Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daemonhunters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This army is a bit more shooty than I would expect from DH. Right now the spot that I have concerns with is the dual Inquisitor Firebases. Each one sucks down 173 points, but I have had a fair amount of success with them so far. My normal opponent hasnt had the chance to concentrate on them because there are also so many other shooty targets to choose from as well, but I wonder if others will quickly take them out.
    The other "future addition" is the second dreadnaught, the one with the TLLC/ML. Since the current one I had came with its weapons glued on, I decided I want to get another more robust tank killer (that and my guard support hasnt been able to hit the broadside of a land-raider in its past two - three games. Anyways, I have forty dollars and the Dreadnaught is what I am thinking of picking up, everything else I already have. Any thoughts? (mega if you post, could you include how your purg squad is doing if you have tried them out already.)

HQ

Grey Knight Grand Master
    Nemesis Force Halberd; Storm Bolter,Terminator Armour, Sacred Incense
    Grey Knight Terminator Retinue x 4, Nemesis

Elites

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Psycannon
    Auspex
    Mystic x 1 Sage x 2 , Warriors = Plasmacannon servitor x1, Bolter Servitor x 2

Elites

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Psycannon
    Auspex
    Mystic x 1 Sage x 2 , Warriors = Plasmacannon servitor x1, Bolter Servitor x 2

Callidus Assassin

Troops

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers x9 (Melta Gun x2)
    Rhino, Smoke Launchers

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers x 9 Hellgun (Plasma Gun x2)

Infantry Platoon
    Command = Lascannon, LP, CCW
    1st = Lascannon, GL, LP, CCW
    2nd = Lascannon, GL, LP, CCW

Fast Attack

Grey Knights x7
    Grey Knight Justicar

Heavy Support

Grey Knight Dreadnought Dread. CC Weapon; Incinerator; Plasma Cannon
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armour

Grey Knight Dreadnought Dread. CC Weapon; TLLC/ML
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armour

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a real solide list to me. In fact its almost identical to one of my 2000 pt. lists. The only thing I would suggest is that you get another squad of FAGK, either that or try to max out on the squad size of the one you already have (strength in numbers. And maybe add an incinerator to the FAGK squad(s). Other than that, this list looks like it could do real well. Let us know how it works out for you.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, my Purg squad has been earning it's points back lately, I think it's going to be staying in my list. My Nid opponent cries when I deploy it ^_^

Personally, I don't like mixing psycannon, PC, & HB anymore in Inq units. They work best against different opponents, and are too expensive to 'just have around'. I'd prefer direct retinues - 3 HB, 3 MM, or a PC & 2 plasma guns. Hell, even just 1 PC and no other gun still makes it nasty. You could have two units consisting of an Inq (no psycannon), PC servitor, & 2 sages, all for the cost of ONE of the units you already have. Then, for a bit over 200, you can get a purg squad with 4 GK and 3 psycannons - more than enough to mow down unarmored infantry. Just an idea.

That said, what you have now is fine ^_^ The second Dread'll take care of anti-armor fine.

+ Reply to Thread