Sorry if this had been posted before.

I read about an army based on rending rippers AGES AGO... and I thought I'd advance the idea and... here's what I've come up with:

Bare in mind that this IS legal from my calculations... let me know if there's something I've missed.

When making your own Tyranid army chart the only limitation is that you must have at least one of each HQ/Elites/Troops and Heavy Support (Tyranid codex page 36).. so that's 4 species.

2 x Exceptional Size Hive Tyrants
with Adrenal Glands (IN), Adrenal Glands (WS), Enhanced Senses, Extended
Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Wings, Scything Talons (x2), Bio-Plasma Attack,
Implant Attack and Warp Blast

3 x Lictors

2 x Carnifexi
with Adrenal Glands (In), Adrenal Glands (WS), Enhanced Senses, Extended
Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Bio-Plasma Attack and 2 x Venom Cannons

6 x 10 Mutable Ripper Swarms
with 7x Weapon-Beast (Rending Claws)

2014 points

So that's 60 ripper swarms bases with 180 wounds and 126 rending attacks (without charging)

Unbreakable, "limit-less", ever-munching, critters army (for those who've seen the film)

And that's just the rippers
How about 2 S7/T7 flying Tyrants, 2 Carinfexi with 4xS10 shots per turn and 3 Lictors

Drawbacks are:

- maneuverability... maybe difficult chasing around fast armies.. however with 60 ripper bases you should be spread out quite a bit AND you've got the venom cannons and the warp blasts for them...

- template waepons... double wounds... however your opponent will still need 90 hits with template weapons to finish all your rippers off..

- Strength 6+ weapons... instant kill :ph34r: .. hopefully he'll have to concetrate some shots on the MCs as well... and there's 3 bases per swarm that's there for "collateral damage"

- Anything else you guys can think of.

let me know what you think!

PS: I bet my left leg someone will point out something I missed and will totaly ***** on my party :rofl: