Which of the next codex updates are you most looking forward to? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which codex are you most excited for?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Necrons

28 47.46%
  • Tau

18 30.51%
  • Witch Hunters

9 15.25%
  • Black Templar

4 6.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Which of the next codex updates are you most looking forward to?

Hey everyone, there has been rumours floating around for a while about the next few codex releases and potential new models etc. I'm curious as to which of the next few releases are the most anticipated (of those to be released in the near future).

Personally, I can't wait for the Tau as they are my true love from long ago when I first started. I would have to say that the sisters of battle are the next update I eagerly await. Even if I never start a sisters army, I'm just excited to see what the new concept art and models would look like since they haven't received an update in so long.

As for Necrons, I'm interested to see what they can come up, but I feel as though it will be a very similar codex to the current one that simply makes under-used units more viable. lastly, I've been seeing people mention the Black Templar getting a new codex and well... its just more marines. I feel as though the marine armies are largely too similar and I just can't jump out of my seat at the thought of more power armour/bolters.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts!

Tau my love! You are back!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

My Necrons need love. That said, I'm glad the Blue Space Communists and Bolter Bitches are getting their due as well. As far as the Black Templar go... well... not so much. More Marines, whoo freaking hoo.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I'm excited most about the necrons. Not so much how they change on the tabletop, but more how they're going to develop the fluff. Hoary legions of the undead have always had a special place in my heart. In the current codex, it seems like the C'tan are the focus of the codex, with the necrons just being their pets. It sounds like the new release is bringing the necrons to the fore. Maybe they'll even get rid of all those pesky star vampires that are hogging the limelight (fluff-wise, not model-wise) like some are postulating. I'm excited to see.

Second is sisters, just because I'm very excited about them getting plastic troops. I've liked their concept art the most out of all the lines. I liked what was released for the Fastasy Flight Dark Heresy. If it weren't for my dedication to the skeleton hordes, I'd probably make them my first army.

Then Tau, because we need more xenos.

Then Templars, because we don't need any more space marines flavours.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

necrons of course! they really need some love. Tau would also be nice but they don't need it as much as the poor soulless necrons...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Witch Hunters as then it will stop the arguments between AT and our resident Daemon player.

Please for the love of the Sanguinius let the arguments stop.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Anything but space marines...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Necrons definitely. Firstly because I play them of course. Secondly because like Tau and SoBs they need an update. Thirdly because nothing is lamer than "just-another-different-color-marine-chapter".
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

I got so ticked off at the lack of love Games Workshop showed and still is showing the Necrons, I gave my Necrons to an under-privileged kid. If they make the codex relevant again and can come up with some new models, the Necrons will again be my next army. Also, they have to get rid of Phase-out or forget it. I'm personally sick of the A-typical MEQ codex anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

A close one between Necrons and Tau, Tau from the perspective of someone who might possibly (though it's unlikely) start an army of them at some point, and Necrons from a nostalgic perspective of someone who used to play them. However, I think Necrons win over, just cause they're so cool. And cause I'm an Eldar player and need more entertaining adversaries to crush.

~ Acarna

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Necrons, basically because;
    a) They're the most evil race in 40k!
    b) They're led by star vampires - and I like vampires!
    c) They're 40k's undead ancient Egyptians... I like everything to do with the ancient Egyptians.
    d) They desperately need some love, both in their game mechanics & even more desperately from a model standpoint.

After the 'crons, I'd like to see those sisters, as the nuns with guns are cool, and their story is a very ironic one considering how they represent everything the Emperor was trying to do during the Great Crusade!

I'd also am eagerly awaiting the Templars, because they are not only very different as far as marines go, but they are also in a way the one 'true' marine chapter who have held true to the Emperor's mandate for the legions astartes.
    I also think it's cool seeing the whole teutonic knights in space dealie too! (way more manly than those silly 'civilised' romanesque goody-two-shoes!)

Finally, I'm crying for a new Daemon book... Most flawed army in 40k right now, and there's 1 codex out there can easily pull a half-turn game auto-win with the right build.
    Plus, in 5th ed's mecha-maddness where taxies are all the rage, Daemons suck big time since we're forced into set builds, or else we may as well not even bother putting models on the table.

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast