Whats The Worst Thing That Has Ever Happened? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, i just had a horrible experience with a battle yesterday and thought id share it with you.

I was using the new rules of the Unbound Bloodthirster from the Forgeworld update against the Tau in a World Eaters Army. Now, all was going well, he was slaughtering everyone taking only 1 wound. THen he assaulted a pair of Broadsides with drones. He LOST. The most powerful bloodthirster ever to be summoned from the Warp LOST against a pair of puny, 4 fingered naive grey monkeys in tin cans!!! :o Not good. I lost becasue of that. They beat me, giving me three wounds in return for ONE, i lost combat, lost another wound to instablity, then was destroyed the next turn by the remaining broadside.

So, to make me feel better, whats your story of doom and destruction? How were you beaten so thourghly your powerfist came out of your ears?

Note to mods: This has probably been done before, but i didnt know that, and i couldnt find one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

1000pt SoB army wiped out because I only made 1 armour save the whole game.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Takaetun@Oct 25 2004, 19:37
    OK, i just had a horrible experience with a battle yesterday and thought id share it with you.

I was using the new rules of the Unbound Bloodthirster from the Forgeworld update against the Tau in a World Eaters Army. Now, all was going well, he was slaughtering everyone taking only 1 wound. THen he assaulted a pair of Broadsides with drones. He LOST. The most powerful bloodthirster ever to be summoned from the Warp LOST against a pair of puny, 4 fingered naive grey monkeys in tin cans!!! :o Not good. I lost becasue of that. They beat me, giving me three wounds in return for ONE, i lost combat, lost another wound to instablity, then was destroyed the next turn by the remaining broadside.

So, to make me feel better, whats your story of doom and destruction? How were you beaten so thourghly your powerfist came out of your ears?
    Note to mods: This has probably been done before, but i didnt know that, and i couldnt find one.
    [snapback]237777[/snapback]
    The worst thing to happen to me was having 8 of my deathwing terminators assaulted by chaos raptors, and losing 7 of them in one turn. I rolled 5 ones for armour saves, and the other two were killed by a power weapon on the champion. My whole left flank collapsed and I lost the battle due to the fact that my terminators were not around to stop his deep striking obliterators the next turn. I was owning him up until that point, so I was more than a little bit frustrated. The good news is that the lone terminator killed 3 guys before dying, and then my land raider crusader pulled up and annihilated the rest of the raptors in one turn of shooting. The obliterators got the crusader though, so maybe the news isn't all THAT good.

I heard a story today from one of the guys at games workshop about a tournament he was at this weekend. Apparently a monolith rolled 11 inches on the scatter dice when warping in and scattered right off the board, taking 1100 points worth of units with it (they were "inside" it.)
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fought an armoured company. Killed nothing. His only casualty was an overheat from a plasma gun--he gave his life trying to kill a spinegaunt
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn&#39;t watch my arm and accidentally knocked the organs on my exorcist off. It was upon this day I realized that all my models were held together with very crappy glue, and building the exorcist has been on hold ever since.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Me and the others were playing one of our backyard games a month ago and, no lie, a big friggin crow came along and abducted one of our Tau guys while we were taking a luch break.It was strange, the thing just comes hopping up,pokes around our armies,then snatches on in it&#39;s beak and darts off, like it knew it was stealing something.Nasty damn bird, lucky it was only a firewarrior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edicius that is so hilarious. WOW

umm i never lost to badly before

oh nvm

i played my friends DH. i killed a 7 person sqaud of GK, 2 wounds off a term captin, and 3 reg marines. (note that all the wounds inflicted were by heavy wepons)

those are all the kills i got. he completly killed my force. does&#39;t help when rolling 1&#39;s and 2&#39;s

but the game we played after that

i complely won omg. hhahha. i destroyed his force, and how many Dark Angels died you ask.........

1 meatwall marine in my dev squad, and one tactical marine. I ROLLED NOTHING BUT 5&#39;s AND 6&#39;s

its all in the dice.

my army is on a roll now. I play best out of 3 games with my friends on sat or sun.
    i normaly play against, tau, eldar, Daemon Hunters, and Chaos.

we kinda sees who wins the most games for a month

so i play tau on week, eldar next,so on

i won september by 2 victories
    and i am leading the october standings

so wish me luck and sorry i kinda rambled

omg almost 100th post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This didn&#39;t happen to me, but I have to say it is the WORSE thing to ever happen in a 40k game.

After I told a buddy about my first battle against aliotoc eldar he told me about his worst experiance with them.

He plays Necrons. Before the game began the rangers put everything but a squad of warriors into reserve. They even reduced the squad to half strength by shooting them down before the game started. When they rolled off for turns the eldar got the first turn. They wiped out that squad. Since there weren&#39;t any necrons nearby they didn&#39;t even get a we&#39;ll be back roll. Phased out, done game.

The game ended before he even had a turn.

If the old sisters codex, the current blood angels codex didn&#39;t put Gav Thrope on my good side you can bet the eldar haven&#39;t done a very good job of winning me over either.

m0z
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst thing i&#39;ve seen in a 40k game would have to be how lucky my guardsmen are. In the last couple of games they&#39;ve killed a deamon prince, 10 deathwing terminators, 10 tactical marines, all of which died in combat (obviously not in the same game). I also took down a deamon prince with lasguns in one round of shooting.

All of my opponents can&#39;t seem to win in combat vs my uber hard guard, thats scary, their only guardsmen&#33; :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was playing with borrowed Necrons, and fired 20 Warriors at the squad of Templars about to assault them in a Carnage battle. I failed a Leadership test (with Ld 10&#33 so their 36 Gauss Flayer shots were fired at the lone Blood Pact trooper an inch closer. The unfortunate Blood Pact guy took 15 wounds (yes, we rolled for it rather than just removing him) and the Templars assaulted next turn, killing all the Necrons who hadn&#39;t been killed by the Blood Pact guy&#39;s Basilisk.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi omniam pecuniam mihi dabis, saxum immanem ad capitem tuum mittam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast