Revised (again) 1850 Alaitoc Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*HQ*

Farseer @ 71pts
    -Witchblade
    -Pistol
    -Mind War

*ELITES*

9X Striking Scorpions @ 208pts (with farseer)
    -Grenades
    -Exarch: Scorpion's Claw, Crushing Blow

Wave Serpent @ 140
    -EML
    -Spirit Stone

10X Howling Banshees @ 189
    -Exarch: Executioner, Acrobatic

Wave Serpent @ 140
    -EML
    -Spirit Stone

6X Path-Finders @ 144pts

*TROOPS*

5X Rangers (comp) @ 95pts

5X Rangers (comp) @ 95pts

5X Rangers @ 95pts

5X Rangers @ 95pts

5X Rangers @ 95pts

*FAST ATTACK*

Vyper Jetbike @ 65pts
    -Starcannon

Vyper Jetbike @ 65 pts
    -Starcannon

*HEAVY SUPPORT*

5X Dark Reapers @ 233pts
    -Exarch: EML, Fast Shot

Wraithlord @ 120pts (sorry Zora, but it fits...)
    -Starcannon
    -2X Flamer

Total: 1850pts

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    but it rocks absolutely, too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

looks nice,
    hehe only one unit of pathfinders
    I also take one less ranger squad, so I guess it makes up the 5 rangers are only about 25 cheaper than 5 pathfinders *well worth it*, but then you have to loose either scorpions or dragons

yay some one who doesn't use wraithlords and avatar in alaitoc, like me

-Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider kicking the scorpions in favor of Banshees. Granted they do not fit into the whole "Alaitoc have to be stealthy" misconception that alot of people seem to have, but without haywire grenades your scorpions are basically anti-infantry melee, which the banshees tend to be better at the majority of the time, espeially versus anything with a decent armor save, toughness below 5, and average 10 models to a squad.

The only other concern I can see is the small number of models in your list, which is one of the problems the Alaitoc list lends itself to, the other being that it is often weak versus armor, which you have taken steps to counter. A IG army with indirect fire or anything that can deep strike into your lines will probably ruin your day, but there is not alot you can do about that. Don't be afraid to use something other than rangers in your list. The ranegr/pathfinder disruption rolls are very nice, but they are no gurantee. Against an enemy which cannot be pinned or simply has too many squads to keep them at bay, rangers just will not have the killing power that you will need to push them back. An ork horde army, for example, would be a nightmare for this list to face. 20+ orks to a mob, you might have to focus all your fire on a single squad per turn to have a chance of pinning/breaking them, and once the remains of those squads mobbed up and reached your lines you would be feeling it in no time. Just something to consider.

Even though alot of people feel that a Wraithlord/Avatar have no place in an Alaitoc list, using one is no cheesier than fielding nothing but rangers/pathfinders simply for the disruption rolls. so do not be afraid to use them.

Good luck with your list, and like you said, it is a generic list so you can make changes as you need them.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and as iv said beofre, the "stealthy" part of the ranger army is the disruption table. then they bring in their main fighting force. wraithlords and avatars are fine!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hmm, oh take a look at the Alaitoc list Zora put up a week or so ago, it was IMHO, the fluffiest Alaitoc list I have seen and really was quite solid as a list as well, I really cant recomend it enough
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOO&#33;&#33;

Someone else has read the craftworld codex&#33;&#33;&#33; Go Salamander&#33;

Good list. But it could do with a squad of guardians and a conceal warlock to relieve pressure of your scorpions and fire dragons....as well as ur vipers. They can soak up a lot of power and are...."resislient units" which will be very good against an army thatll move forward to you. At the moment u have nothing protecting your rangers from advancing assault squads and the like, or even ppl in transports. A few guardians would provide a solid anchor in the centre or the flank if ur scorpions go down the middle. Now u only have one troop which u will be sending forward in the open who will take up all the early fire and be decimated fairly quickly. With guardians helping they wont be.

You also need something to take out tanks. The distort cannons will be useless unless theyre are against transport vehicles or any tanks moving forward into range. The falson will be useless as shooting a tank would involve wasting 3 strength 6 ap2 shots. Maybe if u gave 1 viper a bright lance u cud at least hassle enemy tanks until ur scorpions arrive with farseer and brite lance and loads of haywire grenades...ie stopping it from shooting or if your lucky blowing it up completely.

I agree with bosco in that a fst moving army in tanks will slaughter u in seconds....

I dont care how much you&#39;ll hate this...but a wraithlord could hold back enemy troops from ur rangers and also inflict a lot of damage....

