1000 Point Necron List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List 1:
    Lord w/ Warscythe & VoD 170

5 Immortals 140

10 Warriors 180
    10 Warriors 180

3 Destroyers 150
    5 Scarab Swarms 60
    3 Wraiths 123

Ok, this one is a hunter-killer type force. The Lord teleports the Immortals to where they can fire on the biggest threat (probably anything toting a Railgun). Warriors do their marchy killy thing. Destroyers also help out with the Lord and Immortals to neutralize their target. The Scarab Swarms get aimed at the enemy HQ, and the Wraiths run around and take care of other threats.

List 2:
    Lord w/ Destroyer Body, Warscythe, Res Orb, Phylactery 195

6 Flayed Ones 108

10 Warriors 180
    10 Warriors 180

3 Destroyers 150
    5 Scarab Swarms 60

Heavy Destroyer 65
    Tomb Spyder 55

This list relies on Destroyers, with the Lord and all four Destroyers forming a highly mobile firebase, the Flayed Ones infiltrating behind enemy lines and basically push his battle line out of his table quarter (we're probably playing cleanse). The Swarms again engage HQ, and the Warriors do the whole battle line thing. The Spyder stays with the Warriors as they advance on his Fire Warriors.

I'm leaning towards the first list, as the VoD can really mess with people's heads. But the Res Orb attracts me to the second list -- a Staff of Light is a pain in the ass to give to a lord on foot (Res Orb + VoD = 100 pts of equipment -- can't exceed that, so I'd need to model the Staff), and I'm really looking to do minimal conversion with this project. Also, a pro for the Destroyer Lord is that he can't be insta-railgunned. And Flayed Ones kick Tau ass, period.

So help me out here -- which is better?

OMFG1337!!!!111one

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    list 1 destroyers are useles drop them and fill imortals squad up

list 2 destroyers are useles drop them and the destroyer body from lord and his war gear also drop tomb spidy and get VoD and fill flayed ones upto 10 in the squad then get some wraithes
    <('U')>
    disonour before death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's one thing I know about Necrons, it's that Destroyers actuall kick ass. I've seen a squad of 3 down twice their points.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well wit my encounters with them my little razor bak shot them down with a heavy bolter
    <('U')>
    disonour before death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of facts: The Tau can have 3 squads of 3 xv88s (rail guns: str 10, ap1 TW) for 625 points. That's 9 rail gun shots firing at different targets. 2, 13 man kroot squads for 182 pts. The HQ will use 88 points.105 points for the blade master (aun'shi). Anything under T5 will be insta-killed, the kroot will take(or slow down) the warriors, or scarabs, the HQ will act as a moble heavy fire support, and aun'shi kicks butt in cc. 1000 points, period.
    The only thing that is stopping you from being what you can be is what you think other people think about you.
    ----------------------------------------
    If you could say one thing to the world, what would it be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of constructiveness in your post amazes me.

Try posting something that's actually useful -- and neither of us are using special characters (How easy would it be to shoot the Ethereal's ass down and force an army-wide morale check?). Also, with a Res Orb, Railgun strength no longer means *****, and with an invulnerable save from turboboosting with the Destroyers, neither does AP1. Also that's 9 railguns shooting at THREE targets -- not 9. On average, only half will hit, that's 5 models (I'm rounding up). Kroot won't slow down anything that's shooting at them -- and Scarabs can easily tie down Kroot for however long they last -- it's not hard.

You are a tactical disaster, and kind of an ***** -- either develop your IQ and people skills beyond the abilities of a tuna sandwich, or shut the hell up.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also with if a broadside is surronded it will have to take some cheak and if it fails it dies
    <('U')>
    disonour before death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, thanks mag.

But, in response to the HB point: when Necrons die from weapons like HBs, it's because of bad rolling on the Necron player's part, and good rolling from the shooter. You had to roll 3+ to hit, 3+ to wound, and then they had to fail an armor save AND a WBB roll -- that's a lot of luck.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vsing necrons people will try to make u phase out so its a risk having only 30 to 40 models
    well with me id have 2 to 4 full necron squads and then some flayed ones telaporting aruond and slaughtering squads and some little scarabs jet packing around
    <('U')>
    disonour before death

+ Reply to Thread