Necron 1500 Points List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:

Necron Lord (Warscythe, Res. Orb)

Troops:

20 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Fast attack:

3 Destroyers
    3 Destroyers
    6 Scarab bases

Heavy support:

2 Tomb Spiders
    1 Heavy Destroyer
    1 Heavy Destroyer

If you don't know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don't.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Sap@Nov 6 2004, 208
    HQ:

Necron Lord (Warscythe, Res. Orb)

Troops:

15 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    15 Warriors

Fast attack:

3 Destroyers
    3 Destroyers
    6 Scarab bases

Heavy support:

2 Tomb Spiders
    1 Heavy Destroyer
    1 Heavy Destroyer
    [snapback]245782[/snapback]
    Every one here loves scarbes but I hate them; they suck. Their I2 WS2 ST3 the only good thing they have is 3 wounds, I would MUCH rather have 2 extra Destroyers or something like that. So I think you should X the Scarbes. And lose both Heavy Destroyers. You could handle losing 10 Warriors if you wanted. Lose the War Scythe on the Lord.

This puts you at 1270. I would put the VoD on your lord, and buy your self a sqd of Flayed Ones (this puts you at 1490). I changed the size of your Warrior sqds, 15 man are much more effective for warping Many will disagree whith me <_<

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Wizard@Nov 6 2004, 21:41
    Every one here loves scarbes but I hate them; they suck. Their I2 WS2 ST3 the only good thing they have is 3 wounds, I would MUCH rather have 2 extra Destroyers or something like that. So I think you should X the Scarbes. And lose both Heavy Destroyers. You could handle losing 10 Warriors if you wanted. Lose the War Scythe on the Lord.

This puts you at 1270. I would put the VoD on your lord, and buy your self a sqd of Flayed Ones. I changed the size of your Warrior sqds, 15 man are much more effective for warping Many will disagree whith me <_<
    [snapback]245820[/snapback]
    Well thanks for the advice. I&#39;m just starting off and I&#39;ve decided to base my force around two battle force packs, I figure they&#39;re pretty good value. Are Heavy Destroyers really that bad? It seems as if a few people are rubbishing them around here.

I&#39;ll mostly be playing against Space Marines, except for one person who has a Tau army and one person who has Ork Speed Freeks.
    If you don&#39;t know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don&#39;t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the thread named: Are Heavy Destroyers And Pariahs Useless? Many things will be answered :lol:

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I think I might stick with the Heavy Destroyers but drop the squad of ten Warriors and replace them with five Flayed Ones.
    If you don&#39;t know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don&#39;t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a sqd of atleast 8, if your not going to use atleast 8 don&#39;t use them at all...

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. I was looking at the point value of Pariahs. Flayed Ones cost 18 points, same as the Warriors. I&#39;ll get a squad of ten and keep the Scarab swarms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People bitch and moan about scarabs but in the end do you really want to use your warriors to absorb a full load of assault marines? I&#39;d much rather spend 60 points and tie down that squad then have it rampage nillywilly through my valuable warriors. For 60 points you get one destroyer or two immortals...wheee..3 or 4 shots a turn vs 15attacks in CC...numbers count for a lot. Just ask the guy who&#39;s chaos lord in terminator armor died to 3 scarabs. Or that 270 point landraider that just got popped by a unit that cost less than a third of its point cost. Before you go ragging on scarabs and their low I and str make sure you know how to use them. They&#39;re not going to stop a rampaging dread for more than a turn or two, that&#39;s what your heavy destroyers/destroyers are for. Learn how to use scarabs properly and you&#39;ll never leave home without them. In fact people where I play have learned so well thanks to me and another good necron player that the first thing to shoot is the scarabs racing forwards under cover. Which means my lovely immortals and destroyers don&#39;t have to face lots of fire. :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Scarabs are awesome. especially when you see them in action against eldar/dark eldar, tau, orks, well bassically almost any armies basic troopers. for 60 points you get a 30 wound, 30 attack monster, that moves around very fast.

and as mad hatter already stated, i would much rather see the funny sight of an assault squad struggling through those 30 expendable wounds than my warrior or immortal squad.

also maybe its just me but i like my troop squads to have around the same number of models in them. It helps with the WBB to have more than 10 warriors in a squad. i would redo the numbers so it was 13, 13, 14. Instead of 20, 10, 10.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentioned earlier, I have decided to have two Warrior squads of 15 models each. The other ten Warriors will be replaced with ten Flayed Ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast