Multiple Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a serious problem...had it since Fantasy and I let it migrate to 40k with me. I can never decide on one army. I buy models for one army (I have Storm Troopers on order right now) then decide I want to play another.

Would it be a better idea to simply get both progressively? I wouldn't be able to play as quickly as I'd like, but I wouldn't be looking at one or the other wishing I had that instead. Maybe buy a little from one, a little from the other, until I get both completed? (Christmas AND my birthday is coming up, so it's easier for me at this time of the year.)

Does anyone have any opinions about this? Thanks. ^_^

A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.
    The Tactica Imperium

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=22782' target='_blank'>The Kalabin 3rd and Last</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly how you feel. I&#39;ve been a long-time &#39;rine junkie, but can&#39;t seem to peel my eye away from some of the other forces. =&#092; I have somewhere around 4k points of &#39;rines, not including WH/DH allies, I have around 2.5k points of Necrons, 1k of Ork and some &#39;Nids. I&#39;m in the same boat as you. Birthday and Christmas close together, so i&#39;ll be expanding &#39;Nids and Orks, and buying Guard. =D
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

m0z
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had the same problem. Having started my 13th company, i for some strange reason went and started Tau, Guard and Nids. What i did was to finish my 13th and then my guard, postponing the others till a later date. But whilst doing my guard i decided to start fantasy, and started to collect Brettonians.

The only break the habit is probably to force yourself to collect / finish one army before you continue with the others. I have tried but am failing, being in the middle of painting bretts and gaurd. :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if its in a 40k to 40k just pick armies that can use each other for allies so then you are progressively getting stronger. This is currently what I am doing with Imperial Guard and Grey Knights.
    The Hive Mind will consume all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is, I&#39;m an IG fan and I want to collect Dark Eldar. :hmm: I think I&#39;m going to snatch up DE first, though, even though I have IG models already. Christmas and Birthday coming up so I can get a lot of models quickly. Plus, few people play evil armies around in my group, so it&#39;d be a nice change.
    A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.
    The Tactica Imperium

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=22782' target='_blank'>The Kalabin 3rd and Last</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I have made my self the rule that I WILL not buy any more models until I have painted the ones I have got. This has saved me hundreds of dollars and motivates me to finish painting. And if I do get a second army it will probably necrons because you don&#39;t need that many and they are easy to paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Alas I share your pain. I&#39;m horrible about that,especialy considering my mad d esire to own one of every army there is (and I creep ever closer to my goal). even with 3 of us pooling our rescources it&#39;s taken us a few years to gather the 6 armies wee have now.I&#39;ve started using zerling&#39;s method and only buying new minis once the onse i have are painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve decided to use Christmas and Birthday to snatch up as many DE models as I can, get a small force ready with them, and use them for the time. They&#39;d be more fun to use at the moment than my IG, and I&#39;d be one of the only "evil" players over here. We have a Tyranid player, but he isn&#39;t exactly very good. :hmm: Plus, for Fluff reasons, I&#39;d just like to fight my Eldar-playing friend. ^_^
    The Tactica Imperium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you lot are in quite a bit of mental pain. Not to gloat or anything, but I suffer from no such problems. I only have one army: Black Templars, and I intend to stick with them.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I started with Thousand Sons, switched to Necrons when I realized I didn&#39;t understand the Chaos Codex, and now that I do I&#39;ve started working on both. Its expensive and time-comsuming, and I haven&#39;t truly finished a single model from either.

+ Reply to Thread