1500 Pts Of Gauss. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in an escalation league and we just reached 1500 points, and I want some advice on my list:

Lord: Orb/Vod

4 Pariah

8 Flayed ones

15 warriors

16 warriors

6 scarabs w/ disruption

3 wraiths

Monolith

1500 points exactly, 43 Necrons, phase out at 11.

I don't have the money for immortals or a big squad of destroyers, I'm going to be facing lots of necrons and lots of marines including my personal worst matchup, GK (solid GK with tons of terminators)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

your pariahs are too few in numbers .
    the wraiths never do squat.
    youll want tomb spiders instead
    the swarms are nive but theyare like the wraiths, get some destryoers instead
    ( heavy bolter goodness)
    the monolith does not have any kind of range want so ever ( at 235 is should )
    heavy destryers are better and harder to kill.

and the phase out rules aplies to the number of units not models

good luck.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the codex, phase out is by models, sorry to disappoint you. Also every battle I fight my wraiths take out at least double their points cost before the end of the battle and in one case they single handedly took out over 600 points worth of marines. I don't have destroyers and for 235 points the monolith is the most cost effective vehicle in the game. And since I'm facing lots of other necrons and marines that ap3 ordnance is looking damned nice right about now. I don't intend to run it up the middle while my enemy takes potshots at it, I intend to deepstrike it into his rear and then pop my choice of units out of it to either assault him or shoot him. The scarabs have a better chance of killing a tank than 2 HD or 2 Destroyers and have the added bonus that I can use them to kill guard, tie down marines and keep his favorite unit of heavy weapons occupied. I love tomb spyders but I simply don't have the points to use them unless I drop the pariah (which I might do.)

Please if you're going to give suggestions give some reasons behind those suggestions.

And a destroyer is str 6, H. Bolter is str 5. I will agree that the pariah are a bit low on the numbers but their primary objective is to provide support for the flayed ones and to kill the occasional tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are right phase out is by models not by units. The list actaully looks pretty good to me. Like you said yourself I would drop the pariah and add maybe another group of flayed ones to help shield the wraiths and give you some more CC abilities. The tomb spyder would also be nice to keep your troops around longer. I completely agree with you that the monolith is going to be a gigantic help and is great against marines and necrons. Regardless of whether it makes its points up it is going to soak up a ton of firepower for generally a long time and be able to dish it back out. Plus GK's are going to have a blast taking out a monolith for the sole reason of their insanely poor heavy weapons. They may field a dread or two but most poeple are aware of necrons abilities to spank tanks with their standard trooper.
    The Hive Mind will consume all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

perhaps you right on the monolith for marines but will you only face power armour armies?

nids will prooves themselves very anoying little runts with the spinegunts maybe you should get some more warriors instead of the pariahs and if you dont get to deep strike, the monolith wont get there fast enough. you might loose a turn or 2 before get within weapons range.

has for wraiths yes they are effective in CC but if you dont get to start a smart player will take 'em down with multiple shots, thats how you go around that 3+ invulnerable. opponents will be descouraged just looking a the amount of warriors you'll have fielded.
    sry about the phase out rule :blush:
    just my toughts
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ignore wolf pack. he forgets one of the most important things about having a monolith is its ability to pull units out of close combat. he also forgets unless the necron player is a complete and total moron, or if you're playing with no terrain wraiths will never be shot at (24 inches ignoring terrain = should always be in cover).

anyway, for 1500 points i think you&#39;re going to need to fix up one of your fast attack options. my personal opinion would be scrap either the scarabs, or the wraiths, and take the extra points to add more of the other (so if you lost the wraiths add more scarabs, and then spend any left over points on more warriors, or flayed ones, and vice versa). i personally would get rid of the wraiths (i <3 scarabs).

as you say you dont have the money to buy immortals or destroyers thats really all i can say, as i tend to favor those units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok two possible revisions:

HQ:
    Lord: Orb/Veil

Elites:
    10 Flayed ones

Troops:
    14 Warriors

15 Warriors

Fast Attack:
    8 Scarabs: Disruption

3 Wraiths

Heavy support:
    Monolith

2 Tomb spyders: Claws

1498, 43 Necrons, Phase out at 11

Or a hq heavy version:

HQ
    Lord: VoD

Lord: Destroyer Body, Nightmare shroud, Warscythe, Phase Shifter,

Troops:
    20 Warriors

10 Warriors

Fast Attack:
    3 Wraiths

8 Scarabs: Disruption

Heavy:
    Monolith

2 Tomb Spyders

Total: 1496, 35 Necrons, Phase out at 9.

I really like the CC side of necrons if you can&#39;t tell. I also love the morale check abilities because I&#39;ve found that even with a leadership of 10 people still fail morale checks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

[quote=SendMoreParamedics,Nov 1 2004, 15:26]
    ignore wolf pack. he forgets one of the most important things about having a monolith is its ability to pull units out of close combat. he also forgets unless the necron player is a complete and total moron, or if you&#39;re playing with no terrain wraiths will never be shot at (24 inches ignoring terrain = should always be in cover).

Hey SendMoreParamedics, even if they are in cover, they will be pretty much using the 3+ invulnerable save they have instead of that 5+ cover or 4+ if in ruins.
    and unless your playing with buildings all over ( That will completely hide your models wich is kinda tall&#33
    i do agree to the fact that you might want more warriors

but if your really want to get to CC that bad go ahead and use the Lith.

anyway good luck
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread