like they have been retooled nicely. I play CSM, Daemons and Necrons, so I can only speak for them. The Daemons are not straight forward to play and need a bit more strategy to play I find. But they are cool looking models and are relatively fun to play. Plus they are polar opposite to the typical Space Marineish armies and are a breath of fresh air to play. Necrons are a bit broken by age right now. I have no doubt that they will be a good option after the next codex release. I'd wait till then. Chaos Space Marines are a bit like vanilla Space Marines but with different build options, a few different unit choices, a few more Psykers and the ability to summon Daemons. I really like them in they are competitive every time out. Although some people hate summoning Daemons, the few times I've tried it have worked out well for me. I've never regretted taking CSM as a third army choice; I should have picked them months ago.

+ Reply to Thread