Chaos 40k In 40 Minutes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, putting together an army list for a 40k in 40 minutes tourney and looking for some opinions about what I've come up with.

1 squad of 6 marines with a lascannon (99 points)
    1 squad of 5 marines with a lascannon (85 points)
    1 squad of 5 raptors (with aspiring champ) with total of 3 plasma pistols and a meltagun (208 points)

The reason for the heavy firepower is in case of armor being fielded against me (I know that I'll be facing an IG army with 2!!! basilisks and want to be able to kill them).

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

2 basilisks in 40K/40m?? Talk about powergaming...
    Anyway, you might want to drop the Raptors and take more troops instead. That way you can get more troops (raptors are over twice the pts of the normal CSM troops.
    I'd switch the lascannons for missile launchers (or possibly use an autocannon), you won't see anything bigger than AV12 in 40K/40m anyway, and they're cheaper and more versatile.
    The squads are small, but I suppose in these small battles it doesn't matter that much, 6 men squads are good enough I suppose.
    Okay here's something you ought to try: rhino with extra armour and smoke, carrying an assault squad with aspiring champion (give him a power weapon/fist), maybe toss in a meltagun and/or flamer for a bigger pre-assault punch. Spend the rest of your points on bolter-wielding troops with missile launchers, or use an identical squad if you're really into close combat.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d leave out the Raptors. Take another CSM squad w/ CCWs+BPs and put em in a Rhino. Swap a lascannon for missile launcher (gives that extra bit flexiblity).

Closed Thread