And if you seem to care about fluff....look at salamanders post and most importantly READ THE CODEX&#33;&#33;&#33; Where the fluff actually comes from&#33;&#33;&#33;

Eesh....I shud try to waffle on a bit less.
    Basically more guardians and a brite lance....
    Ordanace weapons would make short work of ur striking scorpions...but only if they can shoot. Espeshly AP 3 ones...no rerolling saves for them....
    Well those are my pointless ramblings on the subject anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, as far as Alaitoc fluff is concerned, (which is really irrelevent to the topic, as I specifically said that this isn&#39;t the Alaitoc army. It&#39;s my own craftworld, and the Alaitoc rules just tend to fit my craftworld better than any other rules) I wouldn&#39;t go so far as to say that wraithlords are unfluffy, but I tend to prefer lists without them, as they seem to me to be an easy way out, which IMHO goes against the point of playing an Alaitoc army. Personally, I would never use an avatar in an Alaitoc list, period.

</irrelevency>

BTW the scorps have nothing to do with &#39;stealthiness&#39; at all; I just put them in the list because it was supposed to be a general list, and scorps just seem to be more versatile than banshees. In truth, i&#39;ll be using banshees far more often than scorps, because i&#39;ll be fighting SMs far more often than nids or orks.

My main concern with fielding guardians in this list is that agains a fast army, the opponent will run straight into combat with them, rendering my expensive guns seriously devalued.

As far as tanks go, that was kind of the thought behind the dragons in the falcon. If I&#39;m missing something, please tell me though... :huh:

While I don&#39;t have anything against wraithlords per se, I would rather not use one for reasons mentioned above, as well as that it is a CC monster at heart, which is the aspect of the game that a shooty army such as this ought to downplay...(that and that I&#39;d hate to betray the praise I&#39;ve already recieved from the ever-wise Zora Blade, whose list is, as Cheredanine pointed out, is an excellent Alaitoc army)... although then if I did use a WL behind the rangers, that could keep the enemy units away from CC... although then against a true CC army, they could just charge at it right away and create a gigantic mob mess, which is exactly what I don&#39;t want... but then... and then... Oh dear I seem to have altogether confused myself... :hmm:

Also, if I used a WL, the points would have to come out of the D-cannons, although with 24" range they don&#39;t seem to fit the theme quite right either...

Keep in mind that this is a generic list, I doubt I would ever use this exact list if I knew what I was going to fight. If I was going to face a lot of tanks, I would put in more brightlances, et cetera...

Well anyway, that&#39;s my rationale (or lack thereof), any more pointers from here would be appreciated, but please don&#39;t turn this into another thread about Alaitoc fluff... <_<

edited: aparent inability to phrase a complete thought... :unsure:
    but it rocks absolutely, too&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

:blink: I dont know who is more confused now&#33;

Overall I still remain unconvinced about the use of the falcon as a transport for the fire dragons, I still think I would want to use the 2 units seperatley
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What specifically is the problem with dragons in a falcon? I really have very little gameplay experience with this sort of thing; it seemed like from what I&#39;ve heard/read that a lot of people seem to use them, but I&#39;d like to know both sides of the issue. It seems to me that if I have the falcon and the dragons, why not taxi them around to get to armor faster and without being exposed to fire, then they could go on their merry way and the falcon could go on its merry way, but again I know virtually nothing from personal experience, so if I&#39;m wrong, please set me straight.

Also, stepping out of all fluff whatsoever, let&#39;s just pretend I was considering a wraithlord. The wraithlord would basically replace the support battery. In strictly practical terms, would a wraithlord be a better asset to this army list than the d-cannons. If so, would you guys reccomend using the extra points to give the tanks star engines to boost their transport roles, or is there anything else in particular screaming to be used?

PS: hope this is a little more coherent than that last babble... :rolleyes:
    but it rocks absolutely, too&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think fire dragons in a falcon are a bad idea. However, i wouldnt give it the star engines as youll end up boosting into the enemy line and taking all early fire. Even if it does drop the dragons off itll be wasted. Id advise going slower and acyually using the star cannon and pules laser against some heavily armoured troops so your 190 point falcon isnt wasted. If your just gonna transport and run get a wave serpent, not literally tho cos theyre bloody expensive.

As for the wraithlord, it depends who your fighting. If your fighting a close combat army...say black templars take the d-cannoins,. If your against tau use a wraithlord. I would personally always use a wraithlord cos they can survive a lot better than some crappy guardians.

Sorry...forgot about the fire dragons in my other post.... :blush:
    But still theyre not reliable tank hunters unless they get very close and use an expensive falcon. An extra bright lance mite get a good shot earlier and for a heck of a lot less points. Altho if u get those dragons in the enemy tanks are screwed.
    Well those are my pointless ramblings on the subject anyway....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast