New version of Inquisitor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New version of Inquisitor

Hey guys! At the weekend, me and a few friends decided to get together and try out a proper game of inquisitor, but we then realised that actually, is was, well, just bad. After a few hours of trying to get our heads round the rules, we had only had 2-3 turns, so we decided to give it up and move on to something of our own creation. Because we found that a single well-aimed bolt pistol shot would stun you for 4 out of the 5 turns, and then they would handcuff you, some people had no fun at all. We invented a new version of it, using the 40k rules but with only a single charecter. The charecter could be up to 104 points because single charecters have options that are 5 points. The official number is as close to 100 as possible and nothing with an armour value e.g. dreadnoughts, but they can just be a normal dude like a devestator, broadside etc. Then, once the charecters are sorted, we elect one person to be the game master. The main difference between this and inquisitor, though, is you are all renegades who, by some account, are forced to work together. They fight against a 1000 point hordy army that the game master controlls. Currently there are 7 of us in total, meaning 6 charecters that come to 600 points versus 1000 points of hordyness. We have not tried this yet though. We are going to try it next saturday, with the horde being orks with one battlewagon, a warboss and a hell of a lot of boyz.

So, what do you guys think? Personally, I like it. it allows for indirect sabbotage against others, or a strong sense of teamwork. Any and all criticisms welcome. Also, we will be keeping a battle log that, if this gets enough posts, will be posted on here on a regular basis. Thanks!

"Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

This sounds somewhat interesting. A bit like Deathwatch, or something. I would be interested in seeing how it goes, even if I'm the only one!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Rather than the straight 1000pts of orks, why not have a larger force that will slowly come.

Basically you start off fighting 500pts, then each turn the orks get some reinforcements, maybe 50 turn 1, 75 turn 2, 100 turn 3, 125 turn 4...

That way you guys can put up a bit of a fight, but your chracters will sonn become wounded and surrounded as more and more orks pile onto the table.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice idea, I'll bear it in mind. We have decided to change it from week to week too, it's 'nids next, then eldar.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread