1500 Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Tyranids

from a small,hidden in the warp hive fleet "The green Tide"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked ripper models so I've decided to include them in my army. I want to playtest them against Necrons and SM.

[HQ]
    Swarm Tyrant
    Adrenal Glands (In+WS); Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Toxin Sacs; Wings; Scything Talons (x2); Implant Attack; Warp Blast

[Elites]
    3 Leaping Warriors
    Adrenal Glands (In+WS); Extended Carapace; Leaping; Toxin Sacs; Rending Claws;

Scything Talons; Flesh Hooks;

[Troops]
    18 AdrenaHormagaunts
    Adrenal Glands (In+WS); Leaping; Scything Talons; Hive Node (x1)

18 AdrenaHormagaunts
    Adrenal Glands (In+WS); Leaping; Scything Talons; Hive Node (x1)

19 Spinegaunts
    Spinefist; Hive Node (x1)

19 Spinegaunts
    Spinefist; Hive Node (x1)

8 Genestealers

8 Ripper Swarm

[Heavy]
    3 Biovores
    Bio-Acid Spore Mines (x3)

VenomFex
    Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Venom Cannon (x2)

Any comments will be appreciated.

SM beware.
    Green Tide will consume You all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well rounded but a couple points.

You talked about rippers. Consider taking leaping to get them into CC faster.

Thats really all i can suggest for your choices, too solid a list to pick apart.

Your tyrant should be ok against necron, but against SM he may get shot up without enough cover. Tyrant guard statlines are really good in CC and overlooked.

Careful of necron heavy destroyers. Necron have real trouble with TMC's, so in something like a 1500pt fight I'd have 3 of them on the table to take advantage of that weakness.

Also a good switchout would be either a few more warriors or a lictor in place of spinegaunts or rippers. Can tailor it a bit to what you're going to fight.

This list did well in 1000pts.

Tyrant fully biomorphed. VC, WB, ST, FH

2x Tyrant Guard, FH

6x Warriors. Leaping, WS, S, I, EXTCAR, ST, RC, FH

12x Adrenagaunts WS I Leaping ST Hive Node

12x Adrenagaunts WS I Leaping ST Hive Node

Carnifex fully biomorphed VC x2

Just to compare. I generally build on that list if I want to go to 1500 or 2000.

You have a good list though. Hope it works for you.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America, Above the United States, On Earth. PM me if you still don't know.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't anyone use seeding swarms nomore....?

Anyhow, I'd take a couple of 'fexes in place of spinegaunts and rippers. rippers aren't great unless you have 3 species in yur army then biomorph 'em all with rending claws. give tyrant a guard and stick a 'fex with the guard and give him 2 venom cannons. that's about all.
    Win/Draw/Loss
    Seeding Swarm Deathbringer: 16/5/13
    Witch Hunters: Currently in development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Originally posted by Great Devourer@Nov 22 2004, 23:29
    Doesn't anyone use seeding swarms nomore....?

Anyhow, I'd take a couple of 'fexes in place of spinegaunts and rippers. rippers aren't great unless you have 3 species in yur army then biomorph 'em all with rending claws. give tyrant a guard and stick a 'fex with the guard and give him 2 venom cannons. that's about all.
    [snapback]255572[/snapback]
    can't have ripper swarms in a seeding swarm and yes my friend now plays seeding swarm (God I shouldn't have old him about it&#33. ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I'm with Pyre, not much at fault with the list. =)

Slight pointers for what I'd personally take... And no, no reward for guessing I'll suggest leaving the Rippers! X)

Spinegaunts: I would also only take a single brood of these (maybe up it to 20-24) and spend the rest elsewhere.

Ripper Swarm: Big surprise, would drop them and use points elsewhere.

Biovores: I'd take Poison mines in addition to the Bio-Acid... Multi-purpose, but if You only ever face Necrons and SM, then I guess there's little need. Of course, if the Necrons have a C'tan, Poison is an additional thing which can wound it safely at range.

What to use points for? Depending how much points are skimmed, 2 Tyrant Guards for the Carnifex could come in handy. Other possibilities up to personal taste.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread