2500 Point Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but what the hell has that got to do with my army list?

infantry platoons have alwasy had liuetenants which are almost the same as junior officers but junior officer are 5 points more.

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kommissar karls kadians@Sep 7 2003, 051
    heroic senior officer with bolt pistol and power weapon, 2 veterans, 1 medic 1 standard bearer, 1 master vox caster, 1 melta gun, commissar with laspistol and power weapon - 178

2 techpriest enginseers - each has 5 technial sevitors - 190
    Just to point out a couple of things, firstly in your command squad you have said your going for 2 veterans, your officer, medic, standard, vox caster and melta gun. Thats 7 people, where you can only have 5.
    Your officer is #1, if you upgrade to veterans you then cant take any special weapons, vox caster, medic or standard.

Next you say each techpriest has 5 serviators, there only allowed a max of 4 each.
    Thats it so far.

Im currently writing a 2,000 pt upwards army for IG so should be posting it soon, so it might help you in decideding yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

onky verterans can carry a standard and only veterans can be medics so the 2 veterans are he standard bearer and medic.

where does it say you can only have 4 servitors
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 35, under Servitor.

Also, Veteran Sergeants can't have power weapons. If you are going to stand and shoot you don't need them anyways.

Mix some of the missiles with lascannons when up against armor or Terminators.

You will need something mobile if you ever want to win any missions involving table quarters, objective capture, etc. Rough Riders, Sentinels, Hellhounds, Armored Fists, and Deep Striking/Infiltrating Stormtroopers are ideal (Doctrines will be necesary for some of those.) Or, you could use the Drop Pod Doctrine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i will be working on another list soon for my guard so i will keep this in mind. it will be used for killing necrons. has anyone got any suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons + Ordance = No "We'll be back" (hopefully/usually)

Take as much ordance as possible. Sure, their Guass guns glance on a 6, but just blast them quickly. Lots of ordance will allow you to phase them out faster. And pack a Demolisher in case of a Monolith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know the player he dosnt have any monoliths and he dosnt like using them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion I would keep missile launchers in your squads and lascannons into heavy weapons teams and/or command squads.
    Whay I hear ou all ask?
    Yes lascannons are powerful, but limited to be tank killers. Were a missile launcher is still good at taking out a tank, and can switch to template to take out squads.

And Im sure Veteran Sergeants are allowed power weapons/fists. Otherwise why they releasing models for them?
    It does say ,I think (not got Codex with me right at mo while typing), that one upgraded to Vet. Sergeant they have access to the armoury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PanDaemonAeon@Sep 12 2003, 01:31

And Im sure Veteran Sergeants are allowed power weapons/fists. Otherwise why they releasing models for them?
    It does say ,I think (not got Codex with me right at mo while typing), that one upgraded to Vet. Sergeant they have access to the armoury.
    Yes, Vet Sgnts do have wargear access, but the Power Weapon says "Officers, Priests, Storm Trooper Sgnts and Rough Rider Sgnts Only." And Power Fists are officers only.

Closed Thread