Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I ask that you take a look at this list. Keep in mind I don't have many models (only about 72 in the army) so I had to take a lot of upgrades (which explains why almost every squad has a succubus or sybarite that is decked out). I used all the models I had and added a lot of wasteful wargear. Tell me what you think though. I've played this army with a lot of success. Dark Angels are my main army so some criticism from experience DE players would help. Thanks for your time all.

Head Quarters
    Archon
    Shadow Field
    Combat Drugs
    Agoniser
    Splinter pistol
    Haywire Grenades
    Mask of the Damned
    Plasma Grenades

5 Incubi

Haemonculus
    Combat Drugs
    Scissor Hand
    Destructor

Haemonculus
    Combat Drugs
    Scissor Hand
    Stinger

Raider
    Dark Lance
    Night Field

Elites
    10 Wyches
    Wych Weapons
    2 Blasters
    Haywire Grenades
    Succubus
    Agoniser
    Combat Drugs
    Goblet of Spite
    Raider
    Dark Lance
    Night Field

Troops
    10 Warriors
    2 Dark Lances

10 Warriors
    2 Dark Lances
    Sybarite

10 Warriors
    2 Splinter Cannons
    Sybarite
    Webway Portal

10 Warriors
    Splinter Cannon
    Blaster
    Raider
    Night Shield
    Sybarite
    Agoniser

Fast Attack
    4 Reavers
    Succubus
    Power Weapon
    Haywire Grenades
    Combat Drugs
    2 Blasters

3 Reavers
    Succubus
    Power Weapon
    Haywire Grenades
    Combat Drugs
    2 Blasters

Heavy Support
    7 Scourge
    4 Splinter Cannons

Ravager
    2 Disintegrators
    Dark Lance
    Night Field

Total 2000 Pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming the Raiders deploy through the WWP, right? If so, cool - this will shield them from enemy fire. If not, that's bad because it takes only an opponent with half-decent shooting to down two or three Raiders in one turn and cripple the squads inside. Also, if your Raiders are going through the WWP then don't waste points on Night Shields for them - they won't be useful.

If I were you, I'd drop the Scourges altogether. I have only ever found them to be very useful against Orks and Tyranids, they are just too expensive and fragile against other armies. With the points (and some extra cash ) I'd beef up the two Reaver Squads because small units like that are extremely vulnerable and prone to being wiped out or sent fleeing before achieving anything useful. I would also make a point of raising the number of models in the WWP carrying squads for safety. Deploy them right forwards and FOF forwards in turn 1, open the Portals in turn 2. Unleash Raider-borne death in turn 3.

You need 1 more Incubi to make the Retinue legal.

The Raider Squad - I'd drop two Warriors and have the Haemonculi ride along with the squad to give it extra punch. The Archon and Retinue are already powerful enough, they don't need a boost.
    <u>Know thy Enemy</u>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm' target='_blank'>-The Troll, Aggravor Pestis</a>
    <a href='http://mu.ranter.net/starcraft/bnet.html' target='_blank'>-The l33t d00d, Optimus Simula</a>
    <a href='http://40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=1993.msg496519#msg496519' target='_blank'>-The Spammer, Spammator Demens</a>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm#IPYW' target='_blank'>-The Flamer, Inflammator</a>

+ Reply to Thread