2000pt Blood Angels...trying Again - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, i think this list might be a bit better. i'll be playing my tyranid friend next week in a 2000pt battle.

Troops:

sqd. 1: Vet. sgt, marine x 4, marine with lascannon 120pts
    sqd. 2: Vet. sgt, marine x 4, marine with lascannon 120pts
    sqd. 3: Vet. sgt, marine x 6, marine with heavy bolter, frag grenades, auspex 150pts
    sqd. 4: Vet. sgt, marine x 6, marine with heavy bolter, frag grenades, auspex 150pts

HQ: Chaplain, terminator honors, jump pack, frag grenades, D3+3 Death
    Company, jump packs, frag grenades, bolt pistol, CCW 216pts
    HQ: Librarian, terminator armor, storm bolter, force weapon 130pts
    (leads term. assault squad)

Elite: Terminator Assault squad: 2 lightning claw, 2 thunderhammer/storm shield, 4
    power fist/storm bolter, 1 term. sgt storm bolter/power sword 378pts
    Elite 2: Dreadnought, twin linked lascannons, missle launcher 135pts
    Elite 3: Furioso Dreadnought, heavy flamer 105pts

Heavy Support 1: Devastator Squad: Vet. sgt, marine x 2, marine w/ missle
    launcher x 3, marine w/ plasmacannon 215pts

Heavy Support 2: Baal Predator, Heavy bolter sponsons, pintle moutned storm
    bolter, hunter killer missle 145pts

Heavy Support 3: Predator Annihilator, lascannon sponsons, hunter killer missle 160

Total: 1994pts grenades and auspex can me removed as needed, and I may switch the plasmacannon for another missle launcher when I get one. Let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT???!!! :realmad:
    Where are the assault squads! This is Blood Angels, you need assault squad to get to the Hive Tyrant/Warriors quikly... and dont forgget the death company. Bring them with the chaplain...
    "Honour the Craft of Death"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaplain and DC both have jump packs. i figured since it was a BA army people would assume i had the DC with the chaplian, but i will go and edit that now. the idea is to blast him at range, use the DC with power weaps to take out is swarms of troops, and then use my massive term. assault squad on his tyrant and tyrant guard. warriors fall pretty easily to bolter/heavy bolter fire. auspex are there to deal with lictors (nothing like getting a free rapid fire on those suckers before anyone's turn starts on 80pt models :shifty: ). i'll edit in the death company with the chaplain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

idd get some rhinos and convert 1 troops to flaming cc and since your troops are heavy on weapons , drop the devasters for an assault squad.

your assault terms should have more lightning claws and T hammers try and beef up if you can. small amount of marines are easy to deal with in cc.

good luck
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

first off ditch the davistator squad, this is a blood angels army... they don't use them, sence they're assult. Instead of the devistators take a few dreads with plasma cannons, to make up the loss of plasma from removing the devistators. This will also allow them to move and shoot, just in case you blood rage every turn (it's happened to me before, this is why I don't use dev's)

You realy should mount your troops in something, the 5 man squads should have razor backs with lascannons and the 7 men should be in rhinos... heck combine them and have a 10 man squad in a rhino with a flamer (I had a salamanders player kill my 15 man death company with 3 flamers, they're WELL worth it)

The librarian is cool and all but you might want to take a sanguinary high preist with a honor guard. Have them hang out with your death company so they all get master crafted weapons (his nice rule of re-roll acts like master crafted).

Blood Angels Terminators are indeed mean and good at killing any thing, but do you realy want to loose one to death company... I'd take some sort of an assult squad. The assult squad will be cheaper, and in that be more men. Terminators are too slow in my opinion for blood angels. I took Grey Knight terminators to make up for slowness, sence they can "always" deep strike.

if you give your 5 man troops a razor back you won't need the Predator Annihilator, asuming you give the razor backs lascannons. The hunter killer missle is lame... personaly I think it's a waste of points. One shot for 15 points... LAME... when you can give a lascannon to a marine... yeah its double the points but, you get to shoot it 5 more times.

Blood angels are a verry hard Chapter to play, the things they're best at are expensive points wise. After playing them for 2 years, I'm giving up playing them. Too many people call them cheese or broken armys even though I don't play them that way :/ . You might want to hold off with the army till the new marine codex comes out, I hear your going to be able to arm tactical squads with CCW perfect for blood angels.

-Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id ditch the termies for an assault squad. They cost less and wont hurt you as badly if you lose them to the death company.
    The Hive Mind will consume all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I only have 1 razorback as of right now, but I'm planning on getting more in the future. That being said, I can't depend on multiple razorbacks for heavy weapon support. Once I can affored to get multiple razorbacks/rhinos, then I'll run more of them I think. I'm still afraid to run them because vehicles die so quickly (especially to a dual venom cannon carnifex). I think a happy medium will be running 2-3 razorbacks with 6-man squads and flamers. I think it's silly to load up heavy weapons into a transport and move them to the front lines because they can't fire when they disembark.

I only have 1 regular dreadnought and 1 furioso dreadnought atm, but it's looking like I'm going to need another one soon. Speaking of dreadnoughts, I have been fielding mine as elites. Am I allowed to do that? In the Blood Angels codex it says that dreads are heavy support, and in the Space Marines Codex it says they are elites. Can I field them as both heavy support AND elites? I'm so confused :unsure: .

I only have 5 assault squad marines, but that will be fixed here within the next couple of days. I'm thinking of putting a flamer or two in this squad because of their moblity. I don't like plasma guns because I have been consistantly rolling 1s on my plasma shots and the guy with plasma usually dies because I fail the subsequent armor save :blink: .

I like my massive termi squad. People will be forced to deal with it, and I'm able to deep strike them if I need to. I have a mix of lightning claw and thunderhammers with normal terminators because I don't want the squad to be totally worthless at range. I hate losing them to the death company, but I think it's worth the risk. Not to mention a Blood Angel Librarian is nasty with or without a force weapon.

I REALLY appreciate the feedback you all. By all means keep it coming. If my above statement is riddled with newbishness, by all means, let me know. I'm still pretty green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Speaking of dreadnoughts, I have been fielding mine as elites. Am I allowed to do that? In the Blood Angels codex it says that dreads are heavy support, and in the Space Marines Codex it says they are elites
    the furioso dred is an elite choice and the regular one is heavy for blood angels.

I'm thinking of putting a flamer or two in this squad because of their moblity. I don't like plasma guns because I have been consistantly rolling 1s on my plasma shots and the guy with plasma usually dies because I fail the subsequent armor save
    assult squads can only have plasma pistols, unless you take the blood angels vet. assult squad, they can have assult weapons.

I like my massive termi squad. People will be forced to deal with it, and I'm able to deep strike them if I need to. I have a mix of lightning claw and thunderhammers with normal terminators because I don't want the squad to be totally worthless at range. I hate losing them to the death company, but I think it's worth the risk. Not to mention a Blood Angel Librarian is nasty with or without a force weapon.
    If you like terminators this much, may I sugest taking grey knight terminators. Have them deep strike with your librarian. Nothing like giveing a Brother captain quickening with his str. 6 they will also come in handy against chaos. I've had a squad of 5 kill a deamon prince and a greater deamon in the same turn. Reason I say take the GK termys is cause the blood angels ones are expensive to loose to death company :closedeyes:

-Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

+ Reply to Thread