Funny thing happened after they landed.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Funny thing happened after they landed....

I had a weird issue arise last game I played and I need to know what you think of it: Some Space Wolves landed their drop pod and somewhat exited it. About 2 or 3 models were standing in the pod on top of the base of the pod. My Obliterators hit the unit with Plasma Cannons. So I placed the small template on one guy standing IN the pod then rolled the scatter dice. It bulls-eyed then the fun began. I said that the models touching the template are hit and because the hole was over the base of the pod, it too was hit. My opponent disagreed saying that if I wanted the Pod to be hit, I would have had to target it first and then the models in it would be hit as well. As it stood, he believed the pod was not hit. My argument was that it didn't matter who I targeted, all under the template would be hit and because the hole of the template was hitting the base of the pod, it too was hit.
    So which is it: 1) Both the unit under the template AND the drop pod are hit or 2) Since I did not target the Pod first and even though the template hole is over the pod, only the models are hit. Seems pretty simple to me. If you pick 2), please let me know where the rule can be found.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

This is a very confusing situation, mainly because it's a rules question based in a scenario where rules have (accidently of course) been broken. All models are presumed to take up the area of their base or hull, and so no other model may move into that area. In this scenario we had 2-3 Space Wolves standing inside a Drop Pod which is illegal. Yes, if a situation were to arise the Drop Pod would still be hit as it was under the hole of the template (even if it was also under a Space Wolf) but as I stated before such a situation, rules wise at least, should never come up.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

You see, I don't play any armies that use Drop Pods, so I'm "Drop Pod stupid" so to speak. (insert jokes here) In reading the rules for Drop Pods, I see how you are right that units must get out of the pod and stay out of it. I'll let the guy know his mistake so it never happens again. Thanks a ton.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Next up, terminators riding on top of land raiders!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Next up, terminators riding on top of land raiders!
    Totally legal right?!?
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

As long as one of them has a guitar shaped like an axe, yes :p

Imagine that deep striking in!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

Gene Simmons in Terminator armour!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

all models and units under the template are hit, vehicles under the center circle are hit on the armor side facing the circle.

this situation should not have occurred if they had disembarked properly, all units must exit the vehicle within 2 inches of an exit point, any models that cannot exit are considered destroyed is the rule i know. so if the space puppy was unable to get out of the vehicle, it would have been destroyed.

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner37 View Post
    all models and units under the template are hit, vehicles under the center circle are hit on the armor side facing the circle.

this situation should not have occurred if they had disembarked properly, all units must exit the vehicle within 2 inches of an exit point, any models that cannot exit are considered destroyed is the rule i know. so if the space puppy was unable to get out of the vehicle, it would have been destroyed.
    Way to kill the awesomeness Prisoner37!
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back Noisemarine Terminators
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread