1000 Pts Imperial Fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need help to make a good shooty Imperial Fists army. iuse almost the same rules as Iron Warriors (sacrifice 2 fast attack choices for a heavy choice....) because they are basicly the same thing in the fluff.

HQ:
    leader with bolt pistol and cc weapon 32 pts

Elites:
    5 terms with 2 assault cannons(i take assault cannons mostly becuase the new rules for them are same except heavy 4 rending)250 pts

Troops:
    8 scouts with 7 shotguns 104 pts

8 scouts with 7 shotguns 104 pts

Heavy support:
    Whirlwind 75 pts

5 devestators squad with 2 lascannons and 2 plasma cannons 215pts

predator destructor with heavy bolter heavy bolter side sponsons 110 pts

predator destructor with heavy bolter heavy bolter side sponsons 110 pts

the total comes to 1000 pts. i was hoping to make a good army could be versitile enough to kill either orcs, dark eldar, space marines, or sisters of battle which is mostly what i play against. any suggestions would be gladly accepted seince i have not had that much experience with shooty armies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude as a fellow imperial fists player i have to say that that is one of the shiteiest amy lists i have ever see, i mean your HQ is complete crap...i think that even my ork army could kill you.
    <span style='color:green'>Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don&#39;t count as beat. If we runs for it we don&#39;t die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see&#33;</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm.....if you&#39;re going to take Scouts, either go Bolters with a missile launcher, or CC weapons..
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gork and mork@Oct 15 2004, 225
    Dude as a fellow imperial fists player i have to say that that is one of the shiteiest amy lists i have ever see, i mean your HQ is complete crap...i think that even my ork army could kill you.
    [snapback]230865[/snapback]
    Instead of a "complete crap" post that does nothing except make people angry, why don&#39;t you try and formulate an intelligent response? Why do you think the army is bad? What are you suggestions for making it better? Or perhaps your education is so weak you don&#39;t know how to write a sound argument to support your position? In my experience people who resort to your type of insult just don&#39;t have what it takes to articulate their ideas, so they rely on trying to shout their way out of embarrassment. And in case you didn’t get the hint, L.O. doesn’t like to see this kind of posting so stop or leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a few moments here, so I decided to take a better look at your list. So, down the line..

HQ: At 1000 points, he&#39;s going to die. Fast. Real fast. And early. I would consider Commander at least. Or is it Captain? Whichever the two wound model is. He&#39;s the best value. Go with a Storm Bolter if you&#39;re going to be doing some shooting. Give him a jump pack and see below.

Elites: In 1000 points, Termies are a BIG no-no. You need to pump out more Marines so you can take 15-20 casualties and not lose the game. That hefty marine armor gets owned more than most people like to think, heh.

Troops: I don&#39;t like Scouts in games this small. I&#39;ve never found them to be reliable enough. Tactical Marines are the better choice here. But, in 1500+, I like to take Scouts with Bolters and a Missile Launcher and have &#39;em infiltrate. Sucks for tank-heavy opponents. Also consider taking a rhino for at least one tactical squad so you can get to objectives quickly.

Fast Attack: Here is where the Termies&#39; points would shine. Take an Assault Squad to accompany your commander. I promise you, they&#39;ll do a lot more damage in a small game. Most opponents won&#39;t be able to kill them off if you keep them supported and don&#39;t let every unit in the opposing army mob up on them.

Heavy Support: Never, EVER mix weapons in a Devastator Squad. And 5 men doesn&#39;t cut it. Not enough meat shields. Take 7-8 guys and 4 Missile Launchers. They do the job of Lascannons and Plasma Cannons with just a little less effectiveness, but in 1000 points they should own most heavy armor. The Preds are fine I suppose, but I would probably prefer a pair of Dreadnoughts. That&#39;s just me, though. I like it stompy. =D

Good luck.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thank you for you help but let me clear up a few things. i usualy play with my friends and almost 90% of the battles we are play are team games. i am trying to make my army a support army , somehitng that can take some hits but not many.
    i was saving points and trying to make my commander as cheap as possible so i could get more points for my heavy support choices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your list needs just a little bit of help....
    aside from the suggestions already made:
    your HQ choice definately needs to be tweaked, i agree with cypher on the fact an assault squad plus commander would be nice.. IMO spring for the chaplain ... a chaplain with jump pack and storm bolter rounds up at 100 pts. this is alot more then your current HQ but it is also alot better... the chap gets an invunerable save ..has a power weapon and can shoot with the best of them if he cant assault yet, with him in the assault marines they unit will smash alot of stuff.

Elites: either drop the terms for the assault marines and HQ upgrade OR put in a dread for about half the pts as this term squad and then spend the remainder beefing up the HQ/fast attack

Troops: Scouts are really great for some armies...and really great against soem opponents... if facing Nids or a Wraithlord heavy army id almost say it was a must to take some scout snipers inorder to drop the MC&#39;s, otherwise drop all the scouts and switch in soem tactical squads with heavy weapons to help your SHOOTING army out.... in the role of supporting there is nothing like tactical marines to get the job done&#33;

Fast attack: either go with the assaults/HQ strike idea... or take a land speeder tornado/typhoon for more shooting power... i dont have alot of luck with speeders but they might be able to help ...look into attack bikes as well, their heavy bolters can add some more shots to your shooting phase inorder to bring down dark eldar/ orks

heavy support&#33;: can we say predators any one? lol personally id take the annilators because you dont seem to have alot of anti tank weaponry in the army, you said space marines and dark eldar were among your opponents so theres bound to be soem vehicles on the field that you may need to bring down.. then again multi shots to the max&#33; if your playing orks the destructors will be of great help.
    cypher is 100% right about the devs... either go for missle launchers or completely specialize your guys to one thing (ie heavy bolters for ork killing or all lascannons for tank hunting) add bodies so you can drop them instead of your heavy weps.
    whirlwind-- always nice to see vs the orks but against heavy armored troops you might have better luck with a vindicator or another pred ^_^

best of luck to you with the army and long live the emperor&#33;
    <span style='color:purple'>&quot;Fetch me another play-thing....this one is broken&quot;

strike like lightning and burn down everything in your path&#33;</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Oct 15 2004, 22:33
    Instead of a "complete crap" post that does nothing except make people angry, why don&#39;t you try and formulate an intelligent response? Why do you think the army is bad? What are you suggestions for making it better? Or perhaps your education is so weak you don&#39;t know how to write a sound argument to support your position? In my experience people who resort to your type of insult just don&#39;t have what it takes to articulate their ideas, so they rely on trying to shout their way out of embarrassment. And in case you didn’t get the hint, L.O. doesn’t like to see this kind of posting so stop or leave.
    [snapback]230878[/snapback]

Sorry if i pffended anyone its just this guys a friend and i was just screwing around with him...once again im sorry if i had offended anyone.
    <span style='color:green'>Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don&#39;t count as beat. If we runs for it we don&#39;t die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see&#33;</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, what&#39;s an Imperial Fist army doing without some seige equipment? If you want firepower, baby, take a couple Vindicators instead of those Destructors&#33; Remember, they can move and fire their ordnance now&#33; Even if they scatter, that&#39;s still a big template... and they have a 1 in 3 chance of a direct hit anyway&#33;&#33;

A leader as HQ in a shooty army is fine. Give him a storm bolter and keep him cheap.

One squad of scouts is fine, especially with a missile launcher or heavy bolter to compliment them, but not 2 squads, and not shotguns. Take bolters instead.

ALWAYS take at least 20 tactical marines, even in small games. They can pump out some serious firepower and can take some punishment, too.

Missile Devs are the best all-round, but if you do mix weapons then add one plasma Cannon and 1 lascannon to your 2 missile launchers and that way you still have good anti-personnel and anti-tank abilty, but you can also kill some 2+ armor.
    Purge all the heretics,
    Kill the alien scum,
    Suffer not the unclean to live,
    And have a beer when you&#39;re done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seince when are you an imp fist player mork.......

+ Reply to Thread