1500 Point Khorne Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just starting off at Warhammer 40k, and I thought I'd try my hand at Chaos. I've spent a good few days reading the codex, getting adive from my friends and from reading tactics on the new. There's somethig about Khorne that I just find to my liking. He's the most directly evil of the evil gods, and the speed advantages he gives to his units takes the pressure off selecting expensive fast attack units, and focussing on more hardcore troops. And I thought 1500 was a nice size for starting off at. So, here's my list (now with less points&#33:

1x Bloodthirster
    Unit total: 205

7x Berserkers: Mark of Khorne, Chainaxe, Ferocious Charge, Frag Grenades
    1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood, Daemonic Chains
    1x Rhino: Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher
    Unit total: 288

7x Berserkers: Mark of Khorne, Chainaxe, Ferocious Charge, Frag Grenades
    1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood
    Unit total: 268

7x Berserkers: Mark, Chainaxe, Ferocious Charge, Frag Grenades
    1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood
    Unit total: 268

8x Bloodletters
    Unit total: 208

1x Dreadnaught: Twin Lascannon, Extra Armour
    1x Dreadnaught: Twin Lascannon, Extra Armour
    Unit total: 260

Total: 1497

I am going in a big way for rapid assault. The rhinos push my Beserkers forward to the front, deploy them, summon the bloodletters and the bloodthirster and just go hard. I do however have some questions:

1) With my HQ unit, do I need one that is always in the game? Or can I count the bloodthirster as my sole HQ unit despite the fact it can't come into the game until turn 2?
    2) I thought that the weakness of the Khorne army was a complete inefficiency for destroying tanks. Bloodletters aren't bad for weaker vehicles but not bigger things, and the bloodthirster is only one unit. So I put in the Dreadnaughts with lascannons. Was that a good choice? I have certainly heard bad things about Dreadnaughts, but the same goes for every other Heavy Support option open to Khorne. I originally had terminators, but the cost added up astronomically with them.
    3) Do I really need the rhinos when I have blood rage, ferocious charge and talismans? They're more there for speed than any protection they may offer. Are they actually needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated for this deck. Sorry if it is completely retarded, but this is my first army. So, thanks in advance.

EDIT:
    This is an alternate army list that is based on some earlier suggestions for my army. The difference is that the bloodletters have been replaced with another squad of marines, and the dreadnaughts have been changed with a lascannoned-up Predator tank. Also, each Champion (except the one to be posessed) also has grabbed some power fists for tank destruction.

1x Bloodthirster
    Unit total: 205

1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood, Daemonic Chains
    Unit total: 293

1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood, Power Fist
    Unit total 273

1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood, Power Fist
    Unit total 273

7x Berserkers: Mark, Chainaxe, Ferocious Charge, Frag
    1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman, Power Fist
    Unit total: 215

1x Predator: front Lascannon, side Lascannon, Mutated Hull
    Unit total: 175

Army total: 1479

Just one question here: can I have power fist and chain axes for my aspiring champions, or only one?

Is this list better than the other? If so (or if not) are there any suggestions that anyone has to make the army better?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, but you don't need daemonic strength on all of your champs. They'll be at S8 with those powerfists, and as they'll be primarilly assaulting infantry anyway, where the difference between S8 and S9 is negligible. The only place it'd make a difference is in combat against vehicles, and you've got the thirster and dreads/ pred for that.

If you were thinking that they'd be S10 with the p.fist, d. strength combo, they're not, as you add the point of strength from the d. strength AFTER you've doubled it with the powerfist.

Other than that either of those lists is good. I prefer the one with the bloodletters and the dreads, but that's just me.
    ----------
    Fear The ANZAC Clan!

And as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

-Lewis Carrol, Jabberwocky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooops, double posted :huh:
    ----------
    Fear The ANZAC Clan!

And as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

-Lewis Carrol, Jabberwocky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List sounds good, except for one thing, if you take the rhinos, drop the talismans, and vice versa. If I were to make a Khorne list, I would drop the rhinos, and go for massed Berzerkers with the champ with a talisman. this would get them across the battlefield pretty fast. Dropping all the rhinos would add almost a full squad of berzerkers. That would just be my suggestion, but take it with a grain of salt.

Also, with the Predator, if you are planning on moving it, I would suggest having Heavy bolter sponsons, that way you can move and shoot everything, otherwise keep the lascannons.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I would keep the dreadnoughts (give them mutated hulls and plasma cannons) and also drop demonic strengh and frag gernades not worth it. keep the tailesmens and no rhinos. Screw bloodthirster and go for a demon prince (yes he can lead your army by himself) they are better and less points. Also consider going for a squad of 8 fleshhounds they are really helpful verses nids orks and IG.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a revised list, based on suggestions:

1x Daemon Prince: Mark, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Essence, Furious Charge, Feel No Pain
    Unit Total: 170

1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman, Chains
    Unit Total: 222

1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman
    Unit Total: 202

Unit Total 202

Unit Total 202

8x Bloodletter
    Unit Total: 208

1x Dreadnaught: Twin Plasma Cannon, Mutated Hull
    Unit Total: 145

1x Predator: Lascannon front, side Heavy Bolter, Mutated Hull
    Unit Total: 155

TOTAL: 1506

I'll get rid of the 6 points somewhere. Basically there are now an extra two troop groups at the expense of the rhinos; the aspiring champions are toned down a bit; there is a daemon prince rather than a bloodletter; the predator has been stripped of a lasercannon and given a heavy bolter, and a dreadnaught has been added. The extra troops were a strong suggestion from the gamers at my local place.

Is this looking better>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding your revised list:
    a) You don't need chains on the aspiring champion as you don't include a greater daemon that needs to be summoned.

b) You can't have twin plasma cannons.

c) You haven't given your daemon prince any sort of weapon or any kind of protection against power weapons or low ap shooting. The way he is now he is going to die to shooting in the first or second turn. If you play against Tau, a railgun shot will insta-kill him.

d) What about furious charge and frag grenades on your aspiring champions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Yea also take OUT the Demonic Strength from your Champians (they don't do much since your giving them powerfist.), and i still don't think frag gernades are worth it ether. Have 2 different dreadnoughts with 1 plasma cannon on each and 1 dreadnought ccw on each. Give them mutated hulls (if you can find the points). If your going to stick with a preditor then get two of them and no dreads. I also agree with everything idinos said.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments guys! Here's a revised list:

1x Daemon Prince: Mark, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Essence, Furious Charge, Feel No Pain, Berserker Glaive, Daemonic Rune
    Unit Total: 245

7x Berserkers: Mark, Chainaxe, Ferocious Charge
    1x Aspiring Champion: Demonic Strength, Talisman, Ferocious Charge
    Unit Total: 194

Unit Total: 194

Unit Total 194

Unit Total 194

8x Bloodletter
    Unit Total: 208

TOTAL: 1504

So here is what I've changed:
    -Daemon Prince now has a Berserker Glaive and Daemonic Rune
    -Berserkers no longer have frag grenades
    -Changed a typo so Aspiring Champions are now listed as having feriocious charge
    -Took away a dreadnaught and added a predator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Looks pretty good to me, you have a nice core of berzerkers and bloodletters. You have a strong Demon prince and you have 2 preditors giveing your troops much needed suppot while they run across the feild in the name of the Blood God. The demon prince seems pretty high in points but i don't have my chaos codex with me (lent it to a friend) when i get it back i'll tell you how you can shave off some points. That plus Takeing away the Demonic Strength you insist on haveing you might be able to get a squad of flesh hounds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast