1500pt Sw Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1500pt Sw Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here it is

1516pt Space Wolf army

HQ-
    Rune Prist
    -Rune Staff
    -Plasma Pistol
    =105pts

Wolf Prist
    -Power Weapon
    -Plasma Pistol
    -Iron Wolf Amulet
    =110pts

total HQ=215pts

TROOPS
    1 pack of Grey Hunters
    -6 Grey Hunters with Bolters and CCW
    Razorback
    -Twin-Heavy Bolter
    -Smoke Launchers
    -Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
    =191pts

1 pack of Grey Hunters
    Razorback
    -Twin-Heavy Bolter
    -Smoke Launchers
    =191pts

1 pack of Grey Hunters
    Razorback
    -Twin-Heavy Bolter
    -Smoke Launchers
    =191pts

1 pack of Grey Hunters
    Razorback
    -Twin-Heavy Bolter
    -Smoke Launchers
    =191pts

1 pack of Bloodclaws
    13 Bloodclaws with Blot Pistol and CCW
    =182

Total troops=946

Fast Attack
    1 land Speeder
    -Heavy Bolter
    =50 pts

1 land Speeder
    -Heavy Bolter
    =50 pts

Totsl Fast Attack=100pts

Heavy Support
    Land Raider Crusader
    -2 Hurrican Bloters
    -twin-linked Assult Cannons
    -Multi-Melta
    -Extra Amor
    -Smoke Launchers
    -Frag Ganades
    =225pts

Total Haevy Support=225pts

Total Army=1516

my idea was fo the LRC and two Razorbacks to go down the middle while One Razorback and land Speeder go down the sides to try and out Fank them.

any advice or help would be helpful

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hay i'm not sure if you have read any of the new rules but transports are really not all that great any more. they really took one in the pants. i just recently played a few games with my 1500 pt army and it was heavy on the transports and well with the new rules any penetrating hit (other then crew stunned) on your razorbacks are going to cause you troops to disembark and/or take a wound and you will have to make a pinning check afterwards. now bikes are not that bad any more cuz now you could turbo charge them and go up to 24 inches and their armour save become invulnerable. the lemon russ i think is a good idea to take against heavly troop armies such as nids and orks cuz now it could move up to six inches and still fire all weapons, that adds up to if you do the math 11-13 shots. i also see that you don't have to much tank busting weapons so you will be hurting if your opponent takes on some tanks so it might be a good idea to feild maybe on or two of you grey hunters with melta guns or at least take on a heavy like the long fangs and fit them with missle lauchers cuz missle lauchers are a good troop and vehicle destroying weapon as well as take on some of the tougher modles so you troops will not have too. And the fire control is not that bad either cuz you could shot at a tank with to missle then turn around and shot at units with the other two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been in a city fight league and it doesn’t matter, in 3rd or 4th vehicles just don’t do well. You will be having massive cover saves which make the lesser units a really nice option and heavies aren’t quit as useful either. I found that using cheaper units (such as scouts) with as many rapid fire weapons as possible is the better way to go. With all the cover make sure everyone has frag and if at all possible just go real shooty at the mid level (plasma, melta, storm bolter, flamers) with few heavy incase they bring skimmer’s/tanks. If you can out shoot them then they really will need to charge you and playing SW this should be a good thing.

I would leave 1 transport to help take objectives tho. The LRC will not be much in your favor if you play with the amount of terrain your supposed too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the exact rules for transports now havent got the new rule book so can someone post them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

cant post them fully ( good old american style suedge dont know if its spelled right....) but transports are important in city fight for wolves since you need to move up fast. i would make mys squads bigger 8-9 grey hunters to maximise your transport points.
    a runic staff asnt done anything for my in the last 3 years of warhammrer gaming.
    a power weapons would be better.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just my detail oriented personality, but you either:
    a) have an illegal army because you have exceeded the point values for the battle
    -or-
    b)have an illegal army because at 1516 points you are short one HQ choice.

If your other players allow you to break the points then that's up to you. If its a tourney it wouldn't be allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooh i relise that my points are off by 16 but the people that i play with dont care as long as i dont go over 25 pointsor the limit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hay Wolf Raider what do you mean by that he needs another HQ he already has 2 right? are you saying that cuz of just a measly 16 points he needs to take on a thrid HQ? I'm sorry but i'm just don't understand where he needs another HQ just for 16 points over 1500.

Now i never have done city fighting before but i do know that transports are not as good as they used to be. I advice you to pick up the new rule book so you can see all the new rules cuz they have change alot and on top of that they seem to favor armies that do more shooting (ie the tau) then assaulting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Lone_Wulfen@Oct 27 2004, 20:36
    Hay Wolf Raider what do you mean by that he needs another HQ he already has 2 right? are you saying that cuz of just a measly 16 points he needs to take on a thrid HQ? I'm sorry but i'm just don't understand where he needs another HQ just for 16 points over 1500.
    [snapback]239497[/snapback]
    Space Wolves require 3 HQs at 1501 points. I'm just one of those people that thinks 1500 points means 1500 points, or that 3 HQs at 1516 is 3 HQs. If you can break the HQ rule here, why not just have one HQ at 1495 points?

Just a measly 16 points is enough for another troop, to give an entire unit of scouts frag grenades or almost enough for meltabombs, two power weapons for Blood Claws, Frags and melabombs for all your characters, or plenty of other goodies.

If you're allowed to go over 25 points, as Shooty Wolf stated, then you could get quite a bit of extra stuff; that's half a Rhino! You can be sure if iI'm told the limit is 1525 points I'm going to be at the table with precisely 1525 points (and three HQs )

Like I said its just me, but an extra 16 points is breaking the rules just as much as taking your armor save after a hit from a power weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=WolfRaider,Oct 27 2004, 214]
    Space Wolves require 3 HQs at 1501 points. I'm just one of those people that thinks 1500 points means 1500 points, or that 3 HQs at 1516 is 3 HQs. If you can break the HQ rule here, why not just have one HQ at 1495 points?

i agree with you on the 1500 points that 1500 points is 1500 points no more no less but it all depends on who you play with like me i would not care if the army i go up against has 16 points more then my army as long as i have 1500 points or less i'm happy. but the HQ thing i don't know man the way it was explained to me was that i did not need to worry about another HQ until 375 points or more and the rules in the codex is not all that to clear in a case of when you field a 1000 point army and you only need to spend another 250 points cuz that is only like one to two more units

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast