1st Space Marine Army. 2421 Points Please Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

This is my first (revised first) army list. They are ultramarines (as you can view in my gallery, more pictures will be going on there when it lets me).

Please could you help and advise me as I have both the rulebook and codex (pictures can be provided for proof, latest versions) and have a very vague understandiing of them, as I am finding it difficult to learn hoe to play. I have had a chat with the bloke in my local hobby store (not a games workshop store, it's independent) and he doesnt seem to want to help me very much.

I have posted on other forums and am trying to learn stuff from there too, and thought I'd broaden my horizens and try here too.

(drop pods or rhinos for some of my troops)?

HQ

1. Commander

Master
    - Lightning claw
    - bolter
    - artificer armour

120 points

1.1 Command Squad (for commander)

Command Squad
    1 x marine with plasmagun
    - Veteran sergeant
    - bolter
    - Apothecary
    -narthecium and reductor
    -bolt pistol & CCW
    - Standard Bearer
    -company standard
    -bolt pistol & CCW
    - Company Champion
    Combat shield, bolt pistol, power weapon

170 points

(TRANSPORT)

Razorback
    Twin linked heavy bolter
    -smoke launchers
    -dozer blade
    -extra armour

83 Points

2. Chief Librarian Tigurius SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM

ELITES

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought
    - Assault Cannon
    - Deadnought CCW
    - smoke launchers
    -vererable
    -furious assault/charge

Points 138

2. Veteran Squad

Veteran Squad
    - Furious charge skill
    - 2x marine with Bolt pistols and CCW
    - 1x marine with twin lightning claws
    - 1x marine with power weapon and bolt pistol
    - Veteran Sergeant
    -bolt pistol
    -power fist
    -master crafted weapon

180 points

TROOPS

1. 9 Man Tactical Squad

- 7 with bolters
    - 1 with missle launcher
    - Veteran sergeant
    - Chain sword and bolt pistol

160 points

2. 6 Man Tactical Squad

- 3 with bolters
    - 1 flamer
    - 1 laser cannon
    - Veteran Sergeant
    - storm bolter
    131 points

3. 5 Man Scout Squad

5-man scout squad
    - 2x bolter scouts
    - 2x sniper rifle scouts
    - 1x heavy bolter scout

80 points

4. 6 Man Tactical Squad

- 3 with bolters
    - 1 missle launcher
    - 1 flamer
    - veteran sergeant
    - power fist
    - bolter

137 Points

5. 6 Man Tactical Squad

- 3 with bolters
    - 1 flamer
    - 1 plasma cannon
    - veteran sergeant
    - power fist
    - bolt pistol

147 Points

6. 6 Man Tactical Squad LTD EDTION VET SERGEANT

- 3 with bolters
    - 1 with melta gun
    - 1 with heavy bolter
    - veteran sergeant
    - storm bolter
    - power weapon

145 Points

FAST ATTACK

1. 10 Man Assault Squad

10-man assault squad
    - 7x bolt pistol & CCW
    - 2x plasma pistols & CCW
    - Veteran Sergeant
    -bolt pistol & CCW

245 points

2. Bike Squad

3-man bike squadron
    - Twin-linked bolters
    - Veteran sergeant
    - Power weapon
    - Attack bike
    -multi-melta

191 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

1. Predator Annialator

Predator Annihalator
    - Sponson heavy bolters
    - smoke launchers
    - extra armour

133 points

2. Whirlwind MKII

Whirlwind MKII
    -extra armour
    -smoke launchers
    vengeance or castellan missles (decided at game start)

Points 93

3. Landraider Crusader

Landraider Crusader
    -smoke launchers
    Points 268

TOTAL 2421 I think (without tigurius)

NOTES

Chief Librarian Tigurius

Epistolary
    - psychic hood & force weapon
    - bolt pistol
    - artificer armour
    - familiar
    - Powers: - Storm of the Emperors wrath
    - Veil of time
    176 points

Able to replace the plasma gunner from command squad if so desired, Or use Tigurius as second HQ choice

If anyone has any suggestions and or wants to rip my army apart again please feel free to do so (not literly it took me 2 months to get and put together). In fact please do so I am in need of help with my list

cheers

tris

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, let's see here.

HQ:

Your commander would be better off with a pair of lightning claws, drop the bolter. Either give him the claws or a power weapon, fist or thunder hammer and bolt pistol for the extra attack. He could also do with an invulnerable save like a combat shield.

The command squad looks ok, though I would probably give them a melta gun so they can shoot it and charge the same turn. The veteran sergeant should have a bolt pistol and close combat weapon at a bare minimum. I would probably go with a power weapon for him as well, if not a power fist. The razorback is pretty solid, though the dozer blade is not something it really needs.

I would probably leave tigurus out for now, it's easier to start with the one HQ and no special characters.

Elite:

The dreadnought needs extra armor, not necessecairly smoke launchers. I would also swap the furious assault for a heavy flamer since you will get more use out of a template weapon than the extra initative on the charge.

The veterans really need a rhino to ride in. A foot slogging close combat squad will not do very well. If you want you could try drop podding them as well. For any kind of close combat squad, numbers are important. I would add probably 2 or 3 more marines to the squad to make it survivable.

Troops:

Consolidate some of your tactical squads to fill them out all the way. IMO, each squad should have a heavy and special weapon so it can preform any role on the battlefield, that it their job after all. On your smaller squads you have a power fist veteran sergeant which is not really going to do much. If you want the extra leadership then just give him the terminator honors. One of those small squads might benefit from a razorback or perhaps even a drop pod for one of the large ones. That scout squad will also not accomplish much. I'd say the best thing to do with that few scouts is to give them a missile launcher and bolters for fire support.

Fast Attack:

I like that assault squad alot, but the veteran sergeant should have at least a power weapon. If your bike squadron is going to do some tank hunting then give two of the bikers multi meltas and give the whole squad melta bombs.

Heavy Support:

The tanks look good for the most part. I would drop the extra armor and smoke launchers off of the whirlwind since it shouldn't need either one.

In general:
    The list is pretty solid, though I strongly reccomend creating smaller lists to begin with. 1000 points should get you on the right track and it makes playing games much easier. Try making one of those and post it here so we can help you. I think in this list the commander would be better off ditching the command squad and going with a jump pack so he can fly around with the assault squad. Transports are always a good option and drop pods may be even better.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted.
    Last edited by samurai_socks; January 4th, 2016 at 16:08. Reason: DELETED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for all your advice.

Can I add marines with bolters to my command and or veteran squad, or do they have to be veterans or commanders??

thanks again

tris

NOTE: I have only just got into it, I have the 4th rulebook and codex (which I used both of to make my list) but dont understand the rules or how to play yet so I need help in that area too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Take Mariuses advice.

Come up with a smaller list. 1000-1500 should do it. I doubt you will have a chance to play larger games. Not till you have a much better grasp of the game.

When your done post your list here and we will discuss it with you as well as what tactics to use and rules you need to be aware of.

Im assuming you have someone to play with. What do they play? Obviouslly they havnt been playing long either or you would be asking them about the rules.

If you dont then find someone and let them use half your force. The best way to learn is to play and then ask questions here when you get stumped. Your lucky you started playing in 4th ed. Before this, the rulebooks didnt have indexes. :wacko:
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Chaosbrynn@Dec 7 2004, 210
    Take Mariuses advice.

Come up with a smaller list. 1000-1500 should do it. I doubt you will have a chance to play larger games. Not till you have a much better grasp of the game.

When your done post your list here and we will discuss it with you as well as what tactics to use and rules you need to be aware of.

Im assuming you have someone to play with. What do they play? Obviouslly they havnt been playing long either or you would be asking them about the rules.

If you dont then find someone and let them use half your force. The best way to learn is to play and then ask questions here when you get stumped. Your lucky you started playing in 4th ed. Before this, the rulebooks didnt have indexes. :wacko:
    [snapback]268230[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a go at a smaller list then. I have the bloke at the shop to play with and I have a mate who is starting to collect necrons (but it may be quite a while before he has a playable army)

I have a question

It says in the codex I can have 4-9 men in my veteran and command squads. With the weapons that are already in them, what marines could I put with them to build up the number of the squad and what other weapons cold I use in them??

cheers

tris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the weapons options for command and veteran squads are either all models with a bolter, or all models with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon. Then you may replace the weapon of one model with the heavy and special weapons as listed in each entry. For example, up to 2 models in a command squad may be armed with a flamer(at the appropriate points cost), which replaces the weapons they had before. In your case I would go with either a command or veteran squad. Since it looks like you have them fitted with pistols and close combat weapons then go with that motif. Remember that you can have one model with a power weapon and one with a power fist or lightning claws within the veteran squad and not counting the veteran sergeant. I suggest doing this and using your commander as an independent character so he can join squads at will.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thank you very much.

Back to the planning and hope to post soon

thanks once again

tris

+ Reply to Thread