What cheeses you off? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

What cheeses you off?

I play once or twice a week at the local hobby shop against a variety of different characters. Against some kids, some teens, some adults and they all have different quirks. But what is it, that your opponent does that really cheeses you off? We have one kid that every time he destroys your unit, he throws his hands in the air and yells. My partner in the game who is also a kid tells me in a hushed voice "every time he does that, I want to punch his face". I wasn't as violent, but I got to admit it was annoying me. We have one person who always has to talk really loud; that bothers me. I also hate playing with a really, really, petty player who for a matter of micro-millimeters, will argue until the end of time, that your ordnance template hit 5 and not 6 of his models. You know the type, the guy who will piss and moan about every little thing, making the game drag along with an argument every few minutes about the stupidest things. I also dislike the person who stretches the rules and when you call them on it, they get mad rather than be reasonable and just check the rulebook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Think everyone hates those types. I'd have to add in the Stop Having Fun Guys and the Scrubs. I see the former more than the latter, especially at tournaments, and especially among the Space Marine and Guard players. Sometimes it even goes further than that, if you're playing vanilla Marines as opposed to Blood Angels or Space Wolves, you're a noob, why did you even bother to show up. I think everybody here knows at least one person like that.
    Last edited by Nitrokitty; January 13th, 2011 at 06:57.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

What I'll tolerate generally corresponds fairly closely to the person's age and apparent maturity level. I expect the 13 year old tau player to cheat shamelessly on skimmer movement, for example, but when a 50 year old eldar player does it....that cheeses me off, first because he can be expected to be mature enough to win within the rules, second because he's old enough to know how insulting it is to the rest of us to cheat so blatantly that Ray Charles can see it, and expect us to let it pass unchallenged.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I hate it when someone takes 5 minutes to allocate wounds to his squad. It isn't brain surgery, just pick and roll. Last week I had this guy (Yes it was a guy, of approximately 24 years of age) spend roughly 5 minutes trying to decipher where to allocate 4 wounds to two models. And then when I explained that both his models must take 2 saves, he gets mad at me and says he is thinking... I mean what the heck is there to think about in a situation like that? Just roll the damn dice!

I also am not a fan of Rules Lawyers, especially those who interpret them in a way to give them an advantage.
    Last edited by Wolf Guard; January 13th, 2011 at 18:53.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I painted my first marine (half a year ago, new player) in ultramarine colours, the store know-it-all mocks me at painting an ultramarine right after snatching it out of my hand. I guess he wanted to inspect it with his "experienced judging".

Note that the guy was 14 and overweight, the only reasons I had to refrain from snaping the wings of his sanguinor.

After thinking about it, he only played blood angels to powergame......ಠ_ಠ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

people who dont know their own rules, then get mad at you for correcting them. then are mad the rest of the game for correting them.

there are one of theese players were i currently play alot. and I outwardly refuse to play against him for more reasons than just that one.
    also anyone under the age of 15 who tries to play..... (could be just me)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    people who dont know their own rules, then get mad at you for correcting them. then are mad the rest of the game for correting them.

there are one of theese players were i currently play alot. and I outwardly refuse to play against him for more reasons than just that one.
    also anyone under the age of 15 who tries to play..... (could be just me)
    We have one of these as well; the person is well into his 20's and is self admittedly illiterate with only the most basic understanding of the written English language. He therefore cannot understand either the rulebook or his codex and yet will argue the rules with you. His excuse every time is that someone else either told him or plays that way so it can't be wrong. No one really want to play against him because of this and on top, he is really petty when he plays. Also, if I lived near you, you would want to play my 11 year old. He knows 95% of all codices and he knows the rulebook 99%. He is also an excellent player who is quite agreeable. And I'm not just saying that because he is my son....
    Last edited by andrewbeater; January 15th, 2011 at 17:59.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I hate the kind of people who complain constantly about everything - their rules, the opponents rules, etc. The only time this is allowed is if your opponent is using Witch Hunters and their thrice accursed faith powers
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

10. LikeCannibal God liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what cheeses me off is when i played a guy with a meter long hairy hair with a crap loaded swarm of nids. in the movement phase he would measure every single model in 3 units of 20 termaguaunts (sommat like that, i dont know much about nids) that are nowhere near anything. he the n doesnt shoot then but then runs every model 1 inch measuring evry model to the millimetre.... i mean why??? when they're no where near ANYTHING!!!!

also another thing is my friends 3 broadsides and 2 hammer heads with rail guns blowing up both my monoliths in his first turn!! (the game had no cover or building on it to see what would happen and now i know xD

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    The only time this is allowed is if your opponent is using Witch Hunters and their thrice accursed faith powers
    Yeah, i've gotten that after games in which I didn't use faith powers too :p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast