Starting Black Templar Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the EC is obligatory in black templars I took a lower cost HQ to compensate, the Dreadnought is to soak up the damage for the troop to arrive in CC where they excel I chose two units of CC to enter combat from two different angles thus using my troops like a vice whilst the dread soaks the damage in the middle and my HQ advances behind it.

Suggestions?

HQ:

Emperor's champion - 105pts.

(Purity seal, Iron Halo, master crafted weapon, black sword, artificier armor, term honors)

Marshal - 80pts.

(Purity seals, thunder hammer, storm bolter)

Elites:

Dreadnought - 115pts.

(Multi-melta, Dread CC wep., Storm bolter)

Troops:

Black templar squad (5 units)- 100pts.

(Purity seals, CC weapons and bolt pistol, 1 power weapon and bolt pistol)

Black templar squad (5 units)-100pts.

(Purity seals, CC weapons and bolt pistol, 1 power weapon and bolt pistol)

Total: 500 pts.

<span style='font-family:Impact'>I&#39;m the elephant under your bed... well not really but I have him tied up and I&#39;m worse...</span>
    <a href='http://www.the-waaagh.com/' target='_blank'>Waaagh&#33;&#33;&#33;</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simply put in a 500 list this is an excellent setup&#33;

Good job bro&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oi thank you&#33;

I was unsure since the only anti-vehicle unit I had was the Dreadnought wich will suffer most of the damage in this list.
    <span style='font-family:Impact'>I&#39;m the elephant under your bed... well not really but I have him tied up and I&#39;m worse...</span>

Junior Member Colonel Leon Gordon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the low pts matches I have observed at my local hobby store, you usually dont see that many vehicles. Few armies have the points to run them in 500-750 matches. Still, haveing a dreadnaught is good for the small bit of tank hunting you may have to do. When not hunting, I serves as a close combat fighter. Personally, I would have allouacated points to a Heavy Flamer on the &#39;naught, cause if I wasnt tank hunting, I would have it rushing into CC, hence, the template range right before the assault phase starts. However, Storm Bolters work just as well. Great army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I agree with Marshal Blood God.
    this looks good for small games.
    also, dont forget that against vehicles your thunder hammer Marshal would do even better then the dread.
    also I really like the purity seals, as it would help you get to an enemy who is shoting you faster.
    good show (Y)
    Right Hand of the Emperor&#33;

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order of the Black Rose</span>
    </span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

i would drop the marshal for a scout squad since the emporors champ can use is sword as a power fist to bust tanks.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Wolf_Pack@Oct 27 2004, 13:43
    i would drop the marshal for a scout squad since the emporors champ can use is sword as a power fist to bust tanks.
    [snapback]239154[/snapback]
    Negative, you need both since the EC counts and doesnt count as HQ... It&#39;s an HQ unit but it doesnt count like on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... an odd choice of equipment on the Marshal. I&#39;d give him a power weapon so that the excellent Initiative won&#39;t go to waste. And you might like to give him a pistol instead of a Storm Bolter for the extra attack.

Also, 5 men in a CC squad is not a good idea. They&#39;ll be too eaily overwhelmed. If you ask me, I&#39;d drop the Dread and use the points to beef up your squads.

And there ya go...

(had to try that on for size)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d trade the thunder hammer/storm bolter for a power weapon and bolt pistol and the Multi-melta for an Assault cannon, and use those extra points to buy 2 more Intiates to beef up one of your squads. Let that be your Close Combat squad, and put both characters with it. Then I&#39;d get rid of the P. Seals, and close combat weapons in one of your squads and give them bolters and a heavy weapon (pref. a missile launcher) because you&#39;re going to need SOME shooting ability, but you can take the min 5-man on this one.

What you really need is one more unit. Too bad you have to take 2 HQ&#39;s&#33;
    Purge all the heretics,
    Kill the alien scum,
    Suffer not the unclean to live,
    And have a beer when you&#39;re done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don&#39;t need an HQ choice in 500 pts as far as i know, you definitely don&#39;t for 400, you could drop the marshall and bump up the squad sizes a bit
    less hate more kittens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast