3000 Point Nid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

First of all, in 3000 points is it legal to have more than 6 troop choices? I would say 2000 points is one chart, so over that should give extra slots, is that right? If not ten I have one too many troop choices...

Hive Tyrant, adrenalin glands (WS and I), extended carapace, toxin sacs, wings, 2 scything talons, bio plasma, flesh hooks, implant attack, warp blast

Hive Tyrant, adrenalin glands (WS and I), extended carapace, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, scything talons, venom cannon, 2 guard

3 warriors, adrenalin glands (both), extended carapace, leaping, toxin sacs, rending claws and scything talons, flesh hooks

3 warriors, adrenalin glands (both), extended carapace, leaping, toxin sacs, rending claws and scything talons, flesh hooks

3 warriors, enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, 3 scything talons, 2 death spitters, 1 vennom cannon

10 ripper swarms

10 genestealers

10 genestealers

32 hormagaunts

20 hormagaunts

30 spine gaunts

32 spine gaunts

16 gargoyles

3 biovores with poison mines

carnifex, adrenalin glands (WS), enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, venom cannon, bio plasma, implant attack

Scythed Hierodule

2997 points, 178 models

The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by strewart@Nov 7 2004, 058
    First of all, in 3000 points is it legal to have more than 6 troop choices? I would say 2000 points is one chart, so over that should give extra slots, is that right? If not ten I have one too many troop choices...
    [snapback]245928[/snapback]
    Yes and no. You can have more than 6 troop slots if you use two detachments (two force organization charts, FOCs). However, the minimum requirements must be met for BOTH FOCs, and of course your opponent (tournament organizers) must agree to allow two FOCs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Hive Tyrant, Winged: Otherwise good, but I'd do a small exchange... Drop FlsHks, take EnhSen. FlsHks are usually a moot point for a Winged creature, whereas the EnhSen will help the WBlast to hit more often (and likely to pay it's points back).

Don't think much of Bioplasma since it doesn't benefit from the TMC rules.

Hive Tyrant, walking w/2x Guard: Pretty solid.

CC Warriors: Looking solid. Depending on the circumstances, might consider fielding them in a single large brood of 6.

Shooty Warriors: Ok.

Ripper Swarms: Wouldn't bother with these... I'd use the points for more Leaping Gaunts.

Genestealers: Ok with the usual reservations.

Hormagaunts: I'd try to find the points for at least 8 more Gaunts, and then split them into 3x 20. This way they'd be more effective tying up the enemy.

Hive Nodes?

Spinegaunts: Good amount of cheap mass... Could shave a few to get the points for the extra Hormagaunts.

Gargoyles: Solid.

Biovores: Solid.

Carnifex: Solid, though as with the Tyrant, not sure of the usefulness of the BioPlasma

Scythed Hierodule: Rather nasty once it gets up close. :ph34r:

What's Your opponent fielding to counteract the Hierodule? =)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop rippers get more genos
    <('U')>
    disonour before death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Ok, I thought people would suggest dropping the rippers. I only threw them in to fill points and because I would have that many models of them.

Yes and no. You can have more than 6 troop slots if you use two detachments (two force organization charts, FOCs). However, the minimum requirements must be met for BOTH FOCs, and of course your opponent (tournament organizers) must agree to allow two FOCs
    I've filled both, 2 HQ and more than 4 troops. Removing the rippers will leave me with 6, unless I put another group of hormagaunts in though... So I need to arrange it with my opponent to use two charts then.

I find bioplasma can be useful to make that attack first and sometimes remove a potentially dangerous foe before they can strike, I'll keep it in mind if I'm running out of points though. With the carnifex it actually allows the thing to strike with an opponent, instead of after them, even if it is only one attack.

I don't know what my opponent would take to combat the hierodule, I didn't think about that... Probably a small titan.

Thanks for the input so far, I'll take it into consideration.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread