*Time Limited Question* 500 point army buffet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

*Time Limited Question* 500 point army buffet

Ok, so a bunch of my room-mates and friends etc have left armies at my house. I have all their permission to borrow them. I am going out of town tomorrow and wanted to show my brother the game as he has been very interested but due to lack of a store, and lack of friends who play he hasn't tried it yet. I want to give him a feel and I have 4 days to do it, I have these armies at my house:
    -Space wolves
    -Orks
    -Tau
    -Sisters of Battle
    -Dark Eldar
    -Necrons

My goal is this, build 5 comparable strength lists so he can try a little bit of each and get not only a bit of a feeling for each races playstyle but also their strengths and weaknesses. Here is the hard part. I have very limited packing space, so I have to do this at approximately 500pts each. I know orks excell the cheaper the points as to IG (but I don't have any here). I will post 5 Lists below and tell me what you think within the next 15hours of me posting this. If you can come up with a reason why one list seems *not in the flavor* of an army, or *way more powerful than the other lists* please tell me what you would do to rectify this. I only play Tau/Orks personally so I feel I can make those lists well. Here are the following lists I designed.

Final Note: These are not hyper competetive lists, we will not be playing tournament style games it is a sampler more than anything.

SW:
    1 Rune Priest in Terminator Armour -Wolf Tail Talisman; Runic Weapon; Storm Bolter

1 Dreadnought - Assault Cannon; Storm Bolter

1 Drop Pod - Storm Bolter
    5 Grey Hunters Pack - Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Meltagun

5 Grey Hunters Pack - Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Flamer

1 Thunderwolf Cavalry -Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Thunder Hammer

Necrons

1 Lord -Ressurection Orb

10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Orks

1 Big Mek with Kustom Force Field + Power Klaw

24 Boys + 1 nob with Bosspole + Power Klaw + 2 big shootas

11 Boyz + 1 Nob with Bosspole + Power Klaw
    1 Trukk Reinforced Ram

1 Warbuggy Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Tau

1 Commander Shas'el + Hard-wired Blacksun Filter +Hard-wired Drone controller + Missile Pod + Plasma Rifle + Targeting Array + 2 Gun Drones

6 Fire Warrior
    1 Devilfish

10 Kroot Carnivore Squad

1 Hammerhead Gunship with Railgun + Two Burst Cannons + Disruption Pod + Flechette Discharger + Multi-Tracker

Sisters of Battle

1 Canoness - Cloak of St. Aspira + Jump Pack + Eviscerator

9 Battle Sisters Squad Flamer x1 + Meltagun x1
    1 Rhino
    1 Veteran Sister Superior + Book of St. Lucius

9 Battle Sisters Squad Flamer x1 + Meltagun x1
    1 Rhino
    1 Veteran Sister Superior + Book of St. Lucius

Dark Eldar

1 Archon + Blast Pistol + Agoniser + Shadow Field

5 Kabalite Warriors + Blaster x1
    1 Raider

5 Kabalite Warriors + Blaster x1
    1 Raider

5 Kabalite Warriors

3 Reavers Cluster Caltrops x1

THANKS SO MUCH IF YOU HELP!!!!! + REP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

Looking at the lists I feel Tau + SoB are going to be the strongest, I intentionally made a slighlty less competetive ork list as they get the biggest boost at low points. Necrons look the weakest,but thats a fault of their codex

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

Well I'm packing now as I have 3 hours till we are leaving. Guess these will have to do. If you want to leave feedback feel free but it won't be able to help me now.

+ Reply to Thread