7500 Point Tyranid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my list that I have now got, I can't think of any other models I will need, but if you can then let me know.

1 Winged HT 2xST
    1 HT 2 VC & ST
    4 Guard
    2 Carnifex 2VC each & ST
    2 Barbed Hierodules
    Hadrian
    OOE
    Red Terror
    3 Lictors
    3 Zoanthropes
    3 Biovores
    20 gargoyles
    30 Geanstealers
    30 Hormagaunts
    40 Termagaunts
    10 Rippa Swams
    3 warriors VC & ST
    6 Warriors DS & ST
    3 Warriors ST & RC
    12 Hybrids 3 HW
    1 Bio Titan (home made) 1076 points

Total with morphs is 7476 points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

for 7000 pts you dont have alot of models.

i would drop the vors and thropes to get more gaunts or stealers.

man i hope your not planning to buy all this stuff! :blink:
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Wolf_Pack@Oct 28 2004, 21:59
    for 7000 pts you dont have alot of models.

man i hope your not planning to buy all this stuff! :blink:
    [snapback]240059[/snapback]

I'm not planning to, this is what I have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. You mention hybrids and Hadrians. As far as I know they dont exist.
    2. In a 7500 point army I would have at least 400 models. That doesnt look like 400 models.

IMO get rid of OOE, red terror, hybrids, hadrians, the VC warriors, the zoanthropes, the hierodules, and the ripper swarms, and replace them with gaunts. Man I love those guys :wub:
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

First things first... Read the Codex, decide how big an army list You want to have (or what You usually play), build it up and post that. We'll give You feedback, and then You're go.

Why? Quite frankly, scarce are the souls who bother to make a list for You (and listing everything one has is usually an invitation to do so) .

It's much more beneficial for You as a player to figure out Your own army list, and then post it up for criticism. You'll get briefed on what works and what doesn't (and often even why it doesn't), and the end product is a game-ready list.

Besides, most of Your models lack all definition about what exactly they have... No mention of Biomorphs, and some rather erroneous-looking Bioweapon amounts. Hard to give any feedback if I can't tell what they have.

Hadrian
    --- I assume You meant the Harridan, the big winged Tyranid which carries Gargoyles around.

12 Hybrids 3 HW
    --- Genestealer Hybrids, I presume? Can't be used in Tyranid swarms.

Genestealer Cult armies are different from Tyranids, and don't have any official rules for 4thEd or even 3rdEd.

--- I don't know exactly why, but whenever I see a CDR creation that costs over 1K in points, I go: "Oh no, give it a break...!"

Maybe it's just because at those points it will be a Bio-Titan with insane killing power, and it goes directly against my CDR philosophy of somewhat less powerful but IMO much more fun creatures (which don't require my opponent to field a Titan of their own). But as said, that might be just me... ^_^;

Anyway... Come up with a list of say, 1500pts, and post that.

Apologize if I sounded a bit too agressive, I'm pretty tired... It's 06:31 in the morning and I need sleep badly. :closedeyes:
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

good ridance
    ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Oct 29 2004, 03:14
    First things first... Read the Codex, decide how big an army list You want to have (or what You usually play), build it up and post that. We'll give You feedback, and then You're go.

Why? Quite frankly, scarce are the souls who bother to make a list for You (and listing everything one has is usually an invitation to do so) .

It's much more beneficial for You as a player to figure out Your own army list, and then post it up for criticism. You'll get briefed on what works and what doesn't (and often even why it doesn't), and the end product is a game-ready list.

Besides, most of Your models lack all definition about what exactly they have... No mention of Biomorphs, and some rather erroneous-looking Bioweapon amounts. Hard to give any feedback if I can't tell what they have.
    --- I assume You meant the Harridan, the big winged Tyranid which carries Gargoyles around.
    --- Genestealer Hybrids, I presume? Can't be used in Tyranid swarms.

Genestealer Cult armies are different from Tyranids, and don't have any official rules for 4thEd or even 3rdEd.
    --- I don't know exactly why, but whenever I see a CDR creation that costs over 1K in points, I go: "Oh no, give it a break...!"

Maybe it's just because at those points it will be a Bio-Titan with insane killing power, and it goes directly against my CDR philosophy of somewhat less powerful but IMO much more fun creatures (which don't require my opponent to field a Titan of their own). But as said, that might be just me... ^_^;

Anyway... Come up with a list of say, 1500pts, and post that.

Apologize if I sounded a bit too agressive, I'm pretty tired... It's 06:31 in the morning and I need sleep badly. :closedeyes:
    [snapback]240259[/snapback]
    I may have not been clear myself in the initial posting, these are the models that I have, i bought loads off ebay, and some are home made as I didn't want to pay huge forge world prices for them.
    So my real question is what am I missing? As a few have said they would go for more gaunts, some dont even bother with Biovores, thats why I was asking for sugestions.
    The Bio titan will be fielded when I am facing the other 3 titans that are in play with the guys I play with so the guy had to be pretty resilliant and pack a bit just to stand a chance (at one point it was over 1700 points, but I got it as close to 1000 as I could)

Don't worry about sounding aggressive, I've seen how much you have to claryfy around here with people who dont listen, so I 'm cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like you have a fairly comprehensive set of models there. If you are going to face other titans I think your two Carnifexes will be pretty much mandatory against them.

The most obvious thing that strikes me about your collection is the fact that you have no spinegaunts, you need some. I'd recommend getting about 50 of them. They are very very useful as a first wave to keep your opponent occupied while the second wave of genestealers and hormagaunts advance. An opponent who is not experienced in fighting the Tyranids will shoot the spinegaunts and not realize that the Hormagaunts that are right behind them are twice as dangerous.
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spinegaunt = basic gaunt with spinefist? about 5 points a model?

If thats right, I thought of getting some, or converting my 40 gaunts into spine gaunts but most of the guys I play with do know that the first wave is a basic diversion so I thought they would be a waste of time.

I thought as my gargoyls can deep strike then I would use deep strike to get them in the same position as the spinegaunts could but then have less chance of being shot up before my horms or stealers got there. Does that make sence? And would it work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Captin Moroni@Oct 28 2004, 21:53
    Here is my list that I have now got, I can&#39;t think of any other models I will need, but if you can then let me know.

1 Winged HT 2xST
    1 HT 2 VC & ST
    4 Guard
    2 Carnifex 2VC each & ST
    2 Barbed Hierodules
    Hadrian
    OOE
    Red Terror
    3 Lictors
    3 Zoanthropes
    3 Biovores
    20 gargoyles
    30 Geanstealers
    30 Hormagaunts
    40 Termagaunts
    10 Rippa Swams
    3 warriors VC & ST
    6 Warriors DS & ST
    3 Warriors ST & RC
    12 Hybrids 3 HW

Total with morphs is 7476 points.
    [snapback]240054[/snapback]
    strangely, nobody has noticed this but you can not have O1E and the red terror in the same battle for 2 reasons: (1) O1E can only be used in battles of 1500 pts or less and the red terror 1500 or more, and (2) the FAQ says they may not be used in the same battle, it appears that your 2nd HT has 2 venom cannons and scything talons, not allowed, 2 weapons only, and the same for your carnifexes, 2 VC&#39;s and scythes, and what the hell is a hadrian, you either mean harridan(the big flying FW thing) or my uncle adrian&#33;&#33;&#33;
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast