The Army Most Unlike Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Army Most Unlike Grey Knights

I want to start a new army that is completely opposite from my current army, the Grey Knights. You know, just to add some variety. What armies would be considered opposite to the Grey Knights playstyle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Well usually Grey Knights succeed at mid to close range, so I'd say either an army that shoot from a long range like Tau or Guard or an army that can do that but aswell be great in combat like Dark Eldar. Tyranids or Orks could also be a viable option as they can usually fit in twice the amount of models more than a Grey Knight army, it just depends whether you want to stay back and smash stuff or go in face to face and smash stuff.
    One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any horde would be fundamentally opposite to the GK's...multitude of cheapies vs. a handful of elites. But otherwise it depends on the GK build[s] that you [play]...[As far as popular builds], Purifier, strike squad, or henchmen lists will probably be mech, Draigo lists you could see footslogging or deepstriking. [Could possibly see footslogging GKs in power armor], or even some sort of psyflemen/vindicare/techmarine/purgator gunline, but that seems less likely.

So which do you [play]?

You could go faster mech with eldar and tau, or footslogging ork horde or nids, or IG gunline with super heavy, long-range guns.

[Demons really would be altogether different.]
    Last edited by BarnyCarhamich; September 29th, 2011 at 23:39. Reason: I don't know how to read.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

You could collect Daemons and see how Matt Ward killed them with your Grey Knights you play. They really are the polar opposite of Grey Knights and in the right hands, they really are fun to play and look pretty sexy too!

+ Reply to Thread