Looking for an opposite - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for an opposite

Hi Boys and Girls of Librarium,

At the moment I collect Both Necrons(2.5kish) and Dark Eldar(1.5-2k) I`m now itching to start an army that pretty well the opposite play style to these armies as my third and final slot.

My thoughts are:-

Orks :- thinking of setting up a Imperial guard-esque force using a horde army with Looted wagons and such non
    Daemons :- After seeing a thread elsewhere using certain fantasy minitures as count as Daemons ( Dryads, Treekin etc)
    Chaos Space Marines:- At the moment the Idea of a Khornate army quite appeals to me but have heard a single god army can be quite useless (Also fear this may be quite close to Necrons in some of their playstyle)

So any thoughts opinions or indeed any other suggestions will be willingly taken on board

Thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Basically you want something that has a very distinctive CC feel to it since you have two shooty armies already. So that means Guard and probably normal Eldar are out of the question.
    So on that note orks, nids and a possible marine chapter (Black templars/blood angels/Space wolves) are probaly my initial picks for you. Grey knights are pretty balanced not as shooty as your other armies but not as CC as Nids or orks...although GK purifiers will make mincemeat out of horde armies. I suggested GKs purely for their psychic abilities since you don' have a psychic army yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with Farseer Macleod mostly, I too believe you are craving for a CC type of army. Also a bike themed army could change things up too. Playing Daemons atm isnt too productive, but they also need a certain finesse to really make them work. Any Marine chapter can still end up feeling like your still playing with your necrons. Its that whole familiar stat line.... Grey Knights can be shooty still as well, but they favor CC pretty good too, As above mentioned, they are rather balanced for an elite kind of army. Bugs can be all the CC you would want, but they also have a few nifty little range attacks too. Chaos Marines are due for their update too, so if you are considering them, I'd suggest waiting till that point to really get them rolling. They already have alot of options available, for a variety of play styles, but running one god kind of playstyle requires good strategy, I've seen it done, even in GT's.

What is your liking looking for? like what kind of playstyle are you really getting interested into? Thats what we should really know to be able to help you out more effectively.

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

And bugs are getting an update in a few days so you'll actually have all the models you need for a competitive army. If you want to win tournaments, however, go Orks - these guys can be very nasty. If you just want pure CC prowess then bugs are for you.

+ Reply to Thread