1500 Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1500 Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have designed this list for mostly combating spacem marines and tau any tips?

HQ
    Farseer w Guide, spirit stones, forune,Ghosthelm, witch blade and S. Pistol (77)

Elite

7 ranger (133 points)

Troop

10 striking scorpions (247 points)
    exarch w/ scorpions claw
    haywire grendaes
    stealth and crushing blow

6 howling banshes (133 points)
    w/ exarch and power blades and war shout

9 howling banshees (309 points)
    w/ exarch and power blades and and war shout
    wave serpent( w/ Scatter Laser and star engiens)

5 Dark Reapers (233points)
    exarch w/fastshot and missle launcher

Heavy Suppport

wraithlord w/ bright lance(120 points)

Falcon
    w/ starcannon and holo field and spirit stones (185 points)

total 1498 pointts

The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare oppose our will

Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to there level and beat you with experiance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

In regards to Warshout, you should scrap it, most troops have Ld 8 which means it will work 50% of the time, use the ponits you've freed up to exchange to 6 woman banshee squad for a 6 man Fire Dragon Squad.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with nebulas. also here are some of my ow opinion and suggestions.

HQ
    Farseer w Guide, spirit stones, forune,Ghosthelm, witch blade and S. Pistol (77)
    i would drop the guide and spirit stones. who is he going to guide? with the ghosdthelm and witchblade he should be on the front. i say drop those two and 1 banshee from the squad in the serpent and have the farseer join them. have the banshees deploy behind the serpent (not in) and the farseer right next to them. when its your turn, have him join, cast fortune, get in, fly 24" and star engines if nec. wheather a turn of shooting, with eh ALL pen hits count as glancing. the fortune allows u to not take as many casualites if yu happen to get blown up. then next turn yull be abel to disembark and assult.

Elite

7 ranger (133 points)
    split this into a squad of 3 and a squad of 4. this allows 2 possible pin checks instead of on. and i dont think they will shoot at the rangers, and not your scorps (who are already on them) or the serpent.

exarch w/ scorpions claw
    haywire grendaes
    very solid. nice choice.

6 howling banshes (133 points)
    w/ exarch and power blades and war shout
    as stated before, drop in favor of fire dragons in the falcon for some much needed anti tank/anti hightoughness/armor.

i think that the execution would be better. his str 3 is a little hindering. the str 5 is a little extra punch. ad war shout is not really effective. i dont find acrobatic that much better but war shout def is not worth it.

Very nice firebase. one fo my favorite units and immensly great when fighting marines.

always a favorite as well.

Falcon
    w/ starcannon and holo field and spirit stones (185 points)
    if u ahve the points from the above tweaking, try to upgrade the cats to a cannon, seeing as u can move 12 and fire the pulse laser (one main) and all def wepaons str 6 and under (cannon AND star cannon)
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In light of your commnts i have edited my list to

HQ
    Farseer w forune, gosthelm , witch blade and S. Pistol (80)

Elite

4 ranger (76 points)
    3 ranger (57points)

Troop

exarch w/ scorpions claw
    haywire grendaes

6 fire dragons(156 points)
    w/ exarch and fire pike burning fist and tank hunter.

Heavy Suppport

Falcon
    w/ starcannon and holo field and spirit stones and shrukin cannon (205points)

total 1483 pointts

what do you think?

p.s fire dragons in flacon
    The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare oppose our will

Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to there level and beat you with experiance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK here is your first problem, you are trying to create an army to face marines and Tau. These are two different armies and wha will work against one will not work against another.

Against marines, depending on how seriously nasty you want to get, just take banshees and reapers, plus the odd star cannon and bright lance

Against tau, su h an army would get splatted before you got to achieve much,

So is there any possibility of creating 2 lists?

Otherwise, Salamander has given you quite a good response, as he usually does

use your farseer to support the banshees. But against Tau I would be tempted by mind war to take out suits

your rangers are much better split like that, but again you will get outshot by tau

The scorpions I would take vs Tau, but not Vs Marines

The dragons are all well and good but I wouldnt bother against either army unles the marines were assult based (Blood angels, Templars, space wolves or white scars)

The Banshees I would take against marines, although give the serpent spirit stones before you give it star engines. But aginst Tau I would take more scropions

Reapers are superb against Marines but you will get outshot against Tau

Wraithlord fine

The Falcon is spot on blinding, though another alternative, particularly against Tau would be replace the holofield and spirit stones with a CTM
    I would not use the Falcon to transport the dragons, whilst this does give you a chance of getting the Dragons in, more than likely it will get a kicking plus if it zooming 24 inches it isnt shooting, I would much rather use the falcon as a tank rather than an APC
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright i undertsand the problem with playing two diffrent arimes so lets just concentrate on a all around army good for gaming against all opponents

i am looking at wether i should play

6 howling banshes w/ exarch and exacutioner and war shout
    or
    6 fire dragons w/ exarch and fire pike burning fist and tank hunter

in my falcon? ideas what should i play
    by the way banshees free up another 23 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Gah, OK Banshees are almost a must in most eldar armies that are ever gonna face chaos, marines or necrons, but Ideally there should be a unit of 10 plus an exarch with an excutioner.

I would take them in preference to the fire dragons, who have a real pro lem with range. The standard approach to fire dragons is to mount them and zoom them up, they are still quite ineffective, sure you will kill a marine for every 2 dragons you got, but the next turn you will get charged and wasted. So out the 2 the banshees

BUT - dont use the falcon as a transport, this is a common mistake, there are occasions when I would do it but they are few and far between, a falcon is a nasty tank, use it as such, zooming up the field with an expensive cargo of aspect warriors has the following down sides:

1. the aspect squad is low on numbers
    2. the tank is rushing to deliver its cargo, probably means it will not get to shoot
    3. as a target it is just sooooo tempting

I would rather take a wave serpent and 10 banshees and ditch the falcon any day of the week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheredanine@Sep 28 2004, 03:32
    Gah, OK Banshees are almost a must in most eldar armies that are ever gonna face chaos, marines or necrons, but Ideally there should be a unit of 10 plus an exarch with an excutioner.

[snapback]220075[/snapback]
    i would like to poont out in the army list there is already a 10 man squad of banshees in a serpent so talking that into mind asny changes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Feel free to point it out, but I shall continue to ignore it&#33;

no seriously, in a power game based Beil tann army I would expect all 6 troop slots to be filled with banshees and reapers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um ya, against tau, i would consider hawks and an exarch, sustained assault will just crush um, i closecomabated 36 tau fireworiers in 2 turns and killed all of um with 5 hawks, 1 exarch and 7 spiders and 1 exarch.
    remember, tau can shoot good how ever, if u have spead and play the turain right, there grabage
    also always move your waveserpent 24 inches, as soon as the banchies get in to cc, its over.

against space meriens use nothing but reapers. If they get close then shoot them even more

fire dragons are fine as well but you might consider wraithgaurd in a waverserpent

you shouldnt go sepending money like its going out of stile but consider my advice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast