Librarium Online Forums banner

Necrons

542 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  The Mad Hatter 
#1 ·
First off I just want to say I don't want to use destroyers or immortals if I can help it. They're used far too often and I've done fairly well in a tournament so far without them and I will continue to not use them.

1 Lord: Orb, Vod: 200
1 Lord: Destroyer body, nightmare shroud, Lightning field, gaze of flame, warscythe: 210

10 Flayed ones: 180
5 Pariah: 180

10 warriors: 180
10 warriors:180
15 warriors:270

10 scarabs: 120
3 Wraiths: 123

Monolith: 235
2 Tomb spyders: 110

Total models: 62, 1 Tank
Total necrons: 50, Phase out at 13 models.

Basic tactic is to drop the monolith in the middle and disrupt while scarabs and lord move up one flank and flayed ones and pariah move up behind them. Warriors are supported by tomb spyders in case of CC, the tomb spyders can break off to engage nearby enemies while lord and 15 warriors warp around shooting separated units. I've used this tactic with less troops at 1500 points and it works well against tau, marines, necrons and dark eldar. I haven't faced a REALLY CC army yet but I'm confident that I'll be able to handle it since I'll have two sources of out of CC teleportation and a good number of CC units. My only reservation about this list is I prefer 33-40% troops and this is only 32% troops.

See less See more
#2 ·
and i have a nother basic tactic for you, get eaten alive by nids, but from what i know 'bout the 'crons (and that's not much) this is a pretty decent list, but what do you have against destroyers and immortals?

#3 ·
You could certainly drop all the extra crap off of the destroyer lord (gaze of flame, nightmare shroud, lightning field) and add some more warriors or disruption fields to the scarabs.

#4 ·
Extra crap?!?..I'm not going to even start. That extra crap killed over 10x it's points cost last night for me. The reason I don't have disruption on the scarabs is because they're going to be primarily fighting troops/dev. squads and not vehicles.

I don't have anything against destroyers or immortals I just don't have either and the closest I'll probably have is maybe a small group of Immortals since I have 3 already and just haven't had the cash to buy 2-3 more. Plus there are 3 other necron players in the tournament and they all play swarms of destroyers and immortals. I think they're both very good units, I just prefer not running standard necrons with lots of destroyers and immortals.

And about the nids, yeah I know they're very nasty and my army isn't geared towards fighting them but since there's only one nid player in the tourney compared to 8-9 marines and 3 other necrons I'm geared more towards killing a 3+ army.

#5 ·
Ok revised the list some, see what you think:

HQ:
Lord: Destroyer Body, Res Orb, Phase Shifter, Warscythe:210

Elites:
10 Flayed ones: 180
6 Pariah: 216

Troops:
15 warriors: 270
15 warriors: 270
10 warriors: 180

Fast attack:
3 Wraiths: 123
2 Wraiths: 82
7 Scarabs: Disruption Fields: 112

Heavy Support:
Monolith: 235
Tomb Spyder: 55
Heavy Destroyer: 65

Total Models: 69
Total Necrons:54
Phase out: 14

All 5 wraiths run with the lord, the 10 man squad of warriors is held in reserve for the monolith, and the flayed ones and pariah support one another.

#7 ·
Well, one suggestion is to redo the points on that Destoryer lord, since lords are 100pts apiece and they are only allowed 100 points worth of wargear, giving you a 200 pt lord max.

#8 ·
A warscythe isn't wargear so yes you can have a 210 lord.

Ok so drop the HD for the second spyder I was just doing that because I have the model and had 10 points to play with and I really like having 2 grand even. I think a pack of 5 with the lord is a pretty hefty force considering that's 20 str 6 i 6 attacks on the charge. I agree with the spyder choice but not with the wraith choice because I've figured out that a lord w/ 2 wraiths in front of 3 wraiths means it's gonna be a lot harder to kill than just a lord and 3 wraiths because the front group's majority toughness is 6 (3 lord wounds, 2 wraith wounds). I know that doesn't matter if they're shooting lascannons but against bolters it makes a world (33.3% to be exact) of difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.