Old Wh40k Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like some info from any1 who can give me any: i have some relatively old warhammer 40k models, like the tyranid screamer-killer (round 1987), genestealers and G. Hybrids (198, eldar guardians (1986), and blood angels. If anyone can tell me where i can find additional info on these and other old models (including relative value), it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if you feel this thread isnt in the right place, please move it if you can.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as &quot;Bolter Biatches&quot;
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Saruman_II
    </div>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you could check eBay. They&#39;d most likely have what you&#39;re looking for.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real&#33;
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the Eldar guardians have had their looks changed since those models you probably have. However, you might have the armed with Lasguns which have been taken away since 3rd edition. If you have shuriken catapults on them, then there&#39;s no real functional difference between them and any you could buy currently.

The screamer-killer I believe was the original verison of the Carnifex. This has changed substantially as the Carnifex can now carry weapons instead of being a CC-only monstrosity (although it still is).

Genestealers haven&#39;t changed one bit, except for poses.

Genestealer hybrids are really only seen in the genestealer cult codex (which is really only a chapter approved/white dwarf article). Outside of that, they aren&#39;t really used anywhere else at all.

Blood Angels are probably still good since Space Marines are always Space Marines. Like the guardian comments above, they&#39;re probably still functional under current rules - although there may be small exceptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The screamer-killer I believe was the original verison of the Carnifex. This has changed substantially as the Carnifex can now carry weapons instead of being a CC-only monstrosity (although it still is).
    the screamer-killer, apparently, was insane beck when. he had four armour peirsing cc attacks, plasma breath (with a blast template&#33 and regeneration&#33; GW made the Old-one eye like a Really old carnifex that still knows how to regenerate. i got all this from WD 145 i got ith the models (sort of an inheritance).

If you have shuriken catapults on them, then there&#39;s no real functional difference between them and any you could buy currently.
    yes, most of the guardians have catapults, but some have some strange weapons i cant identify, and i dont think theyre lass guns.

Genestealer hybrids are really only seen in the genestealer cult codex (which is really only a chapter approved/white dwarf article).
    apparently, the G. hybrids where used in regular tyranid armies a long time ago (same WD). i also have an unpainted dreadnaught (1989 i think) thats probably blood angels furioso or something.

other than the WD, i cant find any more info, even on the internet. it would be awesome if someone could provide me with links with info, as i have enough models to build a pre-1990 blood angels army (5tac squads, 2 dred. , 2 rhinos, and some sort of tanks, possibly preds).
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

Saruman_II
    </div>

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

The Hybrid Genestealers were used in Genestealer cult armies. There were some thread topics on the cult armies, you should be able to find it with a search. And on the internet as well, you can find info if you search under Genestealer cults.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

You could try Stuff of Legends. I&#39;d give you a link to their site but I don&#39;t have one on this computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the old LandRaider is sooo lame
    "In the Soviet army it takes more courage to retreat than advance." -Joseph Stalin
    Imperial Guard = Soviet Army? Me thinks so.

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

the old LandRaider is sooo lame
    Well that was useful to the thread...
    Yes a lot of the old models look like as&#036; deal with it and take your spam elsewhere, comprende&#39;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bobby_Wokkerfella@Dec 17 2004, 04:47
    Well that was useful to the thread...
    Yes a lot of the old models look like as&#036; deal with it and take your spam elsewhere, comprende&#39;
    [snapback]278508[/snapback]
    Your contribution was much better. Really, it wasn&#39;t spam, you thread enforcer you. You gotta love 14 year olds with such a chip on their shoulders. Anyway, as a simple google search will show, stuff of legends&#39; website is http://www.solegends.com/

As for relative value of these figures, I&#39;d say that it would not be very high, as the only target audience are collectors, since their quality is lower than that of figures produced today and most of them do not follow new rules either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks&#33;

Saruman_II
    </div>

+ Reply to Thread